Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Sim Out of Time, story

Just want to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Becky, a stay at home mom of two daughters. Hubs works a lot the girls are in school, so I work around the house, read and play sims.

Currently, I am most active over on the Gifting Forum, some of you may have seen me over there. I am working on a contest entry that I would love to share with you all. I started off entering this sim in the medieval sim cas contest. I fell in love with her character, so decided to work on a story for her.

I hope to update this entry later, right now I am getting ready to work on some backstory pics.

Please give me input, let me know if you are enjoying the story. Thanks in advance. :-)

Comments

• Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited May 2012
    Screenshot-17-3.jpg

A Sim Out of Time
    By Potterphyle

The Beginning

Some mornings when I wake up, I wonder if my life in the past is only a dream. The more time that passes in this new world, the less I believe in the past. I wonder if I am just insane, making up some elaborate backstory to explain away the unexplainable. I remember being told that my mother died in child birth. I remember struggling in my father's care. He was a good man, but he had too many responsibilites and not enough time for them all. I remember being taken care of by a nursemaid that he hired upon the death of my mother. She was the only mom I ever knew...a very nice woman, a smidge older than my dad.

Screenshot-11-2.jpg

Her name was Arwyn the Brave. She had lost a child and husband just before my mother died. She told me, later in my childhood, if it had not been for receiving the news of my mother's death that she would likely have thrown herself into the ocean rather than go on living without her own family. So I guess I filled a void for her as well.
    Arwyn taught me many things throughout my life. Mostly things that would help in my adult life. She taught me how to clean a home and how to take care of clothing. She taught me how to use all resources that my husband provided, so that we would want for nothing.

Screenshot-6-3.jpg

I loved her most for teaching me how to cook. It was my favorite thing in the world to experiment with. Thankfully, I had a knack for it. You could say, I was born to do it. We often went fishing together in the pond that ran in front of our home.

Screenshot-4-3.jpg

My father sometimes joined us. It was on these fishing excursions that my father slowly fell in love with Arwyn. While I was in the villiage bartering goods, he proposed marriage to Arwyn. They married just before my teen years. I was so happy that she was finally my real mom!

Screenshot-13-2.jpg

As I got older, my life got a little tougher. My father, who controlled our household decided it was time for me to get married. He was worried that I would become a spinster. One day, he came home from town with horrible news. "I have found you a husband, and he is very far above our station. This match will do well for you, my lovely daughter, you will want for nothing in the future. It is a good match. You will be married on your 18th birthday!" I was devastated. You see, I had this silly notion that I would pick someone who loved me.

Screenshot-31.jpg

He and I fought over this, but I decided to meet the man he wanted to marry me off to. Now, I am a sim out of time. My father wanted to enter me into a loveless marriage, but instead changed he my fate. Normally an obedient daughter, I struggled to resign myself to the situation, but I couldn't shake the thought there was something better out here for me!Upon meeting my intended husband, I decided to make run for it. He was a terrible man. He was rude and demanding and I couldn't imagine one night with him, let alone the rest of my life!

Screenshot-17-2.jpg

Screenshot-20-1.jpg

Screenshot-26-1.jpg

More to come....
  • Options
    puppyluvvpuppyluvv Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2012
    Interesting so far :) I like it ^-^ I can't wait to see where this goes :D
    generation-two-banner-trait.png?w=640
    Our Lives are Better Left to Chance - A Legacy
  • Options
    Gatorade3Gatorade3 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited May 2012
    Love this!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I have so much more written and photographed so far...but I am sleepy. Will be back in the morning to post more, when the girls leave for school. Thanks for the feedback. I love Cecily...she seemed to come to life in my mind!
  • Options
    stikystuffstikystuff Posts: 2,939 Member
    edited May 2012
    No potterphyle you can't leave me on a cliffhanger like that grrr. :lol: Love it I shall be looking forward to reading the rest.
  • Options
    wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited May 2012
    Can't wait to read the rest of the story. BTW My mom, sister and I all love time travel stories. I told mom a little bit of the story and she can't wait to read it:)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    On the eve of my 18th birthday, I crept from our family home, promising to come back one day and explain my actions. On my way out of town, I met a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 woman who told me that I would meet a very important person at the dock.

Screenshot-38.jpg

I gave the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a small token of my appreciation and hurried away to meet the mysterious stranger she spoke of.

