Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Is an iPad game, Read All About It?

I'm sure many have already seen the leaked UI pics over at SimsVIP and supposedly unrelated pics of the Sims interacting. Which SimsVIP claims have nothing to do with the UI.

Well, now read what has been out there since 2012, if you missed it.

http://www.macorg.net/sims-4-release-date/

ETA: If it's not really an iPad game and or being released in 2014 why did SimsVIP hold on to the pics of the supposedly UI and some old pics they had? and release them this month? Makes you say..hmmm.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    *sigh* Not that article again...

Not only does that site give no sources of where they got the information from whatsoever, but the logo and description below the logo was stolen from an April Fools joke SimsVIP did last year.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

Not only does that site give no sources of where they got the information from whatsoever, but the logo and description below the logo was stolen from an April Fools joke SimsVIP did last year.

Yeah, but if it's fake why is SimsVIP pumping out pics that do much favor an iPAD application? And why now? Are they in league with spreading rumors that just aren't true?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    dje2001dje2001 Posts: 1,202 Member
    edited April 2013
    I dunno this article looks a little shady to me.. Seriously though why would ea work for 5 years (or so the article says) on an IPad? But I dunno about all this stuffso I'm not sure if the IPad could handle this kinds of stuff. All I'm pretty certain about is that TS4 will not be on the iPad.
    Hii, I guess. I'm pretty cool if you ask me. >w> BTW, call me Bean. Hah

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

Yeah, but if it's fake why is SimsVIP pumping out pics that do much favor an iPAD application? And why now? Are they in league with spreading rumors that just aren't true?

Seriously, it could be true. That first image right at the top the man himself said it was sims 4. Why would he lie on what looks to a CV type thing?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dje2001 wrote:
    I dunno this article looks a little shady to me.. Seriously though why would ea work for 5 years (or so the article says) on an IPad? But I dunno about all this stuffso I'm not sure if the IPad could handle this kinds of stuff. All I'm pretty certain about is that TS4 will not be on the iPad.

Because EA is moving away from PC/MACs. They do believe new players want to play their games anywhere from any device.

If you haven't looked at SimsVIP's article (a trusted blog site) then check out the pics of the UI supposedly for TS4. Which they state they have held onto the pics following that picture for a looong time.

Why? And why now release them? If you know anything about other devices you can see it does look more intune with console, or iPAD game. Even though SimsVIP swears the pictures of the Sims themselves in the frames have nothing at all to do with the pic of the work up of the UI in beta, why would they even bother to add the extra pictures?

I don't care the box art was borrowed from an April fool's joke, what I do care is why SimsVIP is leaking this info now right before the E3 in June when articles have been out there about TS4 not being for PC for 2 years now.

ETA: And I suspect though people will call it The Sims 4 it will not be labled as such. Just like Sim City isn't labled Sim City 5.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    Did you read the article?

"Here’s what Head of The Sims Studio, Rod Humble, said:

“In The Sims 4, Sims can go beyond the boundaries of their neighborhood, and immerse themselves in an open subhood, interacting with other Sims using our new deeper personality system. It is this type of open-ended gameplay that inspires endless creative possibilities. In addition the new goals and rewards systems will give players of all kinds from core gamers to storytellers the ability to enjoy long-term gameplay”."

First of all, Rod Humble is not even in EA anymore. He's part of Second Life team. He has no affiliation with current Sims Studios team nor Maxis nor EA. He does not work on Sims.

Whoever wrote that article just wanted to fool you. :?

Also, they used SimsVIP's April Fool's montage. If they were ANY legit, they wouldn't use false information, not even to fill up the article. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    dje2001 wrote:

Because EA is moving away from PC/MACs. They do believe new players want to play their games anywhere from any device.

If you haven't looked at SimsVIP's article (a trusted blog site) then check out the pics of the UI supposedly for TS4. Which they state they have held onto the pics following that picture for a looong time.

