Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Design a children's bedroom Contest, 300sp in prizes** Closed, all winners gifted

Hello all I'm Natalie, aka soniccrazy4.

I don't know if any of you have had this problem but I seem to spend ages trying to decorate the interior of my sims home. I am normally quite pleased with how it all turns out apart from one room. Yes, that is the dreaded.......children's room. So to help inspire me and everyone else here on GG I am holding a design a Child's room contest. Sponsors and judges are welcome.

thesims3generationsscre.jpg"width=400"
What do you need to do?

What you need to do is decorate and furnish a children's bedroom. I have no preference on size but it shouldn't be too big. The bedroom must be suitable for a child and contain any toys it might want to play with and basic bedroom essentials. The bedroom can be for either gender or it can be unisex. Your room doesn't have to be part of a house, it can be by itself if you want it to be. Since I am looking at the interior decorating of the room it doesn't not matter about anything outside it. I will judge the contest from pictures you take of the room so make sure you show as much detail as you can. You don't have to upload anything to the Entries in by 24th of December but I can extend the date if needed.

Rules

*Do not use any CC. Even though they are only screenshots it's not fair on the other contestants.
*You may use things from any EP or SP and store content is allowed. You may also use CAP
*The work must be your own. Don't copy anyone else.
*Most importantly, be nice to all the other contestants.
*You can make up to three entries but post them in different posts. Feel free to share any other ideas that you don't want to enter into the comp.
*Make sure any entries are in by the 23 of December. I can extend if you really need me to.

Entry form

Name:
Boy/girl/unisex bedroom:
Bedroom theme/colours:
Pictures:

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Comments

• Options
    soniccrazy4soniccrazy4 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited December 2012
    Prize

1st prize: 200sp
    2nd prize: 100sp
    3rd prize: 50sp

Thank you to tortor135 for sponsoring 200sp. :mrgreen:

Judges

Soniccrazy4 (me)

Entries

Considering entering: :-)
    Entry posted: :mrgreen:
    Something wrong with entry: :oops:

anettesb :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2

Rockleyfamily :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

zefiewings :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

GreenCats :mrgreen:
    Entry 1

aml1855 :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Enrty 2
    Entry 3

3jsand1r :mrgreen:
    Entry 1 by 3jsand1r (Jenni)
    Entry 2 by JazzyRay10 (Jazmine)

Wildeatheart :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2

Rubysim :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

Blysscia :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

jencperry :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2

Amby316 :mrgreen:
    Entry 1

emilzydiva :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

Sandraelle :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

DangerDanger :mrgreen:
    Entry 1

Nathalie19740 :mrgreen:
    Entry 1

jwghost :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

illusie :mrgreen:
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

Gigidawn :mrgreen:
    Entry 1

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Winners

Judging this contest was very hard because there were so many fabulous entries! So don't feel bad if you didn't place because all of your ideas were very good and you all deserve a pat on the back for that.

These are the winners

1st - Rockleyfamily you win 200sp
    Your pirate themed room really impressed me with the creativity of it. Very original idea!

2nd - Sandraelle you win 100sp
    The colours in your nursery work extremely well together. They make it look very warm and sophisticated. Congratulations!

3rd - illusie you win 50sp
    I really like the autumn feel of it. All the features make it seem like it would belong in a fairy tale cottage. Well done!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    You may now post. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited December 2012
    How many times can we enter? Cos I may be unable to stop making kids bedrooms!
  • Options
    edited December 2012

You can make up to 3 to enter in the contest but if you want to share any other ideas feel free to. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2012

You can make up to 3 to enter in the contest but if you want to share any other ideas feel free to. :mrgreen:

This is likely to happen haha! Have a few boys rooms ready and also have some ideas in my head so I'll keep you posted!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Also is there a due date? I didn't see it there. I might be blind though....
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Also is there a due date? I didn't see it there. I might be blind though....

Oh my god.... I always forget the date for my contests. :oops: Hang on i'll add it now and I think I'll give it a week. Haha sorry about that.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2012
    can it be for more than 1 kid?

hmm i might enter for fun with a kids room from my legacy... it is just the pictures right?

but don't put me down for anything .... just take it as a happy surprice if I enter

I love this idea
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    tortor135tortor135 Posts: 235 Member
    edited December 2012
    Looks like fun! Count me in!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Also, I can sponsor 200sp if wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    can it be for more than 1 kid?

hmm i might enter for fun with a kids room from my legacy... it is just the pictures right?

but don't put me down for anything .... just take it as a happy surprice if I enter

I love this idea

Yea it can be for any amount of children and yes you just have to take pictures of the room. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    tortor135 wrote:

That would be great but i'm sure you know that you can't win your own prize.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    tortor135 wrote:

Ahhh, duh! I'll just sponsor then :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    tortor135 wrote:
    tortor135 wrote:

Ahhh, duh! I'll just sponsor then :)

Ok thanks that would be great. I'll add you to the prizes. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited December 2012
    ooh. I might try this. i am always trying to find interesting ways to do themed children's bedrooms.

now to narrow it down to three choices...
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Ok I'l put you down. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2012
    I know what you mean.Kids rooms are the toughiest for me.XD
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am awful at Children's rooms (most of my houses are for single sims or childless couples), but I shall try to have a go if inspiration strikes. Should be good practice for me!

Do you just want a room sitting in the middle of an empty lot?
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    kad1116kad1116 Posts: 1,413 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I will be entering
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    GreenCats wrote:
    I am awful at Children's rooms (most of my houses are for single sims or childless couples), but I shall try to have a go if inspiration strikes. Should be good practice for me!

Do you just want a room sitting in the middle of an empty lot?

It can be anywhere really. In a house or by itself because I am only really judging the interior not what's outside.

It's also good to know that other people struggle to decorate the childrens room. I thought after I bought generations it might be a little easier for me but that turned out not to be the case. :roll:
  • Options
    aml1855aml1855 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I would like to give this a shot
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Welcome aboard. :mrgreen: I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas and ispiration.
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Does this room have to be part of a complete house or can in just be a stand alone room built to furnish and decorate? I know its just pictures so if they were only taken in the room it would be hard to know if it was part of a house or not, but did you want a layout of how it was part of a home, especially if we make the room otter then a square?
  • Options
    EmmatigerlilyEmmatigerlily Posts: 643 Member
    edited December 2012
    Oh this sounds cool, I love this idea! Count me in for sure xx I know how hard it can be sometimes to create bedrooms and mine are sometimes a little boring and empty but I love a challenge and can't wait to give it a go. I have some from my current family I might enter. I'm so exited already :):):)