Screenshot-39.jpg

"Would you like passage to another place, where your past cannot haunt you?" I heard from behind me. Slowly I turned, facing a different woman, she seemed somewhat familiar, but was a stranger none the less.

Screenshot-41.jpg

She offered me passage to a new world. It seemed like an answer to my prayers. I had just enough money left to book passage on the ship.

Screenshot-2-3.jpg

After being shown to a stateroom and given dinner, I started to read when suddenly I felt very drowsy....

Screenshot-4-4.jpg

I opened my eyes, warily and noticed I was alone, on a seemingly desserted beach. Where am I?

Screenshot-2-4.jpg

What strange noises and stange sights this new land has!

Screenshot-5-4.jpg

I noticed a path and followed it to a road, where I was almost overun by a unidentifiable machine. Oh my goodness, where am I? Just then, I felt a note that was clutched in my hand.

Screenshot-43.jpg

"Cecily, you will not understand why, but you have been sent into the future. It is in this town that you will find the meaning to your life. Take the directions in your valaise to the nearby town and ask someone to help you. They will take you where you need to go. You wanted to escape and now your past can never hurt you!"

Screenshot-3-4.jpg

In my case, there were documents that I did not understand. I set off on foot, hoping for someone to help me. Not far into the journey a strange machine stopped, a door opened, and a nice lady asked if I was ok? "I need help, please" I stammered. The lady opened another door and said, "let me take you to the hospital!"

Screenshot-2-5.jpg

That happened two months ago. I learned from the hospital that I am the long lost granddaughter of "Halford Brickenden". I supposedly have amnesia. They have taken me to the estate of the Brickenden clan as instructed in all that paperwork.

Screenshot-5-5.jpg

It's a nice home, filled with many things I don't quite understand. There were no other explanations, as far as everyone is concerned I am a distant relative to the family that owns this house. I am a new townie....nothing out of the ordinary. Is there anyone in this time who will understand my old fashioned ways? What was the purpose of sending me so far into the future, into this land of unknown? Will I ever find the mysterious woman who sent me this way? Why did she do it?

More coming soon.....
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I like this premise. I sort of have a Victorian family on free file I might share one day.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Present

I have been learning how to work some of the new gadgets in this age. I love computers and I love televisions. I wonder how we got along without these items back in my old life! My most favorite inventions are those in the kitchen.

Screenshot-7-4.jpg

I love being able to cook, so quickly, and so effectively! How I wish Arwyn was here to share this with! She would have loved to see these things. When I am lost in thoughts like this, I hope that she and my father had another child after I left. Maybe that would have eased the pain of my sudden disappearance! They were good parents.

Screenshot-15-2.jpg

Cooking and gardening are my new passions in life. Some things never change.

Screenshot-7-1.jpg

With all the new cooking aides, I am a better cook than before. Also, my gardening knowledge has come in very handy. I may not be tech savvy enough to make money doing most jobs, but my past life has made me more than proficient living off the land. People come from miles around to buy my produce.

Screenshot-6-1.jpg

I must admit, I am lonely! It is hard knowing no one from your past. I have met a few members of the town, which is called Riverview, I learned when I was released from the hospital. It is a small town, thank goodness. Thanks to the computer, I have seen many amazing places I could have only dreamed would ever exist!

More coming later tonight, time permitting.
  • Options
    Catomatic15962Catomatic15962 Posts: 22
    edited May 2012
    Love the story so far, keep it going. :D:D:D
  • Options
    whatisaspacebarwhatisaspacebar Posts: 108 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Oh this is a lovely story! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Screenshot-44.jpg

Last night, I noticed a man, riding his horse around the neighborhood. He lives a few houses away, I have seen him before, cleaning out the horse stall.

Screenshot-27.jpg

Determined to meet him, the next day, I stepped to the road when I saw his lovely horse coming down the street.

Screenshot-2-6.jpg

"What's his name?" I asked shyly as I stepped onto the road to meet them.

Screenshot-4-5.jpg

"Pascal, little lady...and my Name is Maxwell Kilgore. You can call me Max, all my friends do," he replied. He was tall and tan, and very muscular. He smelled like a sunny day. "What do they call you?" he asked.

Screenshot-6-5.jpg

"My name is Cecily Brickenden. I just moved here, errr, to the family homestead." I replied nervously. Wonder if he could tell how shaken up I was to be talking about myself. Thinking I better turn the conversation around, I asked, "How old is Pascal?"

