Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My thoughts about a farming ep

If we do get a farming ep, I'd like to see farm animals discounted from the household in the same way that minor pets were. This would mean that we wouldn't be able to play as farm animals like we can with pets, but frankly I feel like I'm having to pay more attention to my dog than my sims and that's just for basic needs like keeping him fed and out of trouble. Not to mention that cows and sheep aren't family pets, they're bred as working/producing animals, although letting them outside to graze and get some exercise wouldn't be such a bad idea ;)

I also didn't like how having a pet would cut into the 8 sim limit, even though pet portraits were set in a different row than sims. This was one of the major reasons that I didn't get pets right away, in fact for a time I didn't think I was going to get it at all :?

In terms of making sure there's a cap on the number of animals, I propose a barn/stall system sort of like harvest moon where you needed to have one unit/feed trough for each animal you intend to keep in the barn, although because of the building freedom we get in the sims, we have the freedom to place stalls like the one we got for horses in pets, then build the barn around that.