Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Philosopher's Stone: Need info

Hi there. I searched the forums first and maybe I can't find anything because the site is slow right now, but I need some help from someone who might have a lot of info on how to use the Philosopher's Stone without any "negative side effects." Before I get specific, here's a disclaimer just in case, because I know how sensitive people are when it comes to this stuff, but this is a SPOILER ALERT in relation to something that can happen with the Philosopher's Stone. If you don't want to know, please don't read on. On the other hand, if you have info, I need help please.
My sim got the Philosopher's Stone as a reward object for an opportunity in Alchemy. She has level 10 Alchemy and is a witch. I had her put a small space rock on the stone to transmute into gold, and this happened:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/wonderwahine/Screenshot-2.jpg

Thank goodness I have a save before this one so I didn't have to lose my sim. But can someone tell me how the stone works so I don't kill her again. LOL :shock:

Comments

• Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited September 2012
    Don't transmute inexpensive items. My tip would be to have a lot of death flowers in her inventory when she transmutes, then you get to keep the statue and if you so choose (I don't, I put mine in the front yard) sell them for 50 000 simoleans.
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    ComputosaurusComputosaurus Posts: 113 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Nice trick, SpunkyBeli! I make sure my alchemists have the unlucky trait. She has beautiful gold statues of herself all over her yard. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    thank you :wink:
  • Options
    wonderwahinewonderwahine Posts: 68 New Member
    edited September 2012
    SpunkyBeli wrote:
    Don't transmute inexpensive items. My tip would be to have a lot of death flowers in her inventory when she transmutes, then you get to keep the statue and if you so choose (I don't, I put mine in the front yard) sell them for 50 000 simoleans.

Thank you! I will try that. :)
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 2012
    When I was trying to get my sim turned to gold using the Philosopher's Stone, it never happened. I had him use every inexpensive item in his inventory and it either turned to gold or disappeared. I wanted to get a playable ghost witch. :) Guess it's just luck of the draw.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    transmute garbage a few times and I'm sure you will get your ghost
  • Options
    mattshaw13mattshaw13 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Make your sim pregnant. Therefore she can't die from overusing the Philosopher's Stone so you can get more gold without any negative side-effects. This is because pregnant sims in the game can't die (it works for me :D)