Why? And why now release them? If you know anything about other devices you can see it does look more intune with console, or iPAD game. Even though SimsVIP swears the pictures of the Sims themselves in the frames have nothing at all to do with the pic of the work up of the UI in beta, why would they even bother to add the extra pictures?

I don't care the box art was borrowed from an April fool's joke, what I do care is why SimsVIP is leaking this info now right before the E3 in June when articles have been out there about TS4 not being for PC for 2 years now.

*sighs* 8 months is a long time? August 2012. Not that long ago. I'm sure they had their reasons for sitting on them. They're not obliged to share those reasons.

The graphics don't matter. It's a mock up. It's the UI that's important.

Why are we basically slandering somebody with no proof?

ETA: Go here

http://simsvip.com/2012/04/01/the-sims-4-press-release-origin-listing-leak/
  • Options
    dje2001dje2001 Posts: 1,202 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh and didn't Blizzard make Diablo? It said EA made it in the beginning of the article (not that that has anything to do with it)
    Hii, I guess. I'm pretty cool if you ask me. >w> BTW, call me Bean. Hah

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Also, http://simsvip.com/2012/04/01/the-sims-4-press-release-origin-listing-leak/#more-9058

It's SimsVIP article copy-pasted onto a site.

Let's just move on now :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Urosh, the article I linked was written in 2012. And the statements by Ron H. are earlier remarks.

I'm not slandering SimsVIP. What they have felled to answer is why release them now? Why not months ago, a year ago, why hold on to important info from a game developer's website?

No, they don't have to release everything they know. However, most of us really do trust them to supply us with tidbits of info that turns out to be true. Almost always.

The UI is the question, you all are right..but this article is just helping giving weight to, yes, it is an iPad game. Everyone looking at the UI is starting to see it is for an iPad. This article is only stating what we now see with our eyes and no longer just a rumor.

ETA: Read between the lines if you will. Yes, the article I linked is word for word the SimsVIP April Fool's joke. That is all true. However, this article says does one thing differently, it states Sims 4 is an iPad game. The SimsVIP has a picture from a game developer of a UI which is remarkably favoring the workup of an iPad game.

Now, either they both like play games and SimsVIP did evenutally post their stuff was an April Fool's joke, but now they both have something different from an APril Fool's write up. "iPad" in the copied article which isn't in SimsVIP joke posting, and a picture of an iPad game UI.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    But you are basing this thread and posts on an article that SimsVIP wrote in 2012 to fool users. They create that logo and this image:
    Sims-4.png

Every single word in that article is made up randomly for April Fools'. It has 0% legitimacy. It can't even be considered a rumor. It's randomness, that's all.

As for why they didn't share it yet. Only they know. Maybe they first wanted to contact EA or wanted to check how legitimate it is, or wanted to wait for the right time.

They recently had a tough time keeping servers up due to overloads when site anniversary happened so there's that.

I doubt they even thought of E3 when they posted this to be honest. This week was slow with Sims news and then boom - SimsVIP shares this.

Timing is everything. 8-)

P.S - Rod Humble never commented on The Sims 4, nobody has even officially mentioned it, especially not him (and thank God he didn't. That man ruined Sims 3).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Urosh, the article I linked was written in 2012. And the statements by Ron H. are earlier remarks.

I'm not slandering SimsVIP. What they have felled to answer is why release them now? Why not months ago, a year ago, why hold on to important info from a game developer's website?

No, they don't have to release everything they know. However, most of us really do trust them to supply us with tidbits of info that turns out to be true. Almost always.

The UI is the question, you all are right..but this article is just helping giving weight to, yes, it is an iPad game. Everyone looking at the UI is starting to see it is for an iPad. This article is only stating what we now see with our eyes and no longer just a rumor.

It adds weight to nothing except that somebody can copy and paste really well. That's a whole copy and paste from an april fools joke on Simsvip, and yes, you are slandering her.

You're accusing her of telling lies, with an article that is constructed with things from her own site. That's slander, but believe what you want to believe. Fine, it's an ipad game. Patrick Kelly who labelled it The Sims 4 (olympus) is a liar too. He just doesn't have the guts to say so. :roll:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Arletta,

I'm sorry not calling anyone liars. I'm reading between the lines. Skip the details and look at the word 'ipad game'..and then look at SimsVIP's picture of the UI...ipad..

Yes, I know the link is copy/pasted word for word..but even SimsVIP never said in their Fool's day joke it was an ipad game. And now they post a real picture of a game that does look much like an ipad game.

Perhaps I should learn how to use italics on this site so it would have been clearer..weight to the ipad theory so many other gamers are seeing in the UI.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    dje2001 wrote:

ETA: And I suspect though people will call it The Sims 4 it will not be labled as such. Just like Sim City isn't labled Sim City 5.
    blech, i dont wanna be on my ipad, the graphics wouldnt be the same. i dont even think the ipad has that capibility. and with apps for eps.. they wouldnt even make that much money..
    plus i dont want to overload my ipad with JUST the sims..
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    One of the screenshots shows a cursor though. If it was an iPad game I'm not sure it would need them.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    EA would never give up PC games for iPad games.

They usually give their iOS/Android games for free or for less than $10. EA is in for the money, not online (they perceive online as good money, but they're not that stupid).

PC games $40-$60, mobile platform - free-$9.99.

Also, EA craves to destroy graphic cards with outstanding visuals for all their games (Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, Mass Effect 3 etc.. even Sims 3 for its time).

If you said they'd give up PC games for consoles, I'd consider it, but saying that a massive game company will stop developing a highest selling franchise in history of PC gaming in favor of iOS/Android games... I just have to cringe :P :lol:
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Arletta,

I'm sorry not calling anyone liars. I'm reading between the lines. Skip the details and look at the word 'ipad game'..and then look at SimsVIP's picture of the UI...ipad..

Yes, I know the link is copy/pasted word for word..but even SimsVIP never said in their Fool's day joke it was an ipad game. And now they post a real picture of a game that does look much like an ipad game.

Perhaps I should learn how to use italics on this site so it would have been clearer..weight to the ipad theory so many other gamers are seeing in the UI.

Sure, the UI looks like it *could* be suitable as an iPad game, but there is zero evidence that it will be an iPad game beside the article that has been debunked. Even in the unlikely event it is an iPad game, it's probably a coincidence from the article.

This early screenshot of TS3 could have also fit as an iPad game:
    create-a-sims-3-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu, I found this one:
    Sims3evil.jpg

Same level of ugly :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Bosslaydee,

I will try to find you some quotes from upper crusty EA to prove this point. (EA wanting to be connected 24/7).

Also while I'm OT, here is an article from Peter Moore with many ways EA can improve..but ending microtransactions and 'free to play' games isn't one of them, even though EA is bombarded with complaints about those for whatever reasons.

Scroll down to where he toots the horn of EA about free to play games and how thousands of other gamers prove those who hate them wrong... :x

http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

ETA: Also, notice where he states EA stands tall and 'unbowed' so it doesn't matter what fans want..there are tens of millions more that will pay..forget those who don't want TS4 to be iPad or micro-transactions, or free to play or whatever it might really be...EA is 'unbowed' by all the hype and gripe. Read deeply what he is saying..they could improve..but their numbers in sales is proving they don't have to.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Arletta,

It could be cross platform. It's what EA's aiming at, cross platform. One of their sports games does it already. I wish I could remember what one, but for the life of me, I can't. There again it could be what we've been lead to believe it is and ppl are doing what ppl do best, overthinking.

The 'article' is junk. It's largely a copy and paste from a site that clearly states that it was an April Fool's joke. It also says EA owns a blizzard game. I'd definately believe it, being such a reliable source and all.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2013
    There have been The Sims for several platforms. Just because they make a The Sims 4 for the iPad, then it doesn't mean they won't make a PC version. The Sims 1 was also on Playstation. The Sims 2 were on several consoles, I think there was a mobile game too. The same with The Sims 3. As long as they keep The Sims 4 (PC/MAC) different and seperate from the other platforms, I'll be a little less anxious of how it will be.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Could be a cross over, makes sense. However, the blue plumbbobs hints to me that it is an online game, MMO type, and you are the green and a friend is the blue.

iPads wouldn't be able to store a game would they? not as big as a Sims game. And it would make sense online only, for iPads, too.

That would incompass everyone, wouldn't it? I mean PCs, MACs, smartphones, iPhones, and iPads..not sure about playstations, and other consoles though.

If it's on EA's server, then I can see how it would be for iPads. But then again, maybe for everyone..that is willing to play online only.

After all..in Peter's article..he makes no appolgies for SC being online only..but proving millions are playing..regardless of how others feel. :x

ETA: and if you believe all the hype these days that PC games are ending, and the new wave is the iPad or something similar..then it would be right up EA's alley to go that route. For a company that won't even consider retail sales (DVDs) in it's marketing strategy of which way to go..continue with Dvds or online only..it looks to me like they probably aren't listening to some of us that hate that sort of thing. If they dont' even figure in DVD sales..they said they were irrevalent in todays market...I fear TS4 is not at all the game or genre, or they type of game or will even be produced for PC, now.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Could be a cross over, makes sense. However, the blue plumbbobs hints to me that it is an online game, MMO type, and you are the green and a friend is the blue.

iPads wouldn't be able to store a game would they? not as big as a Sims game. And it would make sense online only, for iPads, too.

That would incompass everyone, wouldn't it? I mean PCs, MACs, smartphones, iPhones, and iPads..not sure about playstations, and other consoles though.

If it's on EA's server, then I can see how it would be for iPads. But then again, maybe for everyone..that is willing to play online only.

After all..in Peter's article..he makes no appolgies for SC being online only..but proving millions are playing..regardless of how others feel. :x

ETA: and if you believe all the hype these days that PC games are ending, and the new wave is the iPad or something similar..then it would be right up EA's alley to go that route. For a company that won't even consider retail sales (DVDs) in it's marketing strategy of which way to go..continue with Dvds or online only..it looks to me like they probably aren't listening to some of us that hate that sort of thing. If they dont' even figure in DVD sales..they said they were irrevalent in todays market...I fear TS4 is not at all the game or genre, or they type of game or will even be produced for PC, now.

Depends on the size of the game. If they only had some features available on ipad/mobile then yes, it's feasible that it could be cross platform. I don't really believe that they would make it mobile only. It can still be online and be on PC.

EA have proven time and time over that they care much less for our opinions and more for our money. They're not going to apologise for the fact that we've proven time and time over that we're silly enough to ignore the problems and buy anyway. (TS3, SC5)

We have a thread every other week with somebody asking for online play, mostly local network than the whole internet but who's counting. These forums are the tip of the iceburg. If ppl are willing to come onto the forums to ask, then think of the thousands of players who are sat there wanting online but not coming to ask.

Even those adverse to an always online game will tolerate it for a game they'd like, as SC5 has proved. EA are going to ignore the vocal minority when it's proved we'll buy anyway. They're not going to make an apology for taking advantage of that. I would take advantage of that if I were them.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited April 2013
    Even those adverse to an always online game will tolerate it for a game they'd like, as SC5 has proved. EA are going to ignore the vocal minority when it's proved we'll buy anyway. They're not going to make an apology for taking advantage of that. I would take advantage of that if I were them.[/quote]

No I actually I wouldn't. :? I tolerate the stuff we have now because I can turn it off and I DON'T have to interact with other players. After all that's why I didn't buy sims city 5. I am also 98% certain I won't be buying sims 4 either especially if it keeps going the way it seems too. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited April 2013

sorry not sure why it did that
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif