The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you get boys or girls by eating different foods in Sims 3?

I tried searching for this info cause I know it must have been answered many times but I thought if female sims ate apples when pregnant they'd have boys and watermelon would bring girls...or was that just in sims 2?

Is there a different way to pick the sex of your children in Sims 3?

I have a couple that want a girl and they've had three sons in a row and they don't really want to make a baseball team.

Comments

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited February 2013
    watermelon-girl
    apple- boy
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2013
    I bet she made pancakes and had a bunch of apples in her inventory so she was getting all those apples in her diet and they were overriding the watermelons and she didn't even know it.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited February 2013
    Now that you mention it, that happened to one of my sims. Now if I want a girl they are not allowed to eat any pancakes just in case!
  • Options
    geeterrorgeeterror Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Yeap what the others said.

Watermelons for girls and apples for boys.

But I /believe/ I read somewhere that once you get to a certain point in the medical career you can choose? I could be totally off by this, but I remember reading something about that.

• Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited February 2013
    If you have someone in the medical career who is level 5 or higher you could ask that person the gender of the baby, but your sim has to be past the nausea stage.

As far as the food thing goes, I believe it's three watermelons for a girl and three apples for a boy. The higher the quality of the fruit might help too.

I hope this helps.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    AlexielAlexiel Posts: 13 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I also use watermelons and apples, but it doesn't work 100% of the time, it just increases the chances.
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your best bet is to eat the watermelons or apples three of them in a row. Sometimes if your sim is full they will stop eating, you have to make sure they eat them in a row.
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited February 2013
    I actually make my Sim eat 4 of the fruit I want, depending on the gender of the baby I want, once my Sim starts showing her pregnancy. That makes me feel more secure about the gender of the baby at birth and going out to eat and such while pregnant. Still, watch out for them pancakes :lol:
  • Options
    GilbertoFishGilbertoFish Posts: 516 Member
    edited February 2013
    It probably wasn't from pancakes because I thought EA removed the feature that influenced gender by eating fruit already cooked into food.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited February 2013
    Also, after you've tried the fruit thing, just be sure to save shortly before the expectant mommy goes into labor: that way, if the baby is the opposite gender from what you want, you can just quit without saving and try again! (If only that worked in real life!)

But, yes, as others have said: watermelons for girls, apples for boys. I usually feed my pregnant lady nothing but the fruit of choice for the duration of her pregnancy, just to be sure. Except when she's craving something in particular, in which case I make sure that any pancakes she's craving are made with either unrelated fruits (grapes, limes, cherries, etc) or the fruit of choice.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    I've ready lots of different posts regarding this feature. I've also read that it no longer works. Not sure what's true and what isn't. If you have Twallan's Master Controller, you can choose the gender of the baby or skew the odds of a particular gender one way or the other.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,984 Member
    edited February 2013
    I always have my Sim mom-to-be run out to the store right after I get the she's pregnant chime. I buy nine of the desired fruit, depending on the sex I insist upon. LOL. Hey, I created the family for the trilogy I wrote, and facts are facts. :P Having the wrong sex child in the wrong order will not do. (I swear, I'm not crazy)I have Sim mom-to-be eat three of these fruits a day right up to the birth. Works like a charm. I also make sure she stays away from pancakes, (since oftentimes my Simmies cook them with fruit, most likely the wrong fruit, too.)

As far as the Sims2 food cheats, these were mostly myths. I know, I tried those, too. I think, if memory serves, spaghetti was one of the foods. Just can't remember which sex it was said to produce. Whatever it was, it NEVER worked in my game. LOL

But as others in this thread have stated, Watermelon= girls; Apples= boys. :lol:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have my sim eat only the fruit during her pregnancy. So my sim ended up eating 12 watermelons and still got a boy.

Doesnt always work but usually does.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,984 Member
    edited February 2013
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I've ready lots of different posts regarding this feature. I've also read that it no longer works. Not sure what's true and what isn't. If you have Twallan's Master Controller, you can choose the gender of the baby or skew the odds of a particular gender one way or the other.

I have heard that it no longer works, too. Funny, though I guess my game didn't get the memo, lol, because I've used it as recently as a couple of days ago and I got the gender I was striving for, twice, in fact. Baby number three is a girl, and she had a little brother after that, which is how I orchestrated it. :-D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/