Screenshot-5-6.jpg

"He just turned one...and he is the fastest horse you ever did see. I am entering him into a riding competition. You should come and watch us compete!" he said excitedly.

Screenshot-26.jpg

"Maybe I will." I replied. "Oh well, I better get back to my gardening. I got a late start today, and I need to get it finished while there is still light. You guys can drop by again, whenever you are in the neighborhood." I said with a smile.

Screenshot-3-5.jpg

"Good bye Cecily, I will see you soon...and don't forget about the competition. I hope to see you there. We both do," he said as he patted Pascal on the head. With that, they rode off into the sunset.

I could not stop thinking about Maxwell. He was so handsome and polite. He had a voice like an angel. I felt as if he was looking into my soul when he talked to me. I wonder if this is how love at first sight feels. Oh darn it all, I decided to find out when the competition was happening and I was going to be there.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Screenshot-45.jpg

The competition, it turns out, was the following weekend. I decided to have a makeover before heading out to meet Max again. I was dressed rather outdated for this age. I booked an appointment with the salon.

Screenshot-3-6.jpg

Kurt Shallow, the stylist at the salon promised I was in good hands. I must admit he did a great job. He taught me how to style my hair to accompany many different looks. I admit, I wanted to dress in a way to attract the attention of Max Kilgore.

Screenshot-6-6.jpg

After leaving the salon, I felt so lovely and confident...I couldn't wait to see Max again. Too bad it would have to wait until the weekend.

Screenshot-7-5.jpg

I passed the time by studying up on modern history. I needed to make a good impression on him so I didn't appear dumb. Half the time, I didn't understand what people were talking about much of the time. I wish I had someone to help me tranisition into this era. The weekend was here before I knew it. I was so aprehensive as I stared into the mirror. What if he thought I looked foolish? I felt so fake in this modern wear!

Screenshot-5-7.jpg

I called a cab to take me to the stadium. When I got there, I was nervously looking around for that familiar face. From behind me I hear him, talking to his horse. "We got this Pascal! I know we are going to win!"

Screenshot-2-8.jpg

I slipped away silently to get my seat. I didn't want him to see me there for fear of unsettling him. The race was thrilling. Pascal was so fast! He galloped to a first place finish. I was so proud of them!

Screenshot-5-8.jpg
    Screenshot-6-7.jpg

After the race, while Max was brushing Pascal out, I decided to make my presence known. "Um, hello Max, what a great job you guys did in that race!"

Screenshot-7-6.jpg

He whipped his face around and a big smile spread across his face. "Cecily, so glad you made it!" he said happily.

Screenshot-8-5.jpg

That was a month ago. Max asked me out the night of the competition. Of course, I said yes. He was such a gentleman. He has taken me throughout the town. Teaching me so much about life in the modern world.

Screenshot-10-4.jpg

Our first date was at the old towne gazebo, we played chess and danced the evening away. He gave me my first ever kiss right there, in front of everyone.

Screenshot-12-4.jpg

He took me the bistro, all dressed up in our finest to enjoy cuisine from all around the world.

Screenshot-14-4.jpg

We went to the museum, and he couldn't believe how impressed I was with the simplest of items. "I have never met a girl like you, Cecily." he said with a smile. "Meet me in the park tomorrow, and be ready for a riding lesson."

Screenshot-13-4.jpg

The next morning, as I was getting ready, I couldn't help but smile. Max was such a great guy. I couldn't believe how great we were together. I arrived at the park in the late afternoon. Max helped me mount Pascal and taught me how to control the reigns. I was so happy to be with them both. After dusk, Max suddenly seemed serious. "Cecily, I have something I wanted to ask you," he said.

Oh no, I thought, he seems to be upset about something. "Sure, Max, ask away." I said with a sad inflection to my voice.

"Well, I don't want you to think I am being forward, but this month has been the best of my entire life. Since I have met you, it is like everything is falling into place for me. I think you may be my good luck charm. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Cecily." he took a deep breath before continuing, "Will you marry me?"

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg

Without pause, I shouted, "Yes, oh yes!! Max, I can't believe you asked me this, but I am so glad you did. I can't wait to be your wife!"

Screenshot-23.jpg

"Full steam ahead then, let's get married tonight!" he suggested.

I shook my head and said, "No Max, I want all our friends to be there, I want everyone to know how much I love you!"

"Okay, dear Cecily, I can wait for a while, but let's not have a long engagement. I want to be by your side forever." I hugged him again and then he took me home to start making wedding plans.

Screenshot-24.jpg

Later that night, fate decided to intervine in his favor.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    After Max left, while I was getting ready for bed, I heard something outside the window.

Screenshot-2-9.jpg

I quickly dressed again and went out the back door just in time to see someone creeping toward my door. Thank goodness for the alarm!

Screenshot-3-8.jpg

I didn't know what to do, I was frozen in horror at the sight of a stranger in my living room. We both sort of stood there like deer caught in headlights.

Screenshot-5-9.jpg

The police officer arrived and a fight commenced.

Screenshot-6-8.jpg

I thought that Officer Brenton had the suspect, but they delivered a well timed punch to his head and ran out the open door.

Screenshot-7-7.jpg

"Why don't you call someone to come over while I am here, Miss Brickenden. I would rather not leave you here alone tonight." Officer Brenton said and I called the only person in the world I could trust, Max.

Screenshot-10-5.jpg

"I will be right over!" he practically screamed in my ear. "Oh Cecily, are you okay?" Max exclaimed as he burst through the door minutes later. "I came as quickly as I could!"

Screenshot-11-5.jpg

"I am fine, Max, especially now that you are here!" I replied.

Screenshot-13-5.jpg

"I am going to stay with you tonight, and I won't take no for an answer!" he said.

Screenshot-14-5.jpg

"No arguments from me, Max...do you think we could put a rush on that wedding afterall?" I asked shyly.

Screenshot-15-4.jpg

"No arguments from me. Tomorrow is too long to wait!" he said with a chuckle.

"How about next Saturday?" I countered.

Screenshot-18-3.jpg

"If that is what you wish, but I am not leaving your side again! I couldn't live without you now, Cecily." Then he kissed me.

Screenshot-17-5.jpg

MORE to come....
  • Options
    cherry022806cherry022806 Posts: 3,255 Member
    edited May 2012
    I really love your story! I can't wait to read more!

I have bookmarked this thread to help keep current!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I really love your story! I can't wait to read more!

I have bookmarked this thread to help keep current!

Thank you so much. I am hoping to get Max and Cecily's story finished within the next few days, since wensimmies contest is over on the 2nd...but then I will probably keep up with their family for a while. I like these two crazy kids!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Screenshot-20-3.jpg

The next four days dragged on for seemingly years. Max took up residence in the spare room upstairs. The room that would be ours in a few short days. We took to doing mundane tasks. Cooking, gardening, fishing, and taking care of Pascal. It took up every minute of the day, and at least helped to keep away the jitters.

Screenshot-19-3.jpg

Screenshot-4-9.jpg

On the morning of the wedding, I silently cried because my dad and Arwyn wouldn't be among the guests. With a life changing event like this happening, it was no wonder I was sad.

Screenshot-2-10.jpg

We picked the gazebo as our wedding venue.

Screenshot-10-3.jpg

What better place than where we shared our first kiss? Max arranged to have a wedding arch brought to the exact spot. How very romantic.

"I take this man, to love and protect, all the days I shall live"

"I take this woman to love and protect, all the days I shall live"

Screenshot-12-3.jpg
    Screenshot-14-3.jpg
    Screenshot-15-3.jpg
    Screenshot-17-4.jpg

Simple vows, but none ever more true. Max was my life and I was his. Now we will never be apart.

With our friends gathered around us, we shared the best night of our lives. It was a beautiful wedding and reception.

Screenshot-19-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-2.jpg

All our guests had a great time. We couldn't have been more in love and they all could see it in the way we held on to each other all night.

Screenshot-21-2.jpg

More, tomorrow.
  • Options
    StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited May 2012
    A lovely story, I'm really enjoying it!! :D
  • Options
    LindaluLindalu Posts: 684 Member
    edited May 2012
    Full of mystery, intrigue..... where are you going with the story from here? Sounds like a happy-ever-after ending but I think I had better stay tuned. I may be wrong. (I have one guess in my mind where the story may go)
    Well done!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Screenshot-19-3.jpg

Life moved along, we had a few months of wedded bliss. We spent most of our free time in the garden or fishing as that is primarily how we made our money. We sold the produce and fish to the local green grocer. He in turn sold it to all the townspeople. They loved having such fresh and wonderful food. Max and Pascal also made money from riding competitions. Max is an outstanding horseman!

Screenshot-4-9.jpg

The day the accident happened started off normally enough. I worked in the garden while Max fished in our pond. After I had finished weeding the plants, I noticed Pascal pacing in his stall. "Max, I am going to attempt to ride Pascal again." After our first try at riding lessons, I had come to the conclusion I am more of an onground friend to Pascal. I admired his power and strength, but I just didn't feel as if I could control him. I rode around our yard a few times, until I was feeling more comfortable. Then Max suggested we should ride down the road a while and back.

Screenshot-49.jpg

"Just trust Pascal, he knows what to do." Max said cheerily. He went back to his fishing and I started off down the street. We made it around the block, but around the last corner, the car was driving too fast.

Screenshot-4-10.jpg

Pascal spooked and threw me, clear of the accident, from his back. He was not as fortunate. The car clipped his back legs, and he fell down in pain. I screamed and fainted dead away in the middle of the street.

Screenshot-5-10.jpg

Screenshot-7-8.jpg

Max heard the commotion and came running. I can't imagine what he thought when he saw us in the road like that. By the time he made it to us, Pascal had limped away and I was still laying in the road.

Screenshot-8-7.jpg

"Cecily, Cecily, are you ok?" he half shouted.

Screenshot-9-6.jpg

I slowly came around to myself, "I th-think so, Max. Where is Pascal? The car hit him! Where is that car, did you see it?"

Screenshot-3-9.jpg

"No, it was a hit and run Cecily, can you get up?" he asked.

"Yes, help me up," I replied.

Screenshot-10-6.jpg

I dusted myself off as we walked toward the house. Pascal had went into his stall, he looked pitiful. "We should call the vet."

Screenshot-12-6.jpg

"Go ahead and I will try to get him to drink some water." Max said.

Screenshot-13-6.jpg

The vet came over and inspected Pascal. "Yes his rear leg is broken, I don't think he will ever race again. If it doesn't get better, he will have to be put down."

I was broken hearted. I have hurt Pascal, and Max is going to hate me forever, I thought. Guilt came over me in waves.

Screenshot-2-11.jpg

For the next few days, we watched Pascal closely. He continued to get worse. The poor guy wouldn't eat much and when he did drink, it was only a little.

"I think it is time, Cecily." Max said softy. "He is only getting worse, and the longer we put it off the longer he suffers like this."

"Oh Max, I am so sorry, I should have never ridden him out into the street. How you must hate me!" I cried.

"Cecily, I do not hate you at all. If anything, I am the guilty one. I told you to take him into the street. You were content riding around the yard. I should have let you get more used to him. I knew you weren't the best horsewoman." he replied.

Screenshot-21-3.jpg

"I will never ride another horse again, I feel so terrible for what happened with poor Pascal. How will I look at him, when they come to put him down. I caused this." I feel to the ground crying.

Max joined me on the ground and said "We will get through this together Cecily. Together is the only way we will make it through."

I took his hand and said, "yes, we will do it together."

Screenshot-14-6.jpg

I called the vet and he came over that evening. It was the most terrible thing we had to do, look into his sweet eyes and say goodbye. "I am so sorry, Pascal. I think you tried to save me and got hit for your efforts. I wish I had never ridden you that day. I love you buddy."

I don't know what Max whispered to him, and I have never asked. We stepped aside to let the vet get to work. Poor Pascal was gone quickly and easily.

Screenshot-19-4.jpg

We buried him over by our fishing pond, with pretty flowers and an everlasting flame. We could see his final resting spot from our favorite parts of our home, the garden and pond. I think Pascal would have liked to know that we kept him close to our hearts.

Screenshot-22-3.jpg

As the months passed by, we fell into the sweet groove of life. I could tell Max missed riding, but he just didn't have the heart to replace Pascal yet.

Screenshot-23-3.jpg

I had been feeling sick for a few weeks when I decided to take a pregnancy test, I was shocked to discover I was expecting a baby. I wondered how Max would take the news?

Screenshot-25-2.jpg

Screenshot-27-2.jpg

More coming soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't use cc or pose player, so I am so happy with how this update turned out.
  • Options
    wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited June 2012
    Love the story. I'm bookmarking it so I can keep up with the updates :)
  • Options
    Catomatic15962Catomatic15962 Posts: 22
    edited June 2012
    I still love this story. I now added this to my favorites bar.