The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What IS really so great about TS3's 'open' neighbourhood?

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    Evil_One wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Everyone plays TS differently and that's nice. For me though, I am absolutely fine playing the game just the way it is. I use no MODS/CC. I wonder who else enjoys a vanilla game?

But yes as I do say, there is "always" room for improvement.

You use no mods or CC?, how do you keep it running?

EA's dodgy coding will see your towns fill with extra cars and excessive amounts of surplus memories.

If anyone can play the game fully modded with CC and then go back to vanilla and enjoy it...I could only say, wow. But if they haven't they might not have an idea what they are missing. Then again it might be better they don't know if they have no desire to manage the stuff.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2012
    Evil_One wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Everyone plays TS differently and that's nice. For me though, I am absolutely fine playing the game just the way it is. I use no MODS/CC. I wonder who else enjoys a vanilla game?

EA's dodgy coding will see your towns fill with extra cars and excessive amounts of surplus memories.

I do notice that my sims will gain a car that I did not purchase them, and I notice that cars will get stuck on the road sometimes and I have to cheat to delete it. I do not know about townies because I rarely play sims other than ones I create. In my game/computer it is not much of an issue to the point where the game is almost unplayable. Yet it is still annoying and the programming definitely needs to be tweaked to fix it.

As far as memories, I do not notice any problems I am having concerning it or since installing GEN.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited January 2012
    bshag4lv wrote:
    @CK, I can see that you have put in mega work to your games, and it shows...the makeovers you do are amazing, but I'm just not that motivated. :lol: I expect EA do make amazing things from the git-go and I guess that's asking too much. At this point I think asking that things don't break previous things is too much and that's why I'm stopping at Pets for awhile. :?

I decided to go play s2 for awhile and discover what the sims are missing. This is very depressing for me...don't get me wrong, I loved the s2 gameplay and that's why I'm reinstalling, it just I had such high hopes for sims3 and with the glitches, bugs, having to use ctl/alt/del just to quit the game, I'm caving and going back to 2. (I can't even imagine how ppl cope with not even being able to play their game.) How I'll miss the open neighborhoods, matching furniture and clothes, shoes, traits...and I directly blame EA for my depression. :(

I sincerely hope ST is great for the simmers who are still harboring a feeling of this'll be a really great ep...I hope so for their sake. :)

Just don't leave the forums m'kay?
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited January 2012
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:

I do notice that my sims will gain a car that I did not purchase them, and I notice that cars will get stuck on the road sometimes and I have to cheat to delete it. I do not know about townies because I rarely play sims other than ones I create. In my game/computer it is not much of an issue to the point where the game is almost unplayable. Yet it is still annoying and the programming definitely needs to be tweaked to fix it.

As far as memories, I do not notice any problems I am having concerning it or since installing GEN.

Eventually, the load times for your neighbourhood will increase and you game will start to suffer from save corruption, eventually the whole savegame will break down and become unplayable.

The only way I know to combat this process is to use Twallen's overwatch mod, it helps keep the game maintained and in working order.
    raw
  • Options
    TheMiktigerTheMiktiger Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited January 2012
    ehh, unneeded. Apology on page 17.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    tumblr_ndvjzeK7pL1qcbk34o7_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited January 2012
    excuse my charisma for a second, i just have to say something.

Evil_One, you are shoving it down people's throats that this game is glitched and awful.

Please, stop trying to change people's minds on a game. Like seriously, if someone likes a game, who are YOU to tell them that that game is awful? You're nothing in their life.

And honestly, you're just coming off as a very rude person with no manners remotely.

/anger

Yup, and I think this game is awesome. And nobodies gonna change my opinion. :)

Says the person who came into a discussion thread with an even more rude manorism. I don't see evil shoving anything down anyone's throat at all. For one there is a button that says back on your browser. No one is forcing you to agree, or disagree with her. No one is forcing you to even read what she has to say. Your anger towards her is invalid as this is a discussion between people who find the game appealing and those who do not. Evil certainly has not bashed anyone for liking the way sims functions glitches and all. At the very least Deshong did say that sims 3 does have bugs though she still enjoyed playing the game and that the game had rooms for improvement.

She isn't blinded by her love for the game that she can't understand why someone dislikes it. If you cannot handle a discussion simply don't participate. Good for you that you like the game. In my opinion i don't like sims 3 an you aren't goint to change that either no player is. The only person/persons will make me like sims 3 is EA when they start implementing the type of gameplay that appeals to me. Don't worry i don't buy any of their games since late night because of the disappointment i feel towards this game. However as long as i can im going to give my thoughts about the game because the dev's read this forum and i want them to know why EA will not get my money.

