Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bundle Gifts Disturbing Update

I have a sad update for everyone who has bought the Sim Point Bundles including me I bought "Eight Bundles" In 5 of my costly Bundle purchases I got items were items from the Sims Medieval Game. They even have the same names..Tell me that is not the most terrible thing you have heard to date on how greedy Sims-EA is! The double bed with the flags, the Bruno bear, the bookshelf, and the big mirror with the dragons on it There may be others but I had to stop buying. I have the medieval catalog because I play the game too...I only got 2 of the real Bundle Gifts a tall dining chair which is from some kind of Sims Motel set that EA had made and 1 Katy Perry Collection chair. I verified everything in my Sims Medieval Catalog with page numbers PG 246, 250 and 254 with the same names on each item..I have spent so much money here and I get used game merchandise as my costly rewards. Did everyone notice when you came to the Website this morning by you sign in name it said "Buy Simpoints"...We need to be compensated.. Every purchase we have made to date is listed on our Account Page for those who do not know. This is a terrible insult to be lured in to get Prizes we already own....How many Bundles have you bought?

Comments

• Options
    Letterman0412Letterman0412 Posts: 13
    edited July 2012
    Zero. What's a bundle? Just a pack with randoms items from random games?
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2012
    Are you talking about the free bag/gift that comes with a simpoint purchase?
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:

I think they are, as I got that bear too. But I don't have Medieval and have no plan to buy it as it's a bit expensive for what it is, so the medieval gifts are a nice surprise for me. Not everyone will have access to those items, and as far as I know, even if you have them in sims medieval, you can't use them in sims 3, unless they've been modded that is.

I really don't think it's an insult at all. They have no way of knowing you have sims medieval. Theoretically it's a random gift, you're buying the points after all, unless you're buying the points bundles specifically to get the mystery items?
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I've bought 10 or 11 bundles I think? I gift too much (or, at least, I used to, I need to start again)! The free gift bags weren't always an option when buying Simpoints. Now, Since I have almost everything in the Store, I don't even care what's in the bag. If I get something for another game (Medieval) I wouldn't be "disturbed", but that's just me.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2012
    ...and as far as I know, even if you have them in sims medieval, you can't use them in sims 3, unless they've been modded that is.

I was thinking the same thing. I have Medieval (haven't installed it yet :oops: ) but it doesn't bother me that they are "recycling" Medieval items for Sims 3. I play several gothic sims so the more Olde World items I have, the better. Plus, they are free and even I (and I've been known to go after EA with a brick when they tick me off) can't find much fault with a free item.

...and I did notice the "improvements" to the Laucher when I logged on yesterday. :thumbdown:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2012
    Darkling wrote:
    ...and as far as I know, even if you have them in sims medieval, you can't use them in sims 3, unless they've been modded that is.

I was thinking the same thing. I have Medieval (haven't installed it yet :oops: ) but it doesn't bother me that they are "recycling" Medieval items for Sims 3. I play several gothic sims so the more Olde World items I have, the better. Plus, they are free and even I (and I've been known to go after EA with a brick when they tick me off) can't find much fault with a free item.

...and I did notice the "improvements" to the Laucher when I logged on yesterday. :thumbdown:

Yeah I saw those "improvements " too lol. I've just been in the store online and that buy simpoints message seems to follow you around too. :(

I want to buy Medieval, but it's around £20 here, and that's a lot of money IMHO. I decided that if I was going to spend that much, I was going to put it towards Supernatural, so I'm happy to get some of the items randomly when I get simpoints. I've got the bed, the bear and the mirror so far I think.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    ohhjulietohhjuliet Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've gotten all of those medieval items with my simpoint purchases... it doesn't bother me that they're from the medieval game, since the Sims 3 & the Sims Medieval aren't cross-compatible. I don't particularly care for the items, as I don't find them all that attractive, but that's just personal preference. I WAS a bit irked when I went to purchase the $60 sp package and that the bundle had reverted to being yet more Katy Perry themed stuff... there's only so much food-related items one woman needs in her life, and between Showtime & Sweet Treats, I have enough. (I wanted the cacti because I'd been wanting more landscaping items (HINT HINT STORE PEOPLE HINT HINT), not because I particularly want cacti). I decided to go with the $80 package, figuring the mystery item would be decent... so I was like what the???? when I got this:

ScreenShot2012-07-19at102525AM.png
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2012
    Darkling wrote:

Yeah I saw those "improvements " too lol. I've just been in the store online and that buy simpoints message seems to follow you around too. :(

Yeah, follows you around like a stalker! :? I have Shop Mode disabled in my game and yet I still get that golden Store Box in my Buy/Build Mode when I shop by room. Okay, EA, we get it--you have a Store, enough already. I'm kinda of afraid to go into my game after this last round of maintenance. The last thing I need is for my sim to be walking down the street in Bridgeport and pass a flashing neon sign that says "Got Simpoints?"

...uh oh. Hope I didn't give them any ideas. :shock:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited July 2012
    I agree with you 100% the gifts they give for buying simpoints are really lame. things I don't even want in my game! and a lot of the things I have bought aren't in my account. If I want to re download them I have to go through the things in the store to find them which is very time consuming and annoying. :x
  • Options
    ElderGamer1ElderGamer1 Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2012
    Yes... but I was used to call it a Bundle of Sim Points, sorry for not being clear and thank you for commenting
    MinDtriKz wrote:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Incase you did not know while on the Store Page Click on your Account and it will take you to another Sign in, then you click on your Purchases to see everything you have bought or have been Gifted to date. You can also see just how much money..you have spent and that's the sad reality part.. I play Sims Medieval and when I saw the exact furnishing in my game with the same names that was the iceing on the cake for me. Do you remember when you bought a more expensive Sim Point Bundle and you were given 2 or 3 Gifts? Thank you so much for commenting and any questions please feel free to ask.
    I agree with you 100% the gifts they give for buying simpoints are really lame. things I don't even want in my game! and a lot of the things I have bought aren't in my account. If I want to re download them I have to go through the things in the store to find them which is very time consuming and annoying. :x
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh my you have me laughing! I am so happy you saw the "stalking" reminder...Sometimes I think it's only me, Lol! You have renewed my faith that I am not in a terrible EA-Sims dream alone! Even if you turn off your in-game store.. Did you notice that the Featured Items are also in your Inventory and also in your Documents Folder in your Computer? All the "Improvements" are toward selling...Agressive selling. I don't want to get too far from the reason I posted. Does EA think we are all stupid? These furnishings from the Sims Medieval should not be used a the Gifts from a another Game. Out of eight times of buying the Sim Points for my Gifts I only got 1 dinning chair "7.5 Delux Suite "in room dining chair" and one of the Katy Perry Chairs" the rest were from my Sims Medieval Game. EA did not re-create anything for us as Gifts for Buying Simpoints..It makes me sick that now they are pushing even more to buy "used Goods"..I hope you can use your fantastic "Biting Humor" and talk about this with other Simmers you know. Thank you so much for commenting!
    Darkling wrote:
    Darkling wrote:

Yeah, follows you around like a stalker! :? I have Shop Mode disabled in my game and yet I still get that golden Store Box in my Buy/Build Mode when I shop by room. Okay, EA, we get it--you have a Store, enough already. I'm kinda of afraid to go into my game after this last round of maintenance. The last thing I need is for my sim to be walking down the street in Bridgeport and pass a flashing neon sign that says "Got Simpoints?"

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I also have mostly everything from the Sets and I remember when the higher the Simpoint Bundle you would get a few cute items. It always felt great to get a little gift when I had some extra money. My Post was for Community awareness and I thank you for commenting also.
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    I've bought 10 or 11 bundles I think? I gift too much (or, at least, I used to, I need to start again)! The free gift bags weren't always an option when buying Simpoints. Now, Since I have almost everything in the Store, I don't even care what's in the bag. If I get something for another game (Medieval) I wouldn't be "disturbed", but that's just me.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That's a bummer that you have to pay so much for games here. I struggle to buy on a regular basis, with a social security check Lol! I visit the SimsVIP.com and I got to see what all the Free Sim Bundle Gifts were plus Genuine Sim/EA items that did not get posted at the Sims Store that are Free: "A Katy Perry in-game framed Poster" and a Superman costume for YA/adult Sims. They are adorable in-game. Also Amazon.com has Sim Deals with Prima Guides that EA/Origin never has including the new Sims Supernatural with the "EA Only" Zombi-Special Editions. I have pre-ordered with them with a comb package deal. Maybe you can get better buys with Amazon.com. I wanted to thank you for commenting also.
    Darkling wrote:

I want to buy Medieval, but it's around £20 here, and that's a lot of money IMHO. I decided that if I was going to spend that much, I was going to put it towards Supernatural, so I'm happy to get some of the items randomly when I get simpoints. I've got the bed, the bear and the mirror so far I think.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thank you everyone for commenting... I tried to thank everyone as you posted. If nothing else I wanted to create more awareness. Money only grows on Trees in our Sim Gardens.
    Thanks again for all your comments!

I am really happy to announce that Simmers are being heard and keep Posting when you feel something may not be right. "Today" when you go to buy that 50.00 Simpoint bundle you can see the shadows of the items and choose. Why they did do do that for the lower dollar Simpoints I don't know..But its a beginning...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Wow..That is really sad! Community Awareness-in part is what I am getting at.. A Gift and Thank-you for feeding the EA Sims Machine and you get the shell lite "It's cute but for 80.00 that a slap in the face for a customer. It's a respect between EA-Sims and a very loyal Community that is just getting worse. Like I had said in my last Post. Money only grows on trees in our Sim Gardens. I wanted to Thank-you for commenting.
    ohhjuliet wrote:
    I've gotten all of those medieval items with my simpoint purchases... it doesn't bother me that they're from the medieval game, since the Sims 3 & the Sims Medieval aren't cross-compatible. I don't particularly care for the items, as I don't find them all that attractive, but that's just personal preference. I WAS a bit irked when I went to purchase the $60 sp package and that the bundle had reverted to being yet more Katy Perry themed stuff... there's only so much food-related items one woman needs in her life, and between Showtime & Sweet Treats, I have enough. (I wanted the cacti because I'd been wanting more landscaping items (HINT HINT STORE PEOPLE HINT HINT), not because I particularly want cacti). I decided to go with the $80 package, figuring the mystery item would be decent... so I was like what the???? when I got this:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Wow..That is really sad! Community Awareness-in part is what I am getting at.. A Gift and Thank-you for feeding the EA Sims Machine and you get the shell lite "It's cute but for 80.00 that a slap in the face for a customer. It's a respect between EA-Sims and a very loyal Community that is just getting worse. Like I had said in my last Post. Money only grows on trees in our Sim Gardens. I wanted to Thank-you for commenting.

What are you talking about? Seriously, where do you get your sense of entitlement from? EA offers Simpoints, and a free GIFT to entice customers with. The gift is random, and is a "bonus" of sorts for purchasing points. If you don't like the gift, you still have the original purchase- Simpoints- to use on crap you do like. You don't buy Simpoints for the gift. You buy them for the stuff in the Store.

If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. You're complaining about a gift, and not only is that tacky, it's ironic, as that is what is "disrespectful", NOT EA. :roll:

edit: spelling
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2012
    Technically the Castle themed set was around <i>before</i> Sims Medieval came out. I have SM but don't really play it anymore. Its not the end of the world for my TS3 game to have medival themed objects.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've gotten a few of the Medieval objects. Pretty ugly IMO, I didn't even download most of them. But really they don't have to give us anything when we buy points. It's a GIFT. Don't complain about something being handed to you for free, it's pretty rude.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've not read every post here, but I am smelling a rat.

I gather the issue is buying bundles from https://store.thesims3.com and getting a free gift for The Sims Medievel.

The bundles state Sims 3 - they don't mention Medieval - where is that pointed out?

Medieval is a different game - it's nothing to do with The Sims 3. This is no different than them giving a free gift for Battlefield 3.

Is it mentioned anywhere at all that the gift may be for any game other than The Sims 3?
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2012
    plopppo wrote:
    I've not read every post here, but I am smelling a rat.

I gather the issue is buying bundles from https://store.thesims3.com and getting a free gift for The Sims Medievel.

The bundles state Sims 3 - they don't mention Medieval - where is that pointed out?

Medieval is a different game - it's nothing to do with The Sims 3. This is no different than them giving a free gift for Battlefield 3.

Is it mentioned anywhere at all that the gift may be for any game other than The Sims 3?
    That was my first impression too, but that's not what's happening.

The gifts being given are still for TS3 but they are exact replicas of Medieval objects.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited July 2012
    Ah, I see. They can clearly do that then.

I thought the gifts were only meant to be used in Sims Medieval.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2012
    ohhjuliet wrote:

what the cornflakes is that? :shock: It looks useless. :roll:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2012
    Darkling wrote:
    Darkling wrote:

Ah ha, if this happens I'll remember who gave them the idea! :lol:

Nah, I'm not going to get upset...the last time I bought simpoints I got this dumb bag thingy with a plumbob on it. I posted to ask what this was and nobody even answered. If I don't get upset with that, I won't get upset. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    flippy1120flippy1120 Posts: 121 New Member
    edited July 2012
    so, you guys don't want anything free? I think EA can sort that out if you guys really want ;) but yeah I like the Medieval items, i wish i could get the mirror i really want that :P