Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I use an Ultimate Game card to buy simpoints in Canada?

I've been poking around for a while and having looked over several of the threads about getting simpoints in Canada, I also noticed that some were from as early as 2010, possibly earlier? IDK...

I don't have a paypal account right now (I'm working on that because I need it for other things anyway) and I've never been able to find EA game cards anywhere. I've checked nearly all of the locations listed on the EA site that are available in Canada, and none in the Greater Toronto Area seem to have any.

So my question is this, would an Ultimate Game Card work? I've found a place that carries them in my area but the sims isn't listed on their website. I'm just wondering if it ever was, or if I'm just going about this the wrong way @____@

Aside from all this, are there any other alternatives?

Comments

• Options
    Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't think that UGC supports the Sims at the moment. Sorry.
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Yeah it kinda sucks how hard it is to get Simpoints in Canada. I live in the US and my city is a major city in the midwest (Omaha) but they don't see simpoints anywhere anymore. They used to sell them at Best Buy but I guess not now. D:
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don;t think so. I know with paypal for me it wont take it out of my bank account has to be with a cc so that sucks as well.
    I am Canadian as well.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited June 2012
    I recently asked about EA Game Cards in Canada as well and was directed to Prepaid Master/Visa Cards. I haven't tried it myself but I was told you can just buy a prepaid card and use it like a regular Master/Visa Card. You just register them online and I believe they can be used for online purchases as well. Just be careful of registration fees (I think $4) and I think they said there is a fee as well for online purchases.

I go to school in the States so I'm probably going to start getting cards when I go back in the fall. I've never got one before but lately I've been craving Sims 3 Store Content!! haha

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    shebc21shebc21 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm Canadian and I'm lucky that I can go down to the States with the purpose of getting game cards for my sims. I was having this same problem and I called around to ask this very question. I called Best Buy and Walmart among other stores to see if they had any cards, which we know that they didn't carry. I now go to the States so I can buy sims game cards. I usually buy EA Game Cards not the Sims specific cards and these work great. The last time that I was at Target (purchasing a game card) a fellow customer (she was a fellow Canadian) and I was talking about this very problem. It seems that she tried to use a Mastercard Prepaid card and it didn't work. She then bought a Visa prepaid card. She said that the Visa one worked great. I haven't personally bought a Visa prepaid card but if it works then it will make getting my sims points a lot easier. I enjoy going down to the States, I just prefer that it was for a different reason then the one I have now.
  • Options
    wewsdsfwewsdsf Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    I just ask the same question Im having the same problems anyone know what to to do wish I did
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    PS I think it's because sims 4 will be out by chrisms this year but we should tell EA to mak a Canada points card
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    can you use Ultimate Game Cards can you use them for simpoints yes or no ?

if yes :twisted:

if no :oops: