Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curious about Nraas Mods....

:? I have been reading in the forums about these Nraas Mods and would like to know which ones there are and what exactly they do. Like many others I am disgusted with the default "story progression" of my game and would like to change that. I have never used a Mod and am unsure what exactly I would be getting myself into if I added them to my game. Any helpful insight would be appreciated.

Also as a side-note, is TSR a bad site to download from? and can anyone recommend good ones to get Ranch lots from...or anything else in general. I dont mind downloading from the Exchange but would like to visit other sites to see what they have to offer.

Sorry for the long post just had some things on my mind that I have wondered about :oops: :lol:

Comments

• Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited October 2012
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/
    A list of his mods is on the left side of the page.
    For each mod just click on it and click on what interactions and what they do.
    Its too many to list here.
    But as a side note the mods i like the most are: Story Progression Base Mod,Story Progression Expanded and Extra.
    For each mod their is a Base Mod,you must install the base mod for the mod you want before installing the little extras.
    I also like Overwatch,I installed Overwatch because after installing Story Progression my game crashed constantly,Overwatch helped ALOT.I use Careers mod so my sims can go to extra schoola and have homeschooling.
    Last but not least I just installed NoCd mod,this is great because my CD was cracking and now i don't need a CD to play.
    All the mods i listed are Script mods,easy to install and uninstall and i don't have to worry about it.
    What i don't install or like are Core mods which is UntranslatedKey Mod and the ErrorTrap Mod i think is also a core mod.I stay away from those.

Your mods go in your packages folder thats in the Mods folder.....Documents/EA/TheSims3/Mods/Packages
    If you ever downloaded CC from a website other than the exchange you will know what im talking about.
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited October 2012
    I also love Nraas Mods..I like the Story Progression, and I use the Extra module.
    I also use Overwatch..it cleans up all the overspawning cars from Ambitions, as well as turning off unused TV/radio..it does really help. :mrgreen: