Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighter Career- Can't get promoted.

I've tried searching for an answer but I haven't found anything, maybe I am blind. :mrgreen::lol: I've tried posting this over with Ambitions, but it is really quiet over there.

But, for some reason I just can't get my firefighter sim promoted. The career progress bar gets maxed out. But my sims just don't get promoted, they get stuck on career level one. It is very frustrating as I love the Firefighting career. The career used to work fine, but now it doesn't. I haven't done anything different with my game. It doesn't matter what town I'm playing in, if I start a new game, or if I uninstall Ambitions and then reinstall it. I can't get it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas?
funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif

Comments

• Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I was having some problems with the firefighter career as well. Although my sim did get promoted, but he never got any of the rewards. He got promoted to the highest level, but he never got the firetruck or alarm :(
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited June 2012
    betty_me13 wrote:
    I was having some problems with the firefighter career as well. Although my sim did get promoted, but he never got any of the rewards. He got promoted to the highest level, but he never got the firetruck or alarm :(

That stinks, I'm sorry. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No don't be sorry...your issue is much worse! My only suggestion would be to download the master controller. Once it's maxed out, you can promote him/her yourself :)
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited June 2012
    I do have Master Controller, but I didn't know that I could do that. So many options with that Mod! :D

Though, I wish that I didn't have to rely on a Mod to fix this problem.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No kidding! I think you have to install the "cheats" in order to do it though. The "cheats" is just like an add on to the Master Controller. With the "cheats" you can even change the performance level...I tried demoting and then promoting my sim to fix it, but it didn't :(

Here's a link to the cheats http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Cheats+Phase+Six
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    edited July 2012
    sshaw1 wrote:
    I've tried searching for an answer but I haven't found anything, maybe I am blind. :mrgreen::lol: I've tried posting this over with Ambitions, but it is really quiet over there.

But, for some reason I just can't get my firefighter sim promoted. The career progress bar gets maxed out. But my sims just don't get promoted, they get stuck on career level one. It is very frustrating as I love the Firefighting career. The career used to work fine, but now it doesn't. I haven't done anything different with my game. It doesn't matter what town I'm playing in, if I start a new game, or if I uninstall Ambitions and then reinstall it. I can't get it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hey there.

Was your sim's Athletic and/or Handiness skills maxed or close to maxed before you joined the career? Most of advancement within that career is maxing out those skills. If you already have them maxed, there will be no advancement. To be on the safe side never start a firefighter after the first two or three levels in Athletic and Handiness, and never work on Athletic skills in another country if you have WA installed.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    edited July 2012
    Revenwyn wrote:
    Hey there.

Was your sim's Athletic and/or Handiness skills maxed or close to maxed before you joined the career? Most of advancement within that career is maxing out those skills. If you already have them maxed, there will be no advancement. To be on the safe side never start a firefighter after the first two or three levels in Athletic and Handiness, and never work on Athletic skills in another country if you have WA installed.
    Oh my goodness, thank you for this post! I was having a different 'problem' and I thought it was a glitch. I couldn't understand why my firefighting sim would get promotions when she wasn't even at work; she was level 6 on the second day! It was insane. After about 2 sim weeks on the job she's level 10. I guess it was down to the skill leveling so I suppose it was not a glitch after all. :mrgreen: