Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this run sims well?

Working on a PC and the tower I'm thinking about has Intel Core i7-3770 and a quad core? I'm not sure what these mean and just wanted to make sure they're good? It says the CPU speed is 3.4GHz, not sure what that means either.

I know the rest of it is well, for instance the 8gb of RAM and stuff, and I'll be giving it a better PSU and graphics card, and all that. I mostly just wanted to know about the i7 and quad core?
g8b3.png
Danevbie Legacy 8.24

Comments

• Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited January 2013
    Should be ok as long as you put it in a good motherboard. That cpu has all the bells and whistles and at $290 deserves a good motherboard.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    serindeppityserindeppity Posts: 6,690 Member
    edited January 2013
    *****7 wrote:
    Should be ok as long as you put it in a good motherboard. That cpu has all the bells and whistles and at $290 deserves a good motherboard.

Ok, thank you so much :) I think it has a Intel B75 Express for a motherboard. If that's a motherboard....>_O
    g8b3.png
    Danevbie Legacy 8.24
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited January 2013
    That probably refers to the chipset and that can be used on any number of motherboards.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    serindeppityserindeppity Posts: 6,690 Member
    edited January 2013
    *****7 wrote:
    That probably refers to the chipset and that can be used on any number of motherboards.

Oh haha okay. I'll make sure the motherboard will be good then, my dad's bringing in a friend of his who builds computers and whose last job was a gaming computer.
    g8b3.png
    Danevbie Legacy 8.24