Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Screenshots Problem

markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
So yah.. I know this has definitely been posted here A LOT of times already... but really, nothing has been done with the issue:

When we mac users take screenshots using the one in-game, nothing gets saved to the "Screenshots" folder. Videos get recorded, but not screenshots.

Please! Someone! A guru! Help us! It's really a pain that I need to use my mac's screenshot option every time I need to showcase my lots, then crop them coz my unit can't handle running on full screen with full settings. It actually broke my mac's fan last time coz it ran so long and I don't want that to happen again.

PLEASE! :cry:

Comments

• Options
    SnowyMist7SnowyMist7 Posts: 135
    edited March 2012
    Same! The game only saves the first screenshot I take when I start a new game, but after that, not even videos are saved. Also, when I do have screenshots in the launcher, they won't upload no matter what I do!!! This is really detrimental to someone who wants to tell stories and use those screenshots!
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited March 2012
    Running the game on a 2011 iMac with Lion, same issue. I've reinstalled a few times and nothing seems to fix it. Only problem is that the free cam mode doesn't cut out some of the icons like the ones that point to where your job location or base camp is, otherwise I'd be fine with the screen capture workaround.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bump. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I just upgraded my mac to 8 GB so everything runs smoothly now and I found a free app called instantShot and it let's you take photos of a part of your screen consecutively, so my life just became easier. :XD: There's no way anyway that EA will ever address this issue! :evil:
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've got the same issue. Since june, I think.
    I don't get the idea guru's ever read the mac forum.
  • Options
    MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2012
    I didn't know about the issue until I had taken a whole bunch of screenshots and went to find them in the folder and there were none. I wish they'd fix it.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited March 2012
    markydee wrote:
    I found a free app called instantShot and it let's you take photos of a part of your screen consecutively, so my life just became easier.

Hold down CMD + Shift + 4? Or CMD + Shift + 3 and then use Preview to crop?

It's disgusting that EA haven't bothered fixing this yet. It doesn't happen in the Windows partition on my Mac.

We are so 'beloved' aren't we......
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    mysimBrendamysimBrenda Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am on a 2011 iMac and have never had said problems. Not even when I was on a 2009 iMac. I guess no two Macs are alike.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @Bluebell, yup. that's what I used to do. And it was PAINFUL. :cry: thank goodness for the app i found.

@mysimBrenda. lucky you. :mrgreen: but may be because I'm on a Macbook Pro (mid2010) that's why I'm having these issues. :(
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am on 2009 MacBook and I don't have this problems either, my screenshots are saving just fine. How weird that it only affects some Mac users.
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited March 2012
    Urgh, it's affecting all my Macs, two 15" MBPs (2009 & 2011, both running Lion) and a 2007 iMac, running Snow Leopard. Wonder if it's a region thing?

Edit - Wibs, you're Region 2 too aren't you?

Makes no sense to me, but then nothing EA related ever does.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    tinydancer114tinydancer114 Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2012
    Urgh, it's affecting all my Macs, two 15" MBPs (2009 & 2011, both running Lion) and a 2007 iMac, running Snow Leopard. Wonder if it's a region thing?

Edit - Wibs, you're Region 2 too aren't you?

Makes no sense to me, but then nothing EA related ever does.

Just an FYI: Screenshot option in-game works fine on both my Macs (one iMac and one MacBook Pro both on Snow Leopard). I'm in the UK. :?

• Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2012
    Mac Os 10.6.8
    when I press C key to take a screenshot in game, it create a new empty 'Documents' folder in Macintosh HD (First level of the system)?!
    in this Documents folder there is another folder: Electronic Arts, then another The Sims 3 folder, then an empty Screenshots folder!
    BUT my game is located in Users/My Name/Documents/Electronic Arts/…
    So when I take a screenshot it works, but after I can play and game crash!
    Someone have this empty Documents folder created in another place when you take screenshots :?: it seems the game does not understand how Mac OS is organizing?

27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4