Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Hope that it still runs on xp

So one thing Ive thought about the sims 4. I know that windows xp is much older but Im really hoping that the sims 4 will run on xp along with the newer versions. I dont have the money for another pc right now. And I have a laptop thats a 7 but its not compatable with the sims 3 so i know 4 is definitly out. So Im really hoping that they make it so windows xp can run the sims 4 like all the others do. Otherwise I probably wont be getting the sims 4 because I cant afford a new pc.
my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3

Comments

• Options
    anjaosterman13anjaosterman13 Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2013
    wow.. you should get a new pc, to be safe at least. they will soon stop with updates for xp anyway.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited May 2013
    wow.. you should get a new pc, to be safe at least. they will soon stop with updates for xp anyway.
    Yeah by 2014, it will be obsolete.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    You don't need to get a new PC to have a more recent operating system... You can just buy a copy of Windows 7 and install it to your PC that's currently running XP for less than $100.
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Icarus wrote:
    You don't need to get a new PC to have a more recent operating system... You can just buy a copy of Windows 7 and install it to your PC that's currently running XP for less than $100.

Just check your system specs against Windows 7's specs and you'll be fine. As stated in the quote, it's pretty affordable. Might need minor upgrades possibly to ram but ram is pretty cheap these days.
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited May 2013
    Icarus wrote:
    You can get a copy from sites like newegg.com or tigerdirect.com. I would recommend Windows 7 over Windows 8, since 7 is so much better then 8.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    We have two computers that run Windows 8 while my PC runs Windows 7. Windows 8 is a huge pain and not at all suited for anything other than a tablet, in my opinion.

I imagine that TS4 will be able to run on Windows 7 and 8, and possibly Vista, but I wouldn't count on it.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2013
    So one thing Ive thought about the sims 4. I know that windows xp is much older but Im really hoping that the sims 4 will run on xp along with the newer versions. I dont have the money for another pc right now. And I have a laptop thats a 7 but its not compatable with the sims 3 so i know 4 is definitly out. So Im really hoping that they make it so windows xp can run the sims 4 like all the others do. Otherwise I probably wont be getting the sims 4 because I cant afford a new pc.
    WinXP SP3 and Office 2003 End of Life cycle is April 08, 2014. I suggest you upgrade your operating system as this has been known for a long time.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/endofsupport.aspx

I would assume that if they are working on the code now it will be done on Windows 7. Windows Vista was crap (not even businesses would upgrade to it) and Windows 8 is too new. Most companies are migrating off WinXP to Win7 and Office 2010. I would assume the same is being done at EA. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2014
    This would be terrible. I hope EA goes the same route they did with The Sims 2 and offers better specs.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited May 2014
    lovcat wrote:
    Just check your system specs against Windows 7's specs and you'll be fine. As stated in the quote, it's pretty affordable. Might need minor upgrades possibly to ram but ram is pretty cheap these days.
    Like Lovcat said.
    But check how big your harddisk is too, Windows 7 including all service packs and updates takes about 20GB, so minimum is 40 GB.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sweetie, you've bumped up another year old thread, where are you finding these? :P Curious minds want to know!
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    edited June 2014
    This would be terrible. I hope EA goes the same route they did with The Sims 2 and offers better specs.

I agree I want it to be able to use capabilities of upto date computers
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hopefully not... :? It's bad enough that it'll probably be 32-bit.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2014
    You know, XP is like 15 years old or something like that? If you can't get a new computer, I wonder if you could just pick up a vista, windows 7 or something, that would at least get you up to this decade? It's a thought anyway.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2014
    To the OP - you say you have a laptop that runs Windows 7, but is incompatible with Sims 3? I'm currently running Sims 3 with all expansions, on a laptop with Windows 7 (64-bit), and I know a few friends who are doing the same. So, not sure why TS3 isn't working on your laptop, but Sims 4 should *fingers crossed * work fine... I'm waiting on the specs myself to make sure everything will be okay...
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    Icarus wrote:
    We have two computers that run Windows 8 while my PC runs Windows 7. Windows 8 is a huge pain and not at all suited for anything other than a tablet, in my opinion.

I imagine that TS4 will be able to run on Windows 7 and 8, and possibly Vista, but I wouldn't count on it.
    I'm not certain why you would be having problems with running Windows 8 on any system, when it's just an operating system. :?
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited June 2014
    Update your operating system & also your components once you know the requirements to play TS4 :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    emiie10 wrote:
    Update your operating system & also your components once you know the requirements to play TS4 :)
    This is always the best idea, and make sure to back-up your new computer before installing Sims 4. There is also a system recovery date built into each system. You will need to set your computer's recovery date. So make sure you take an advantage of that feature too. You want to do all this before installing Sims 4 to ensure that your game will run smoothly later on down the road. The back-up's and system recovery date are fail-safe system that you the player can always fall back on. Just in case something goes wrong with your computer, and or game further on down the road. :wink: :thumbup: