The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your least favorite expansion pack and why?

I was very excited for ShowTime but then I completed all the new professions to level 10 and did some simport and kind of got bored of it and now I do not use it at all.

What about you? Which expansion pack do you like the least?

Comments

• Options
    WernardoWernardo Posts: 824 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Generations. No new town, no new major gameplay, just a bunch of new objects. (Imo)
  • Options
    DustBinFairyDustBinFairy Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wernardo wrote:
    Generations. No new town, no new major gameplay, just a bunch of new objects. (Imo)

I second that, the most pointless expansion pack ever.
  • Options
    182Tess182Tess Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2013
    Late night. Much more pain then it was worth.

Horrible 50% occult ratio.
    Horrible celebrity system.
    Horrible red-velvet-ropes making huge clogging lines into venues.

Whilst that was very negative, I used Story Progression to tally down the number of vampires and EA did come through with an option to turn off the celebrity system.
    I did like a lot of the build/buy/CAS content in the pack - the only reason it stayed installed.
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited February 2013
    World Adventures because it made my Sim's mom fall in love with him.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2013

I have all EPs through Pets, least favorite is Generations. It has no new town, most of the clothes for adults are not very attractive, the prom is disappointing (should have allowed us to play it rather than being a rabbit hole experience), the romantic reputation system is broken, pranks are irritating, midlife crisis and teenagers waking up in a bad mood are annoying and not much fun, etc.

• Options
    1445614456 Posts: 349 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I definitely think World Adventures - takes up too much space - how do you uninstall expansions!!!!!!
  • Options
    anajessiaanajessia Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2013
    Even though I don't have it, my least favourite would be Pets, plus I haven't really heard anything good about it, though besides that would probably be Showtime. I don't dislike Showtime, but I bought it only for the singer career.

I actually love Generations, because it adds more depth, yes it didn't come with a new town, but remember each town that comes with an expansion pack has a backstory to go with the theme, so a Generations town would be kinda pointless, it would just be about big families and their problems. I know that you don't have to like a certain EP but I was just pointing that out.
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited February 2013
    My least favorite EP is Late Nite. The town is pretty to look at but hard to live in. I don't like all the time it takes to get on and off the elevators especially when a bunch of sims are hanging around. I don't like the empty bars/clubs/lounges. Again, they are nice to look at but it's no fun if your sim is the only sim there. I don't like that there aren't very many homes for families. The high rises are nice, but, if you want to live in a home you have to live way on the outskirts of town and I don't really like the pre-built homes in Bridgeport so I have to place a house and it's not alot of space to do that. Plus, living that far out takes forever to get somewhere. Initially, I didn't like the vampire thing, but, I have gotten used to it. The celebrity system is a pain in the *****. And finally I didn't have lag or need mods until after I installed Late Nite.

So, yea, Late Nite is my least favorite EP.
  • Options
    1445614456 Posts: 349 New Member
    edited February 2013
    anajessia wrote:
    Even though I don't have it, my least favourite would be Pets, plus I haven't really heard anything good about it, though besides that would probably be Showtime. I don't dislike Showtime, but I bought it only for the singer career.

I actually love Generations, because it adds more depth, yes it didn't come with a new town, but remember each town that comes with an expansion pack has a backstory to go with the theme, so a Generations town would be kinda pointless, it would just be about big families and their problems. I know that you don't have to like a certain EP but I was just pointing that out.

I agree!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd have a hard time choosing between Generations and Showtime.....but I do like the town and the items in ST so I suppose my vote would be Generations.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited February 2013
    14456 wrote:
    I definitely think World Adventures - takes up too much space - how do you uninstall expansions!!!!!!

You should be able to through your control panel on your computer, under that it should say uninstall a program.
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't have a least favorite, there all my favorites :mrgreen::mrgreen:OPTIMISM! :mrgreen::mrgreen: All expansions are excellent to me :wink:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    edited February 2013
    Definitely World Adventures. Those ugly outfits that kept appearing on all my town Sims. The constant opportunities that would pop up to visit a world, taking the place of possibly worthwhile opportunities. The glitchy travel system. The fact that you could only play the adventures once and then you were done for the whole family. After completing the adventures, I uninstalled it and haven't missed it.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm too busy making the best of what I have to tsk tsk any EP. :D
    Each one has something that contributes to my game and I wouldn't uninstall any.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    werepoetwerepoet Posts: 516 Member
    edited February 2013
    Showtime. Hands down. The items and outfits were ridiculous. The careers got REALLY repetative. Plus it was so glitchy that it broke my game. I uninstalled it and I don't miss it at all.

Second most disliked would be Late Night. I only keep it installed for the Film Career.

For the most part there is something that I like about all the other expansions. Surprisingly, one of my favorites is World Adventures. I find it provides a nice break from routine. And I like the stuff Generations added to family life.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't uninstall anything, but so far my least favorite was Showtime. I worked really hard to complete the careers when it first came out and I played around a bit in Starlight Shores, but it quickly lost it's novelty. Now most of the Showtime content I use is the stage decor, and it's used for regular decor. :wink: I also hated the constant comments that popped up from other simmers if I was signed in. Not that I don't like friends, just... not when I'm balancing a houseful of sims and pets.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited February 2013
    Probably World Adventures. It was fun for a little while due to the novelty factor but it gets repetitive really fast. I only have it installed now for the photography skill but I'm still considering uninstalling it altogether for now because nothing else in it is really used.

I also didn't like pets too much, mainly because I have the no fluff issue so it takes away from the experience big time. I don't want horses and have never used them, I'm not really into any of the smaller pets because I can't be bothered to keep up with them and feed them, I don't like the world that came with it and I never really use any of the venues that came with it either. I only have pets still installed for the cats because I love cats even if my no fluff issue means I can only have certain ones. But I'm currently debating whether to also uninstall it to see if I can have a better running game :?

Generations was also pretty lame, yea it had some important stuff (that should have been there from the start!!) but overall it was very lacking in my opinion. Things like prom and graduation were very disappointing seeing as it's just more rabbithole stuff. I wouldn't uninstall it but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

If I could just keep the photography skill in WA and the cats in pets I'd uninstall them right now :P Actually could anyone tell me, if I did decide to uninstall pets and WA-if I saved my current family along with their house to the bin would I be able to place them into a new save without any problems or would they be lost forever because they were created when I had both of these EPs installed?
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,310 Member
    edited February 2013
    Generations was basically a lot of stuff that should of been in the base game, but for the 5 bucks I paid it was definitely worth it.

I only paid 10 for Showtime, since I got it digital download and it was the last EP I didn't have, so I figured why not. I haven't used the content much and haven't even tried the professions, but I'm sure it will be worth at least what I paid, and some of the clothes and hairstyles are cute.

WA was fine. It got old pretty quickly, but I like it enough. I like collecting, so it added some nice stuff.

I really like all of the other EPs, so I wouldn't say I have a least favorite. If I had to choose, I think it would probably be Showtime, simply because I wasn't particularly excited for that one, and I haven't really used the content much.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    Generations. There's a lot of things that get me p.o.'d such as when the school bus gets stuck so the teenagers are late for school. This happened in my game last night. All four teenagers were scolded by their parents, one by one. I hate it that the game developers made sure that I cannot cancel the interactions out of their queues. Wish I could. It's almost never their fault. I do like the school dances and the pranks, though.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    jessyxdavidsonjessyxdavidson Posts: 896 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would have to say my top three least favorite packs would be World Adventures, because at first, the little missions are cool. But after like three, they get boring; Ambitions, because I just don't like going around with my sim to work. I'd rather they go to work and I fast-forward to when they get off; and Supernatural, because I'm not really fan of supernatural sims. I would uninstall them, but I love Supernatural's content and there are some good content in the other two too like the cameras and treasure chests in WA and the picture frames that can be used as slideshows on your wall with Amb.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wernardo wrote:

I don't understand this. I respect both of your opinions, but it amazes me that anyone could say anything other then showtime! :P Also, I do love generations, I felt it added so much to everyday life.

However, showtime, grrrr.....I hate it. And as I've said a MILLION times before, the only reason it's even still installed is because I love genies. I am actually annoyed they didn't put genies in any other pack so I could uninstall showtime. I would actually pay for a genie download from the store, just so I could uninstall showtime THAT, is how much I hate it.

Anything that could be construed as interesting from that pack, could have been added somewhere else and spared us all the waste of space. Not to mention that simport was the nightmare I expected, leaving other simmers crap in my game. The game insists you simport to unlock all of the goods (without a mod) AND you can not get into build or buy mode while your sim is out or someone else's sim is in. Obnoxious!
  • Options
    katwoman524katwoman524 Posts: 1,109 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm so surprised that so many people dislike generations! I love that EP and what it added to the game.

I really wouldn't say I dislike any EP, because like CK said all of the EPs add more depth to my game. I wouldn't remove any of them.

I suppose if I -had- to I could live without Showtime. I didn't want it for the longest time but finally ordered it so I could install some custom worlds that required it. I'm enjoying what it added, but wouldn't miss it horribly if I didn't have it anymore. Super stoked that I can play some of these worlds now, though! 8)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have uninstalled Pets and ST. With Pets, I had recently re-installed it because I was missing horses so much. After it was in my game, I had a horrible glitch where any sim coming close to horses made them, what I call stutter, which is a pia. So Pets came out, again.

ST was never one of my favorites, SS was always laggy and I just wasn't into the careers as much as say, Ambitions which ranks up there among my favorites. Genies were cute, for awhile, but not cute enough to reinstall.

Oh and uninstalled Generations. I just can't run all the eps and have Seasons, Uni and eventually IP...makes for one big laggy mess. I salute anyone who can runn all without problems and wish I had your machine. :lol:

Plus I recently viewed some videos on SimCity beta gameplay and I really can't wait for this to come out too. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited February 2013
    World Adventures - just because I'm too scared to send my Sims anywhere (will it glitch out my game?) and cooking opportunities make me go to a different country and spend 5 real-time minutes on getting a crepes recipe :roll:
  • Options
    FirlowFirlow Posts: 419 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Wernardo wrote:

I don't. I love it. Maybe because I am family oriented?!