Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Printed Prima Guide Pretty Please! ^_^

I know it's early days yet but I really hope that EA will release a printed Prima Guide for the Sims 4 Base Game. If they want to revert to the E-Guides later, even though I hate them with a passion, so be it. I just think that with a whole new game to learn and revamped systems to master, having an easily accessible guide would come in handy.

I know not everyone uses the printed Prima Guides but I always found them helpful and convenient. Maybe EA could package them along with the base game (at an additional cost, of course) as some kind of Limited Edition special pre-order release--that way those who wanted it could get it and those who didn't could pass.
14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sterrasimsterrasim Posts: 154 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I love the printed guides. I bought the Sims 3 base game one before I played the game. And actually the Late Night guide is what made me buy that EP.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree. I stopped buying the guides when they went all digital. I don't want to pay the same price and then have to pay to print it. I don't want to have to go to Window mode to look something up when I'm playing.
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    I much prefer digital, I hate paper clutter with a passion :lol:

OT but I'm currently doing a course where we all need to share our research with each other, but everyone bar myself and one other have all of their notes and presentations handwritten so instead of typing them up and emailing them on which would be the easiest way (not to mention most legible!) they insist on photocopying everything and now I have stacks and stacks of paper junk taking up my space. It actually pains me to look at it, I just want to dump it all.

Anyway back on topic, having the option for a digital and a physical copy would be nice for those that use them.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think being a literature major when I was in school has me hard-wired to always want a book in my hand! I also try to avoid windowing my game if possible, so for me a printed guide is ideal.
    neon_wild wrote:

You'd have an aneurysm if you saw my desk right now, then! Books, bills, magazines, bits of paper, receipts, sticky notes! :lol: I don't call it clutter--I call it "desk shabby chic." :XD:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    Darkling wrote:
    I think being a literature major when I was in school has me hard-wired to always want a book in my hand! I also try to avoid windowing my game if possible, so for me a printed guide is ideal.

That's what my kindle is for :wink: :P I do think it would be nice if they made both options available, I don't know though I have a feeling they may not :? Guides don't seem to be a big thing anymore.
    Darkling wrote:
    You'd have an aneurysm if you saw my desk right now, then! Books, bills, magazines, bits of paper, receipts, sticky notes! :lol: I don't call it clutter--I call it "desk shabby chic." :XD:

Not sticky notes!!! :shock: Ahhhh the horror :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Me too. :)
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it's in EA's power. As far as I understood, it's Prima who made the decision not to print their guides.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like the printed books. Give the digital option, but don't deny us the actual book if we want it!! There is such a thing as PRINT ON DEMAND, so they wouldn't need to lose money on printing a book!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    UtopiaUtopia Posts: 164 Member
    edited May 2013
    I bought a Sims 2 Prima Guide, which is I think the only one I ever bought, I did use it a little, and referred to it now and again for certain facts, but some facts were wrong because the game had changed a little after it was written. I remember going to bed at night to read my guide which I'm sure I had before my Sims 2 pre-order arrived. I'm not sure if I'd buy one now, it would depend on the price, I expect the game to cost quite a bit though so I'll probably just muddle my way through.
    Mysticalmaid
    <3 Tweet me @samwitts2 <3
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    I liked the large printed guides, not those little 5x7 type ones that started with Latenight. I simply could not read them, the type was so small. I had considered them part of the collection, but after LN, I no longer bought them. I hope they go back to the old way, so us bad eyed people can get them too.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited May 2013
    Shoot me, but I prefer the printed manual too. They actually did a large printed manual for Simcity (unofficially Simcity 5). I was very surprised.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    neon_wild wrote:

OT but I'm currently doing a course where we all need to share our research with each other, but everyone bar myself and one other have all of their notes and presentations handwritten so instead of typing them up and emailing them on which would be the easiest way (not to mention most legible!) they insist on photocopying everything and now I have stacks and stacks of paper junk taking up my space. It actually pains me to look at it, I just want to dump it all.

Anyway back on topic, having the option for a digital and a physical copy would be nice for those that use them.

You don't want to see my home office, then. It would send you running screaming into the night. :)
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed :D I hate the digital ones because if you only have one computer, you would have to open the guide WHILE playing the game and then keep minimizing the game every time you need to look at the guide and thats a pain :roll: Even if you have two+ computers, you would have to keep running to and fro computers and the printed ones are much easier :wink:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice to get a Game Manual, they could at least do it for the Base Game.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,551 Member
    edited May 2013
    I had the TS2 Prima guides and a few from TS3, but I stopped buying them and started using the money for Store Content.

I did wear my TS2 prima guides out. They came in handy, especially University since I was always looking up the major requirements.

I've started collecting Web guides and pasting them in MS Word. I can view them on my tablet. I've also saved SimVip's guides in PDF, but have yet to try them out on my tablet.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    dr_halowaxdr_halowax Posts: 27 Member
    edited May 2013
    if you want a game guide go to the SimsVip. without a doubt they are better than primas. I can remeber correctly I think alexis of SimsVip was supposed to actually write the SN prima guide.
  • Options
    Checksky3Checksky3 Posts: 906 Member
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree, this is the reason I havent bought any guides, I only have the base game guide. its always nice to read things quickly and easily when playing the game. I always loved to read it late at night in bed like a novel. I hate reading things on the computer it hurts my eyes, not to mention that it will ruin your eye sight as well. I really dont like this whole digital thing everyone is leaning towards, I would rather have a physical thing of anything I buy. Plus why charge the same amount if you dont have to create the physical book, this is the thing that really bothers me the most and proves that companies are cheating people. Did you also know that it costs money for internet usage to download things, so for example if u buy a 2gb game it will cost you at least 2 extra dollars. Its all a big rip off if u ask me and id prefer not to support buying digital.
    Origin ID: CuddlesKatie
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited May 2013
    I still have all my Sim 1 guides, so this is a big thumb up for me.
  • Options
    GossipCutieGossipCutie Posts: 448 New Member
    edited June 2014
    there is one!