Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

linking worlds, or neighborhoods

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am not convienced that ea cant come up with a high end sims 4 and make it look nice and run on most computers, it is not like call of duty or far cry the sims is a relaxed game not a lot going on with fast moving game play and objects going across the screen. it can be done I have never had one game crash during sims 3 not one, a lot of the time people just have to many things going on on their computers.

I am not being mean but do you realize that they already have a basic image of what the game is going to look like?

If the rumors are true and they are revealing in March, then they have a image of the game in general, what the Sims look like and what the graphics look like.

• Options
    CjsGirlFriend22CjsGirlFriend22 Posts: 85 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Now when I suggested this, people thought I was crazy.. I got hate replies :lol: its fine, I think this is still an amazing idea!! a mega world
  • Options
    pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited May 2013
    pam4402003 wrote:
    with the background of how these games really do run, I can even see a posh gaming machine having slow downs with this. I use a pretty good gaming machine myself and it is slow with sims 3.
    my game is never slow I run the sims 3 and all of the stuff packs and eps on my hp and it is not a gaming computer but I did buy a very nice video card I use a 2 gig video card and I have no lags at all, plus I have the sims 2 and all of the stuff packs and eps installed I don't know why your game is slow
    well not sure why I have problems and you don't but the fact is I do. I also have a 2gig video card and I do have amazing graphics but I still have slow downs. This is what else I have in my pc..... I also have all the EP's and games from sims 1 to sims 3 on this pc.

Alienware
    Intel Core i7 960 (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache)
    6GB 1333Mhz DDR3
    2.00GB Navidia GeForce GT 640 SC 128MB
    1.2TB Raid 0(2x640GB SATA-11 7,200RPM,16MB Cache)
    875w
    Liquid C.

so I do think you are in the minority, because I know alot of simmers that even have better machines than I have are having problems with the game.

Now I do like your idea alot, but I just don't have faith in EA to make it playable without problems even on a machine like mine. I wish I could have faith in them but there track record is not that great in my opinion.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't know... maybe what they have in mind for the game is nothing none of us expected. maybe they will completely surprise us.. the sims 4 will make or break the franchise, and they know it.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    Actually this isn't something impossible depending on how this is done. I would think like in skyrim, the town would have to be dormant until loaded. The npcs can freely flow between maps. As you see in skyrim from time to time the people traveling the roads to different villages. It is one huge world map, but again the villages do have to load up and so do the houses.

Now if this could be simplified even more without load screens. Let's say you have zones and these zones are small but active. This could allow players to have individual neighborhoods with an open venue or two, but the outside neighborhoods are in different zones. Yet they smaller so as the sim travels between the neighborhoods its becomes active the others dormant all except the players home lot of course. I wonder than if this can still simulate neighborhood growth with the player?

As the neighborhood turns into a town, the town is a distance away from the other towns. A player needs to travel to them via boat, subway, airplane, or train. Instead of getting the loading screen with a plumbob it might be smart if ea adds a little cut scene to show that particular sim traveling. Normally when that person enters and leaves that town it becomes active and dormant. That way you can still link the towns, players can still travel to them, and npc's can travel to you. Depending on the pc specs is the amount the coding allows for visitors in your town.

Just a thought though btw, by now pretty much how sims 4 is going to run is a done deal. Never hurts to throw a thought or an idea out to the devs every now and than.
  • Options
    adityarajadityaraj Posts: 358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    Actually this isn't something impossible depending on how this is done. I would think like in skyrim the town would have to be dormant until loaded but the npcs can freely flow between maps and what not as you see in skyrim from time to time them traveling the roads to different villages. It is one huge world map, but again the villages do have to load up and so do the houses.

Now if this could be simplified even more without load screens. Let's say you have zones and these zones are small but active this could allow players to individual neighborhoods with an open venue or two, but the outside neighborhoods are on different zones yet smaller so as the sim travels between the neighborhoods its becomes active the others dormant all except the players home lot of course. I wonder than if this can still simulate neighborhood growth with the player.

As the neighborhood turns into a town, the town is a distance away from the other towns, player need to travel to them via boat, subway, airplain, train. Instead what of getting the sim loading screen with a plumbob it might be smart if ea adds a little cut scene show that particular sim traveling. Normally when that person enters and leaves that town it becomes active and dormant. That way you can still link the towns, players can still travel to them npc's can travel to you. Depending on the pc specs is the amount the coding allows for visitors.

Just a though though btw, by now pretty much how sims 4 is going to run is a done deal. Never hurts to throw a thought or an idea out to the devs every now and than.
    ]

love the idea :thumbup: