The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Me Find Missing Computer Disguised as Book

Arrgh! I reinstalled all of my game files, EPs, custom content, store stuff, etc. onto a different computer drive yesterday 'cause I needed more room. Everything is working beautifully, but I'm missing a couple of items for some dang reason. One of them is CRUCIAL, I tell you, absolutely CRUCIAL to my historically themed games and that is my beloved computer-in-disguise that actually resembles a simple, open book. It is one of my favorite items and worked like a charm, but not only is it missing from my game for some inexplicable reason -- I can't find it anywhere in my Internet searches and I cannot for the life of me remember where I discovered it some months ago.

Does anyone out there have a clue what I'm talking about and where I can find it again? I'll love you always and forever, I swear.

Comments

• Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited May 2013
    Is this CC from a different website or is it from here?

-MV
    Forever a Monster
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's from another website. I don't consider anything "here" to be cc, though I guess that it technically is. I distinguish EA items by calling them store stuff.

My search has just revealed a laptop disguised as a book by Luna, which I am downloading now, but I don't think it is the same one that I was using before. I am still hoping that some historical/fantasy mod/cc fan out there will know what I'm talking about.

The closest thing the store has is the Steampunk laptop, but it still opens like a laptop. The item I'm talking about definitely looks like an old, open book that snaps onto a desk, but it has all the computer functions and animations. It's the coolest thing ever, if I can just find it again.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited May 2013

Yup. I've got that one, too, and it's still showing up in the game with no problem. Thanks, Amaranth. I like it, but it really only works for fantasy or 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and not strictly historical themes. (I've actually got two types of crystal ball computers.) I'm playing a non-cult Victorian couple right now, though, and building a safari lodge in Ziwa Bonde.

I'm just going to let out a big sigh and hope that Luna's mod will serve my purposes. I'm usually so organized with my downloaded content that I could kick myself for having this favorite slip through the cracks. I'm wondering if it was attached to a lot or something.

[Where is that Murfeel creature when you need her? Sleeping?? This seems like something she would have either discovered or made herself for some LOTR theme.]

• Options
    LindaluLindalu Posts: 684 Member
    This is crazy, I lost my working OLD book that replaces a computer or typewriter too. I use it in any stories that predate computer technology. I reinstalled all my Sims from scratch. Saved ALL my downloads and package files. Can't find my book. I tried to find it on the web with search words using Open book, Medieval, Old, Vintage etc. What the heck happened? Does anyone know where to re download it? It pretty much looks like the book of magic on the pedestal. Help! I miss the darn thing.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2018
    Is this what you're looking for?

http://fancifults3cc.tumblr.com/post/157879375081/nuevas-mezclas-con-libros-de-luna-the-mediafire

Or is this the one you already found? I haven't played with it in my game yet, but that's what I found after searching. Hope this helps!
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Please don't necropost in 5-year-old threads. :smile: If you have trouble finding something that was in the game pre-installation you can always start a new thread about it.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top