Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monte Vista! Yes or no?

What are your opinions on Monte Vista? Is it worth it? Should I get it while it's still on sale? What are the positives and negatives?

I'd love to hear what you all think :wink:
tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes!

It's a BEAUTIFUL world! So rich and cultured looking as far as the landscaping and the designs of the homes and community lots.

Plus, the pizza oven's awesome!*L*
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    A huge YES!

I love it. So worth it. At least it was/is for me. :)
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love it, worth every penny as full price imo ;D but if you wait till a sale that is cool too :)
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's gorgeous and I love it. DO get it!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have it, and it won't install for me. But here's the strange thing about MV for me. Almost all of it's contents is in my catalog. HMMMMMMMMMM :?
  • Options
    elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2013
    NO,if you love building, no, don't get it- I have it,but it's a very small World and too much hills, it is Beautifull and the Pizza oven works nicely, but not worth it... :roll: Wait for Dragon Valley..
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's my favourite world! It's beautiful, the cas is nice, and the build/buy objects are lovely.

(Can't miss the chance to post screenshots)

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited May 2013
    elsievdm wrote:
    NO,if you love building, no, don't get it- I have it,but it's a very small World and too much hills, it is Beautifull and the Pizza oven works nicely, but not worth it... :roll: Wait for Dragon Valley..

Couldn't have said it any better.

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited May 2013
    I only got MV yesterday, as DV is still a few weeks off and I really have wanted MV for a while.
    It's a stunning world, very beautiful. They've completely captured the feel and architecture of the area, the walled city area is so authentic. Love all the pools dotted around. It's seems plenty big enough for Pets equestrian lots, ample room for Ambitions lots and some Showtime venues. Tried out the pizza oven at the pizzeria and it works really well.
    On the down side I found, in the short time I've played, the hills a bit annoying. Not so much for travel but inside certain houses. The Monty house for example has an odd layout over 3 floors and is right on the hillside, the camera is panning away every time I try the top floor. Noticed it in another house too.
    And so far I've found it to be an extremely quiet world, as in empty. No matter where I've gone with my Sim there seems to be no one else there or maybe just a couple of Sims. Really hope this improves and it's only happening because it's newly installed, maybe the other Sims just need some time to "get going".
    Overall it's a yes from me.
  • Options
    treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes!

This is the only store world I own.. and I haven't regretted it for one minute!

I managed to put two of the showtime venues in it: the park with the stage and the big festival park . (there is no room for the latenightvenues, but I never play celebs anyway.) I did change the lot type for the bar to local watering hole.

I haven't played in another world ever since I bought it.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's my favourite world! It's beautiful, the cas is nice, and the build/buy objects are lovely.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    I love her outfit. I had made that corset thing brown leather with a green skirt. :D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello Feather91 :) MV is a gorgeous world. It is one of my favourites :) It has many lovely build/buy objects, hairstyles and clothing. It is also a very good price :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2013
    YES!
    I really like it. You get an Italian vibe from it. This town is just so beautiful (really wonderful light effects and sunsets) and it has a great PC item (pizza oven). I recently built a church for Monte Vista. You can find it in my studio. :)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh, yes, yes, yes. I waited for months to get it, just making sure I wanted to spend the money. Now I am super glad I did, it's absolutely gorgeous! The views are stunning, the houses are quaint and I am just so in love with the atmosphere.

It might not be for everyone and I admit when it comes to sims 'hoods I'm not terribly difficult to satisfy. But IMO it's prettier than any other neighborhood thus far. It's also neat that the architecture of the town is so unique but still usable. Being able to snatch public buildings of that style and put them in other town was one of the big draws for me.
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2013
    Erja888 wrote:
    YES!
    I recently built a church for Monte Vista. You can find it in my studio. :)

You did an amazing job, it fits right in! Thank you for this addition! =D
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you all for your responses! I'm definately leaning towards getting it now :mrgreen:

I do like building, so it's sad to hear there isn't much room for it. But on the other side, the houses I build would look ridiculous in MV so I could just use another world for building.

@Cinderellimouse Those are some gorgeous screenshots! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited May 2013
    I guess I'm in the minority. As in all new worlds I opened the town and explored it all. I've never gone back to play a game there. I just didn't like the terrain and lack of building room.

I do like the items that came with it though.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Floraflora2Floraflora2 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't say it's not worth to get Monte Vista, but I would like to add a few oddities that I noticed there while playing:

- days seem to be shorter than in other default neighborhoods. Even in Summer (Seasons EP), the sunset starts at 16.30 which is weird in my opinon. The light becomes reddish dim all over, shadows become long, it's really odd in "Italy" where I would expect this sunset happen at about 20.00-21.00, but definitely not at 16.30.

- there are no "community events" in my Monte Vista. You know, the base game events like the Grill-a-thon in the park, the Chess tournament, or the usual Saturday Amateur athletic tournament in the stadium. I have a "Big park" in Monte Vista and I put chess tables and grills there, but still no events in the newspaper, not even the option to read about community events - because there is no one.

- weird that there are no ghosts in the graveyard, either. I visited the graveyard several times, and I noticed there are graves of deceased sims with names, but at night, no wandering ghosts neither in the graveyard, nor in the town.

- most of the community lots are totally abandoned everywhere, no visitors, for example, the big park should attract visitors generally, but no one, even at after-work hours. I had to download and install a "more townies in town" mod to inspire townies to visit and gather, it was so annoying to wander around alone.

Yes, I have some mods in my game, but only 1.50 compatible ones (or they are said to be).
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited May 2013
    Floraflora2 that's been my experience as well.
    I thought the sunset was starting early, it's pretty but does seem to appear earlier.
    The lack of any townies at the community areas is getting really annoying, the only place where I've seen 4 sims gather was the library, everywhere else is deserted.
    Twinbrook by comparison where I nearly always play I can guarantee at least 8 people will appear on any given lot, sometimes considerably more and I play with no mods.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    sunman502 wrote:

screenshot_original.jpg
    I love her outfit. I had made that corset thing brown leather with a green skirt. :D

I love that dress too! I made the corset brown leather too, and the skirt is like a cotton.

Just incase anyone thinks that dress comes from MV, it's actually from the Tudor set! But I believe that's the hair from MV.
    Feather91 wrote:
    Thank you all for your responses! I'm definately leaning towards getting it now :mrgreen:

I do like building, so it's sad to hear there isn't much room for it. But on the other side, the houses I build would look ridiculous in MV so I could just use another world for building.

@Cinderellimouse Those are some gorgeous screenshots! Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome! :D

It upsets me to read negative comments about Monte Vista because I think it's incredibly beautiful and I love the style of it so much!

I know people have commented that there isn't much room but I think they have been quite clever with it. There are some nice empty lots in places like the spa area where I easily fitted the stylist lot, and I found many other lots were sort of set up to be easily adaptable into baristas, nectaries and bars. I've converted them easily enough. Plus, there are a couple of 40x40 lots and a big empty 64x64 lot. I found it easy to place the equestrian centre and the Al Fresco market.

I would say that the auto placement of lots is terrible! It places buildings that do NOT fit in with the style, but it does that in every world and I wish it were an optional feature. So if you bulldoze those stupidly placed lots that shouldn't be there anyway you should have plenty of room.

I'm not arguing against that the people who have made contradictory comments are wrong, they feel differently and that's fine, their comments are as justified as my own. I'm just offering my own perspective.

:D
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have quite a few worlds, from various EP's and the a couple from the store, and I can definately say that Monte Vista does not dissapoint. It's beatiful, and I am European, and it really does reflet Italy, and looks like a European village you'd find there :D
    THe rabbit holea re all unique, and the twon hall is a castle! Plus, the houses are all little chateau things which is wonderful! My only critisicm is that its not good fro a legacy family, because when you start, everyone there is Italian, with tanned skin and shades and Italian names, however as time pregresses, and Story Progression kicks in, they al eventually die off, and are replaced by randomized people, who are usually not Euro-looking- just normal sims :/
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited May 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    I have quite a few worlds, from various EP's and the a couple from the store, and I can definately say that Monte Vista does not dissapoint. It's beatiful, and I am European, and it really does reflet Italy, and looks like a European village you'd find there :D
    THe rabbit holea re all unique, and the twon hall is a castle! Plus, the houses are all little chateau things which is wonderful! My only critisicm is that its not good fro a legacy family, because when you start, everyone there is Italian, with tanned skin and shades and Italian names, however as time pregresses, and Story Progression kicks in, they al eventually die off, and are replaced by randomized people, who are usually not Euro-looking- just normal sims :/
    I've been to Italy a couple of times and from the pics of MV that I have seen it definately looks like it.

I actually was planning on playing a legacy after getting MV. I have a story progression mod, so no random people for me 8)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    mierpelsom wrote:
    Oh, yes, yes, yes. I waited for months to get it, just making sure I wanted to spend the money. Now I am super glad I did, it's absolutely gorgeous! The views are stunning, the houses are quaint and I am just so in love with the atmosphere.

It might not be for everyone and I admit when it comes to sims 'hoods I'm not terribly difficult to satisfy. But IMO it's prettier than any other neighborhood thus far. It's also neat that the architecture of the town is so unique but still usable. Being able to snatch public buildings of that style and put them in other town was one of the big draws for me.

If you have WA, a lot of the buildings in Champs le Sims work well in MV; you can change out the dirty yellow walls for the dirty white ones that came with MV but it's not totally necessary. I use the General Store from there as a Consignment Shop and Elixir Shop (regular consignment register on the ground floor, Elixir on second floor, and the little 3rd floor annex has an Alchemy station and Gem Cutter), and I used the Jonquil House as an early house for my Sims (I converted the shed in the back to a garage and build a basement underneath, and added a gate and a back door so my Sims could access the back yard for their garden). I pretty much left the walls the same, just changed out the roof to terra cotta.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's so weird, I just dressed my Sim up with the MV hair and that Tudor dress too! She's the only one properly ready for DV actually, my other witches just got modernised.