Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swordplay/Fencing

SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
Up until now I don't think I've ever run into a poll where I had such a hard time choosing! I'm SUPER excited about archery and violins (especially archery, because I've never been able to do it in real life, every time an opportunity comes up the timing is wrong somehow and I miss sign ups :cry: )

However, I really hope this doesn't mean that EA has decided not to do swordplay! I've been wanting it from the very beginning (not enough to get medieval though) and really had a hard time choosing for the poll, if there would've been an 'all 3' option I'd gladly have taken it!

Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited May 2013
    I know what you mean about the poll I wanted the option for all 3! I ended up choosing sword fighting and archery.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I chose violin and archery, so I'm thrilled! But I know what you mean, I want sword fighting too!!! But from what I remember a lot of people were making comments at the time about liking them all and being unable to choose so hopefully they will have taken note of that and will do sword fighting as well.

I think it could be a great feature of the time travel expansion, there could be a choice of swords (like how we have a choice of wands) and one option could be light sabres!!! :D
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2013
    I know it's selfish but I'm really not interested in the Future EP (I wanted time travel to the past!) so I would be gutted if swords made it into there.

I wanted swordplay in the store! I voted for swords and I actually don't remember what other option I chose.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wanted time travel to the past as well, I was so disappointed when they announced the 'future' e.p. :cry: But, reading all the ideas in the stickies has made me really excited about it!!! I might not use all the features but I'll bet I'll like a lot of it! And I'm hoping they do some gameplay magic: something like allowing us to travel between worlds, or allow us to set the era of a world, or such like. Something so we can make our own historical worlds to travel too.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2013
    I guess we'll find out in time. My PC has enough trouble with 5 EPs anyway so I'll probably have to wait for IP, let alone getting others. But a historical possibility is the only thing that could tempt me really.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    I know what you mean about the poll I wanted the option for all 3! I ended up choosing sword fighting and archery.

Yeah, I think I did too I really wanted all three though : /
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    I wanted swordplay to be included in EP11 so we could hopefully get lightsabers. :twisted: :lol:

So I voted for archery/violin, and I'm so happy EA made them! :mrgreen: The archery set is bulky and overly large, but it's still frikkin awesome. I wish it was portable--my sims are so sadistic. :XD: I haven't tried the violin yet, cuz I'm gonna use it on my vampire sims, and I need a coffin first. 8)
  • Options
    angiebabe1859angiebabe1859 Posts: 199 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with the swordplay!! And more martial arts weapons too. I have a black belt and I have a katana sword too. I loooove martial arts as well as weaponry. There could be a LOT more activity with weapons, sims can challenge each other to a duel and stuff or just practice forms and earn skill points to do tricks. It's super fun in real life and it would be fun on sims!!
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    LOL! I've got a 3-sword set, but it's a bit dull, thank goodness--I'd probably cut off my own head if I tried using them; I'm such a clutz. :lol:

If not lightsabers then I'd looooove kendo, or even European rapier fencing.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Kendo might be fun for a martial arts type venue, and a good enough excuse to add one in the first place! I kind of wish they'd been able to do real karate for WA because that'd have been some fun field research! xD

Although European fencing would be cool too!