Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you ask your boyfriend/girlfriend to be your roommate?

I've seen the interaction to ask a sim to be your roommate before, I just never used it.

But now I want my sims girlfriend to live with him as his roommate, but the option never comes up. Is this because they're in a relationship or do I have to perform more friendly interactions before the option comes up?

And another question, can you get your roommate pregnant? And if so, what happens to the baby?
tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited March 2013
    Anyone?
  • Options
    BlueJWestD85BlueJWestD85 Posts: 190
    edited March 2013
    Feather91 wrote:
    I've seen the interaction to ask a sim to be your roommate before, I just never used it.

But now I want my sims girlfriend to live with him as his roommate, but the option never comes up. Is this because they're in a relationship or do I have to perform more friendly interactions before the option comes up?

And another question, can you get your roommate pregnant? And if so, what happens to the baby?
    yeah about that I have some troubles myself sometimes I never get the option so I just go to edit town and move the sim I want in my house manualy for there. As far as the baby thing goes the kid is going to be yours no matter if ur married or not if u don't want it or ur wife just kick them down the road "so wrong"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If I move her in through edit town, she would actually live with him. She wouldn't be his roommate. But thanks for your answer anyway :wink:
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    That's a great question! I am sorry I can't be of any help because I've never tried. I'm bookmarking the thread so hopefully someone knows :)
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I hate bumping this again, but...still no answer?? Anyone?
  • Options
    blueberry1004blueberry1004 Posts: 108
    edited March 2013
    I'm not too sure, but I don't see why them being a relationship would stop them from being roommates. Maybe try doing lots of friendly interactions (kinda like you have to do before asking someone to move in). I just asked a Sim to be my roommate (they are not in a relationship), but they are friends and I made them do a bunch of friendly interactions first.

Hope it works out!

EDIT: Just found this on a site. I hope it helps.

"Roommates can be any sim Young Adult or older who has no strong family ties. That basically means any unmarried sim. If a sim is married, the Roommate option doesn't appear to ever show up. If they aren't, it should show up much like "ask to move in" on any sim you're friends with. The higher your relationship, the more likely it'll show up. You might have to do friendly interactions first. The interaction is titled "Ask to be roommate"."
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm not too sure, but I don't see why them being a relationship would stop them from being roommates. Maybe try doing lots of friendly interactions (kinda like you have to do before asking someone to move in). I just asked a Sim to be my roommate (they are not in a relationship), but they are friends and I made them do a bunch of friendly interactions first.

Hope it works out!

EDIT: Just found this on a site. I hope it helps.

"Roommates can be any sim Young Adult or older who has no strong family ties. That basically means any unmarried sim. If a sim is married, the Roommate option doesn't appear to ever show up. If they aren't, it should show up much like "ask to move in" on any sim you're friends with. The higher your relationship, the more likely it'll show up. You might have to do friendly interactions first. The interaction is titled "Ask to be roommate"."

I've seen the interaction before my sims weren't romantically involved yet, so I know it's possible. I'll try loads of friendly interactions then. Thanks for helping :wink:

And if it doesn't work I'll just break them up and mend things again after I've asked her to be my roommate :lol:
  • Options
    Fearreality4meFearreality4me Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Ok, so now my sims roomie is his Girlfriend, an he's just gotten her preggers.
    Gonna test this out :) I really wanna see if when the Babies born weather it'll be an NPC roomie like her or if it'll join the house hold properly.

EDIT: It's mine!! She had the baby at home while my sim was at work, I wasn't able to name it, or pick traits but it's a member of my household while she's still a roommate NPC. Hope that helps.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I believe Patch 1.55 did state that now you can ask romantic interests to be your roommates.

As for the pregnancy, I happen to know a bit about this. My sim had a roommate, there was nothing romantic between them, but she got pregnant at a party by one of the partygoers.

The pregnancy progressed and like you, I was wondering what would happen. Would the child be a roommate too? Well, when she gave birth, I immediately gained control of the baby. It was both convienent and inconvienent at the same time. Inconvienent because I had a baby to look after that had no ties with my sim, convienent because it gave me another sim to play!

So that's your answer. If he gets her pregnant as his roommate, you should gain control of the child. The only way this wouldn't happen is if they changed this in patch 1.55. I was patch 1.5 when this happened, I didn't see anything on it in the patch notes though.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for bumping the thread and letting me know! I still haven't tried it myself, so now that I know what happens I'm going to give it a try! :mrgreen: