Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GLITCH: Can't go down to the ground floor

I've been building lately and I've noticed a new glitch. I can't go down to the ground floor. I can switch between levels, but I can never go down to the lowest floor. It's like it's stuck on the second floor and can't go down to the first floor. It doesn't matter if I use the buttons in game or the pgup and pgdn buttons on my keyboard.

Does anybody know how this can be fixed? Because I would like to be able to continue my build.

BTW, my English isn't perfect. If you don't get what I mean exactly, please tell me so I can explain with pics :wink:

EDIT:
I've saved a copy to the library and continued with the copy, I had the same problem. I also restarted the game, which didn't solve the problem either.
tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited January 2013
    Maybe you should save and quit then reload the game to see if the glitch has cleared.

I had a glitch in build mode the other day where for some reason I could not place anything outside the actual house. Inside the house i could but not outside. weird. So i saved quit and restarted, and it cleared the problem.

Its a good idea to save a copy of your build to the library a couple of times while building so that if anything disastrous goes wrong, you can at least go back to an earlier version of it.
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited January 2013
    Maybe you should save and quit then reload the game to see if the glitch has cleared.

I had a glitch in build mode the other day where for some reason I could not place anything outside the actual house. Inside the house i could but not outside. weird. So i saved quit and restarted, and it cleared the problem.

Its a good idea to save a copy of your build to the library a couple of times while building so that if anything disastrous goes wrong, you can at least go back to an earlier version of it.
    I tried reloading the game, that didn't work unfortunately. But thanks for your answer :wink:
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well i know you restarted the game but what about restarting your computer? One day while i was building my controls went bonkers and were out of control. Closing the game and re opening didn't help but computer restart helped.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited January 2013
    Have you been using the public room and hidden room markers? You may have stuck a "skip level" marker in there by mistake.
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well i know you restarted the game but what about restarting your computer? One day while i was building my controls went bonkers and were out of control. Closing the game and re opening didn't help but computer restart helped.
    I'll see if that works, thanks :wink:
    bklienhart wrote:
    Have you been using the public room and hidden room markers? You may have stuck a "skip level" marker in there by mistake.
    That's actually possible. I am building terraced houses, which should work like an apartment when I'm done. I'll check if there's a skip level marker laying around somewhere. Thanks :wink: