Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time (Clock Speed)

In The Sims 4 there should be a more appropriate time clock (speed).

It shouldn't take our sims as long as it does to complete various tasks (like going to the bathroom for example :shock: ).

If these tasks can either be accomplished in a more timely manner or if the clock/time speed could be adjusted to go slower than there would be more time for our sims to do the many fun things that The Sims 4 will be offering us! :thumbup:

What do you guys think would be a better clock speed?

2 Real Seconds = 1 Sim Minute

or...?

Just by making two real life seconds equal to one sim minute it would double the length of a whole hour in sim time!

Of course being able to customize the time clock (speed) to your own liking though would be perfect!

What do you simmers think?

Agree?

Comments

• Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited May 2013
    agree. It sometimes takes one sim longer to pee than it takes the other sim to cook dinner.not realistic at all unless dinner is a apple and you have some type of bladder problem.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hate that deep soak when they bathe until tranquil. it is to long what is the point in that?
  • Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    agree. It sometimes takes one sim longer to pee than it takes the other sim to cook dinner.not realistic at all unless dinner is a apple and you have some type of bladder problem.

LOL thanks for the laugh :lol:
    Seriously though, they need to do something about this! :thumbup:
  • Options
    PrincessStarrPrincessStarr Posts: 221 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree. Maybe 1 Sim minute should equal like 5 or 10 seconds it's not to short of a time and it's not to long either. Whatever they do i definitely think they should adjust the clock time.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been around the Sims 4 forum all that much, but I just had to respond to this one:

Agreed. The Relativity mod makes it possible to slow down time but not actual game play. Therefore it is possible. With NRaas mods not transferring to the Sims 4, there might not be another Relativity mod for TS4. I don't like to feel rushed, I don't like how much time it takes to everything. We should have options that comes in the game as to how fast time runs in the game. :thumbup:
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree! The only issue might be that triple speed goes a little slower than before so that the animations can attempt to keep up. But, with how laggy my game can be, that probably wouldn't make much difference XD
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2013
    Another pet peeve of mine that I finally fixed with mods. I don't mind the speed when my sim is at work. But when they are out at the bar and I only get 3 to 5 minutes of socializing time, I am not a happy simmer. So yes, hopefully they fix this in the Sims 4 or give us a chance to change how fast time goes ourselves.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! Great ideas everyone. :thumbup:
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    It be great if we could adjust a day settings as we do with seasons/years, too :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    -snip-

Edit: Added this info to my Original Post!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cwurts00cwurts00 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree. One sim minute should take anywhere from 2 to 10 real seconds. In previous games, there was never enough time to do everything. It would also solve the bottleneck problem at the school every day at nine, and at the workplaces.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed! I hate having to use mods for this
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    So what might work, as opposed to slowing sims time down (don't think they'll do it, it's been that way since TS1) is speeding animations up. Like a more realistic time for doing things like toileting, cooking etc.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, time should be more realistic in the game. So, people use a mod to slow time in the game for TS3.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2013
    I believe the sim clock needs to be slowed down especially if they plan on having some type of restaurant experience in the Sims 4. I really wanted open restaurants in the Sims 3 but I am not sure it was really doable.

It may have taken six to eight hours in the Sims 3 to go out to dinner and come back home. The car drive there would take 1-2 hours. To get seated by a waiter would take another 1-2 hours. They eat pretty quickly so I am going to go with 2 hours to get food and eat. Then another 1-2 hours to get back home. This is all hoping your Sim doesn't get caught in the pat the foot animation.

I love the open neighborhood but it took away from nightlife experience because of time constraints. With the Sims 2, you loaded up at the restaurant, eat, hang out and when you went home it was the same time when you left.

If they decide to slow time down, they should add a feature to time warp the clock. I don't want to spend all day watching my Sims sleep or waiting for them to return from work. However, I would like my Sims to enjoy the evening. I guess it is sort of like real life now. You never have enough time to do everything...LOL.

I am afraid to ask the devs to speed up animations because they ruined family meal time. Many people complained about how slow it took for Sims to eat in the Sims 2 and now they eat so fast, my Sims never eat together anymore.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2013
    I loved the Relativity Mod but unfortunately, it didn't like my computer and glitched my game a bit so I had to give it up. :( I definitely agree the clock needs to be adjusted! I know part of the game is "time management" but some actions really do take way too long. I hope they keep the different speed choices as they have now but the relative time to perform actions absolutely needs to be improved.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    So what might work, as opposed to slowing sims time down (don't think they'll do it, it's been that way since TS1) is speeding animations up. Like a more realistic time for doing things like toileting, cooking etc.

If this were the case then it would only take between 2 to 4 sim minutes for them to run to the bathroom, use it, and wash their hands since that is the average time it takes to use the restroom in real life. The sims would constantly be flying around the screen since the clock moves at a speed of 1 Sim Minute for every RL second. :lol:

Hmm... who knows how (or if) they will fix this issue.
  • Options
    Mia576Mia576 Posts: 393 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank God that there are tons of people who think that the time system needs improvement! I think that if the one day was 1.5 times longer (36 hours) would be ideal. The game would still show it like it's 24 hours, time would go slower and needs would decay a tad slower.
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    I use Nraas' Relativity mod for this with TS3. I have my clock running at 46% of default speed and it's WONDERFUL.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    indyChick wrote:
    I use Nraas' Relativity mod for this with TS3. I have my clock running at 46% of default speed and it's WONDERFUL.

I really don't like to use mods in my game so I'm really hope that they will have a way to change this in-game without having to use a mod in Sims 4... 8)
  • Options
    ShawneeMoonShawneeMoon Posts: 32 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree. They should at least give us an option for day length. I hate the time management in TS3. :roll: There is never enough time in the day to do even the mundane things a family usually does in RL. Please EA give us an option.
  • Options
    bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I use the relativity mod too. And thank goodness for it. Otherwise, the sim can't get anything done in a good amount of time. When they get up in the morning, they should have enough time to shower and eat before they have to go to work or school. It takes them hours just to get that stuff done.

Adjusting the clock in Sims 4 is a great idea!
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    It should be more than 24 real life minutes :? It's not enough with open world and going from one side of the city to another :(

I think 36 would be enough, or even 48 minutes on speed 1, but with twice as fast speeds 2 and 3 :)
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited May 2013
    In The Sims 4 there should be a more appropriate time clock (speed).

It shouldn't take our sims as long as it does to complete various tasks (like going to the bathroom for example :shock: ).

If these tasks can either be accomplished in a more timely manner or if the clock/time speed could be adjusted to go slower than there would be more time for our sims to do the many fun things that The Sims 4 will be offering us! :thumbup:

What do you guys think would be a better clock speed?

2 Real Seconds = 1 Sim Minute

or...?

Just by making two real life seconds equal to one sim minute it would double the length of a whole hour in sim time!

Of course being able to customize the time clock (speed) to your own liking though would be perfect!

What do you simmers think?

Agree?

I agree with you! Its hard to keep a good schedule!
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    OMG YES! dont even get me started..

my sim has a uniform to go to work. ok fine. but she stops and waits for FORTY FIVE MINUTES before she changes.. WHYYYYY???
    and yes it seems there is no time to do anything fun after work or school work.