Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone mentioned this yet?

Something I'd like to see in Sim 4 is the ability to have different games with different life spans. So, those of us who do stories and challenges can do something like a baby challenge (life span epic) and a legacy (normal life span) without having to change the settings between games. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Comments

• Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd really like that, too. Sometimes I just want certain sims live forever, and others I'd rather get through quickly. I made the mistake of shortening the lifespan of a certain save and was horrified to find out my sims in the other saves were affected. It pretty much ruined everything. I really hope there's that kind of setting.
  • Options
    asheslove85asheslove85 Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Yes I hope they do something for this also. I had the same thing happen to me and I hate switching the settings between my different families
  • Options
    KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like this as well.

Right now, i have simply made Copies of thesims3 folder, each with different saves..1 has my 100baby challenge, another has a rainbowcy challenge with a normal lifespan, and the other 2 have altered lifespans for my saves in those..

But having the ability to play each save with different age settings would be alot easier, then needing to rename, and what not to my current game style.
    sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've raised this in the past because I wish aging was per game save in sims 3. They do it for weather and NRAAS does it for Story Progression so it's a shame you can't do it for aging. It would be ideal for Sims 4.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited May 2013
    The only thing stopping me from playing more legacies and challenges is that my lifespans would be messed up. Glad to know I'm not the only one. And I think it would be such a tiny fix. Just let the settings per save be per save.