Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game keeps crashing

I start up my game and I might get to play for five minutes (if I'm lucky) before the screen goes black and I get one of two messages:
1. Sims has shut down, or
2. Graphics card has shut down.

I haven't updated to the 1.33 patch (after the fiasco with 1.32 cost me, I'm very wary). Everything worked yesterday, this just started today. I also noticed that one of my saved games is no longer in the launcher (it's still in the folder, along with the back up, but it doesn't show up for me to play).

I want to play Sims, and I'm very upset that this is happening. How can I fix it?

Comments

• Options
    Princess_ShadowPrincess_Shadow Posts: 199 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Join the club. SAME exact problem. I guess we'll have to wait for another patch, eh?
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited March 2012
    But it's not 1.33 for me. I haven't patched that high. I stopped at 1.31 after having to reinstall my game from a problem with 1.32. It just started today, and it's annoying me.
  • Options
    thequikysthequikys Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2012
    I haven't patched either and today I can't play, when I try to start its says that the Sims 3 has stopped working and Windows is looking for a fix but then it just closes and nothing. I bought 5 items today, 4 from the store and 1 from the daily deals I removed those thinking there might be something wrong with them but it still happens. Yesterday my game wasn't crashing like this, when I was playing my sims would freeze and then after a 30 seconds to a minute they would move again for about 10 seconds and then freeze. This makes me mad because of the money I have spent on it and they aren't fixing the problems.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    thequikys wrote:
    I haven't patched either and today I can't play, when I try to start its says that the Sims 3 has stopped working and Windows is looking for a fix but then it just closes and nothing. I bought 5 items today, 4 from the store and 1 from the daily deals I removed those thinking there might be something wrong with them but it still happens. Yesterday my game wasn't crashing like this, when I was playing my sims would freeze and then after a 30 seconds to a minute they would move again for about 10 seconds and then freeze. This makes me mad because of the money I have spent on it and they aren't fixing the problems.

That's annoying. I haven't bought anything today, but I did a day or so ago. All from the store. I just want this fixed.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Okay, I'm officially upset, and I DEMAND that someone helps. To update my crashing problem:

1. A full game of mine is now missing. It's in my saves folder, along with the back up, but not showing up in my launcher.

2. Hair and clothing I bought from the store as early as a day or so ago (and as late as months ago) are now missing from my game. I think a few bits of furniture is missing as well.

3. It will not allow me to age up any character.

4. NPCs are showing up with long names that start with GAMEPLAY. I think it's a file name since their actual name is at the end.

5. Things like washers that add gameplay are not working. I had one sim dump her clothes on the floor because she was unable to load an empty dryer. There was nothing blocking her.

After seeing this, I shut down my game for the night. I will be very DISPLEASED if I have to uninstall and reinstall AGAIN! What is going on with my game!
  • Options
    Bluedove3Bluedove3 Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    Same thing has happened to me. I want this fixed. I just had to reinstall all my sims games because I had to wipe my computer clean. So I have no files on it at all and I updated it to the 1.33 patch. Ever since then I can play for like five minutes and then it crashes with a black screen and then says Sims has stopped working. I also had the issue of my sims not being able to age up. I hate when this happens. They always seem to come out with new patches that fix certain things but then ruins main gameplay. It bugs me. Guess I have to wait however long it is for the new patch :(.
  • Options
    jinx76jinx76 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2012
    Same here. When I had showtime patched to 1.31 my game was working flawlessly. Now that I'm patched to 1.33 it keeps crashing after like 2 mins of game play or wont load at all. Effin brilliant, EA.

edit. its not mods b\c i use all nraas mods & they have been updated for 1.33. & i dont dl cc
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited March 2012
    Not sure if this will work for you but you can give it a try. I had a similar issue, the screen going black and an error message appearing. (Although let me note I do have the 1.33 update)

I removed all my Sims 3 games from the DEP list, then re-added them, one by one, first I added, Sims3.exe, then S3Launcher then Sims3Launcher.

I then restarted my computer.

I have also ended some tasks in the task manager, which I was told to do by customer service.

I have now put the game so it plays in WINDOWS MODE. And (so far) it hasn't crashed.

I have also disabled memory notification, lessons and shop mode.

I also have Origin opened in the task bar, and I am playing in Origin mode (whatever that means, I pressed Showtime from the games that showed up in Origin and it loaded the Launcher)

Not sure if that is a solution though, because it sometimes goes hours without crashing then randomly crashes. (BUT this is an improvement to what I was having since the update, crashing within seconds of live mode)