Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cemetary garden

Hey, I have a strange request of those who play long legacies (as in third or more generation). I want to make a graveyard garden on my legacy land (put a garden mixed in with the graveyard). However, I was wondering if those who have either huge gardens or huge graveyards can post their pics so I can see how it could look at the end. I'm no where near ready to make mine yet, but I'm a crazy person who likes to plot these things long in advance.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't have any pictures of it, and I'm afraid that game was glitchy so I had to delete it...Anywho, I was on my 8th generation and I put a graveyard on my sims home lot. I usually put the founder and his/her significant other at the top, then each generation is added downward. Kind of like a family tree, but tombstone style.
    Sorry I don't have any pictures :(
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2012
    betty_me13 wrote:
    I don't have any pictures of it, and I'm afraid that game was glitchy so I had to delete it...Anywho, I was on my 8th generation and I put a graveyard on my sims home lot. I usually put the founder and his/her significant other at the top, then each generation is added downward. Kind of like a family tree, but tombstone style.
    Sorry I don't have any pictures :(

That sounds like a pretty good idea. My last one was just in a row for like six people, and then another row. I'm thinking of putting veggies around the tombstones.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited June 2012
    I haven't put in the garden part, but this is my plan for my legacy graveyard. It is at the back of the lot behind the pond. I plan to plant the fruit trees throughout. But yeah, the plan is all the heirs will be placed on the marbled plots and all the extras(wives gf's random deaths on the home lot) will be on the ground.

Screenshot-20-1.jpg
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited June 2012
    If you are going to have a graveyard on your legacy lot I'd advise you to get a mod that stops sims from having reactions to ghosts. One time I kept the gravestones on my property when doing a legacy and eventually I was having multiple ghosts out every night and then multiple times a night my sims would stop what they were doing and cancel all queued up actions just to react to seeing the ghost.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited June 2012
    hanyo wrote:
    If you are going to have a graveyard on your legacy lot I'd advise you to get a mod that stops sims from having reactions to ghosts. One time I kept the gravestones on my property when doing a legacy and eventually I was having multiple ghosts out every night and then multiple times a night my sims would stop what they were doing and cancel all queued up actions just to react to seeing the ghost.

I hope and pray they add the lock to the gate/ outdoor fences for ghosts with supernatural. This would be very very helpful.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    2oo922oo92 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have a Legacy grave yard. I'll get some pictures in a minute. Though my graveyard isn't on my property. I bought the lot by the waterfall in sunset valley.

I don't like ghosts roaming around my house drinking coffee and pulling out laptops they didn't have when they were dead.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It's not the best yet, I'm waiting for some more deaths to fill it up. Wow, that sounds wrong. Here's some pics.

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-32.jpg

The founder's graves. January and Zack Thorn.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    hanyo wrote:

I normally just see what kind of tombstone they will get, delete it and buy the same generic one from buydebug. I didn't know there was a mod for keeping ghosts at bay. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    2oo92 wrote:
    It's not the best yet, I'm waiting for some more deaths to fill it up. Wow, that sounds wrong. Here's some pics.

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-32.jpg

The founder's graves. January and Zack Thorn.

Ohhh, where did you get the buiding in the first pic? That's so pretty.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh, it's a mausoleum that came with Starlight Shores. I needed it so other people could come to the graveyard.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    2oo92 wrote:
    Oh, it's a mausoleum that came with Starlight Shores. I needed it so other people could come to the graveyard.

Fiddlesticks. I don't have that EP.