If anyone wants to add EA doesn't care if they lose one customer. That maybe true but they haven't lost just one customer. No they went from 1million strong for the eps of sims 2 to 600,000 strong for sims 3 for its eps. That is a huge drop in my book and shows that the fanbase is very split on what it prefers for sims 3 games. With every new ep more and more join those ranks of going to sims 2 because they are tired of high prices and less gameplay along with huge glitches in game. Or if your like ck213 having to go through leaps and bounds to make their game worth playing. So no it's not just a small number of us that are going through this, and EA if they want those sales back better figure out something or consider the series over. I don't know about you but any game that has a continued decrease in sales is not going to last long. Eventually the CEO is going to pull the plug on it.

I know for sims 4 when it comes out i will not be running to go buy it, until i know they have upped not only the quality of the base game but also the ep's that come out. I will not make the mistake again of wasting my money on an expensive game that provide the gameplay of a barbie build/buy dream house video game. No i do not want to build my dream house i want to play the game you sold me a life simlation game.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thank you Anavastia!

TS3 is definitely glitched and bugged, and that's not a matter of opinion (just ask MAC Pets users).

Awful IS a matter of opinion and I don't strictly think that TS3 is awful, it's a game that has massive potential which is repeatedly wasted.
    raw
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited January 2012

Evil_One, you are shoving it down people's throats that this game is glitched and awful.

Please, stop trying to change people's minds on a game. Like seriously, if someone likes a game, who are YOU to tell them that that game is awful? You're nothing in their life.

And honestly, you're just coming off as a very rude person with no manners remotely.

/anger

Evil_One isn't the one being rude, and I don't think anyone here really cares about changing your opinion. Most of us are here because we don't want the series to die and we're trying to get EA to make improvements. That's what feedback is all about. :wink:

• Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited January 2012
    I like TS3. It has its ups and downs. I do miss aspects of TS2 and there does appear to be some kind of flare missing in TS3. Can't quite put my finger on it but I do like the open world. I have tried to go back to TS2 and I just couldn't do it. I like being able to send my Sims to different places in the community and be able to switch among family members without a loading screen or having them be frozen in time. I can send one to the club, another to visit a friend's home and switch between the two of them. That is a nice feature.

There are a lot of nice features in TS3 that I enjoy and feel I could not do without especially in the building department. I can build a lot easier. TS3 made it so less talented builders like myself can put together a half decent home or community lot for my sims. The game is not perfect by far and neither was TS2. In truth, none of these games ever are for fans. We all want different things and enjoy different things and play differently. But for what TS3 is...its not that bad and not quite worth the degrading insults toward the development and gameplay...at least not from my standpoint anyway.

It would be weird if TS4 went backwards by not having an open world. I think if some players are wishing for that...disappointment is a surety.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I can't imagine that the game devs would dump the open world in TS4. I'm just hoping that they focus more on the Sims and their graphics, animations, interactions, personalities, etc. in TS4 than the open town. I think better Sims would benefit most of us, even though we have different play styles.

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,399 Member
    edited January 2012
    MiloBean wrote:
    bshag4lv wrote:
    @CK, I can see that you have put in mega work to your games, and it shows...the makeovers you do are amazing, but I'm just not that motivated. :lol: I expect EA do make amazing things from the git-go and I guess that's asking too much. At this point I think asking that things don't break previous things is too much and that's why I'm stopping at Pets for awhile. :?

I decided to go play s2 for awhile and discover what the sims are missing. This is very depressing for me...don't get me wrong, I loved the s2 gameplay and that's why I'm reinstalling, it just I had such high hopes for sims3 and with the glitches, bugs, having to use ctl/alt/del just to quit the game, I'm caving and going back to 2. (I can't even imagine how ppl cope with not even being able to play their game.) How I'll miss the open neighborhoods, matching furniture and clothes, shoes, traits...and I directly blame EA for my depression. :(

I sincerely hope ST is great for the simmers who are still harboring a feeling of this'll be a really great ep...I hope so for their sake. :)

Just don't leave the forums m'kay?
    Aww, thanks Milo...nope, it's my entertainment in the mornings when I'm drinking coffee. Plus i have too many friends here in the forum just to go away. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    Says the person who came into a discussion thread with an even more rude manorism.
    Mannerism, not manorism. Manor is a house.
    Sorry, grammar freak... moving on.
    Anavastia wrote:
    She isn't blinded by her love for the game that she can't understand why someone dislikes it. If you cannot handle a discussion simply don't participate.

Mother of god...

Number uno, I'm not 'blinded by the love of the game that I can't understand how someone dislikes it'. Wherever you got that CRAZY idea, I don't even know. I can understand why someone else dislikes it, as long as they back up their reasoning, and not something like 'OMFGZ TS3 SUCKS', because that has no reasoning. And that is honestly how a lot of people complain about the game. Sad really, that's honestly how children complain, grammatically incorrect children.

Number tres, I'm not even in this 'discussion'. I'm just stating my observation of some people's behavior.

number cinco, actually, you know what? That's all I'll say to that one.
    Anavastia wrote:
    Or if your like ck213 having to go through leaps and bounds to make their game worth playing.

Jumping to conclusions there aren't ya there missy/sir! I have like 1 or two mods, and those aren't to fix glitches, they just add extra careers.
    And I don't 'go through leaps and bounds to make my game worth playing', I could honestly just play a no CC/mod base game and still be satisfied playing it.
    Anavastia wrote:
    So no it's not just a small number of us that are going through this.

Agreed on that, a lot of people have been complaining lately.
    Anavastia wrote:
    Eventually the CEO is going to pull the plug on it.
    Very, very, very, VERY doubtful. As long as they make at least some profit out of this series, they will milk it for all it's worth.

Well, that was quite entertaining. But I must say, you all make some good points about people abandoning the game for TS2. So you know, kudos for that, I guess.

EDIT- Just want to add, I kind of find it humorous, that Evil_One says she does not support the game, won't play it, etc. but still has every EP and SP. What, did it take you 9 games to realize you disliked it? :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    EDIT- Just want to add, I kind of find it humorous, that Evil_One says she does not support the game, won't play it, etc. but still has every EP and SP. What, did it take you 9 games to realize you disliked it?

Really, where did I say I did not support the game?

I don't play it, but still collect it (that's what being a collector is all about you know).

But I haven't ever said I don't support the Sims series!

If anything it is EA that doesn't support the game, and that's where most of the complaints come from!
    raw
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Evil_One wrote:

I don't play it, but still collect it (that's what being a collector is all about you know).

If anything it is EA that doesn't support the game, and that's where most of the complaints come from!

Well, you know common sense can go a long way. Saying you won't play it and such kind of assumes to not supporting it.
    And I said Sims 3, not the Sims series in general.

And yeah, I'm still confused why you collect something you will never use, or has possible value to it.
    Ehh, to each is to own I guess.

That kind of sums up this whole thread in those like, five words. :P
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    Evil_One wrote:

Well, you know common sense can go a long way. Saying you won't play it and such kind of assumes to not supporting it.
    And I said Sims 3, not the Sims series in general.

And yeah, I'm still confused why you collect something you will never use, or has possible value to it.
    Ehh, to each is to own I guess.

That kind of sums up this whole thread in those like, five words. :P

are you kidding me ?
    are you one of those trolls that likes to start drama ?
    evil definatly does NOT ! live up to her name she's never jammed anything down anyones throats and i've never had problems with her .
    if you dont like her opinion thats fine but this thread isnt about you or changing your opinion and it never was its about the open neighborhood so if you dont like it and cant handle mature discussions then please just stop commenting.
    i get where she is coming from i'm a sims fan from day one and hate seeing it go out like this and supporting the sims series is supporting sims 3 hello same company ,same name, same simulation concept.

and you sit here talking about common sense get some yourself what part of she's a collector dont you understand?
    she has every right to purchase what she wants and its non of your concern if she plays the games or not just leave it alone and quit trying to start little petty drama over nothing.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited January 2012
    1. I don't care how i spelled mannerisms you Miktiger are still the one being rude. Many times people who like to flame and troll will go after any mistake someone can make in order to not admit when they are in the wrong. Belittling my comment by being a Grammar **** isn't going to change what i said. You were the one that was rude not Evil.

2. We've been discussing through this thread and your first attack to Evil was to say she was trying to force people to change their minds on sims. For as long as i have seen Evil post she has never come into a thread and said EA sucks. She has always had a valid reason for stating how she felt and evidence to back it up. Again you are rude, i always find the person to name call is actually the one that needs to take a strong look in the mirror. So far the only childish behavoir i've seen in this thread has been the person that mentioned it first.

3. The moment you stated your observation in this thread you participated in the discussion. Not participating would have involved you not posting but instead keeping your rude comments to yourself.

4. Again what conclusion am i jumping to again that is my feelings of sims 3 in general. I listed categories that i do not fall into. You must fall into atleast one, you are either a. a casual gamer, b. a creative design/build player or c. a person who mods their game to make it function in the way that you want. d. i am a hardcore gamer e. i only play games for their challenges. If you are not a person that is like ck213 than i guess that category doesn't fit you does it. Moving on.

5. Oh it's not just complaints EA is in fact losing sales on this version of the series.

6. If you didn't read i said eventually. Meaning if the sales are continually going down in the same pattern as it has been, and they cannot get them to do an about face or even stagger. Eventually the series will have to end, why well what happens when sales decline too far, it means eventually the game will lose profits not gain. I certainly didn't give it a time frame of when i thought this would occur.

7. Most collectors collect things they do not use for hobby purposes. Though i only buy the games I enjoy as i don't like feeding my money into what i feel are shady business practices by big corporations. I feel EA has gotten to comfortable with the idea that anyone will buy anything no matter how they produce it. Nope they won't be getting my money unless they can improve the quality of this game.

8. On topic, I do not think getting rid of the open neighborhood is the solution to bring up the quality of the game. However i do understand some of what Evil is saying. That is was it worth losing the amount of gameplay and creativity to play the concept of an open neighborhood? Of course i am going to say no it was not worth it. However I am going to say that i do not think we lost that play because of the open neighborhood. I believe it was lost because of EA's steady patterns of doing faulty business practices and ruining their game series. They have been doing this since the late 80's and it still has not proven financially strong for EA in the longterm. Their steady loss of profits over the last 3 years is a good sign that after a long time of abusing an entertainment system that has no laws to protect consumers, is a sign that fans from all over their games are getting fed up.

They're are notorious for absorbing a game series. Then changing it to market what their statistics say is marketable. This in return instead of bringing in more players causes them to lose the players that they have. Why do you suppose that happens because people play the game for certain purposes take that away, change it, drift from the recipe and people will not buy the game. We don't buy sims for rpg gameplay, or social network game play now do we. No we purchase sims because we want a sandbox life simulator, that functions in the manner of a toy. Meaning sims is more than just a virtual doll house. It is the only game that has the potential and capacity to accomodate the many different playstyles on this forum. To continually repeat the same mistakes as a corporation over the years, until the series is dead in the ground is just sad. Eventually they will run out of gaming companies to absorb, why because no one will want to be labeled with a company that has a bad reputation like EA. They know this why else do you think they're making sure the companies they absorb retain their labels. Then they ponder over why their failed marketing tatics don't work in an entertainment series. I'll tell you way because sims is not a SARALEE pie, not a can of beans, not even a freaking ipod. It is suppose to be a unique game, and it is losing everything that is unique about it.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    Says the person who came into a discussion thread with an even more rude manorism.
    Mannerism, not manorism. Manor is a house.
    Sorry, grammar freak... moving on.
    Anavastia wrote:
    She isn't blinded by her love for the game that she can't understand why someone dislikes it. If you cannot handle a discussion simply don't participate.

Mother of god...

Number uno, I'm not 'blinded by the love of the game that I can't understand how someone dislikes it'. Wherever you got that CRAZY idea, I don't even know. I can understand why someone else dislikes it, as long as they back up their reasoning, and not something like 'OMFGZ TS3 SUCKS', because that has no reasoning. And that is honestly how a lot of people complain about the game. Sad really, that's honestly how children complain, grammatically incorrect children.

Number tres, I'm not even in this 'discussion'. I'm just stating my observation of some people's behavior.

number cinco, actually, you know what? That's all I'll say to that one.
    Anavastia wrote:
    Or if your like ck213 having to go through leaps and bounds to make their game worth playing.

Jumping to conclusions there aren't ya there missy/sir! I have like 1 or two mods, and those aren't to fix glitches, they just add extra careers.
    And I don't 'go through leaps and bounds to make my game worth playing', I could honestly just play a no CC/mod base game and still be satisfied playing it.
    Anavastia wrote:
    So no it's not just a small number of us that are going through this.

Agreed on that, a lot of people have been complaining lately.
    Anavastia wrote:
    Eventually the CEO is going to pull the plug on it.
    Very, very, very, VERY doubtful. As long as they make at least some profit out of this series, they will milk it for all it's worth.

Well, that was quite entertaining. But I must say, you all make some good points about people abandoning the game for TS2. So you know, kudos for that, I guess.

EDIT- Just want to add, I kind of find it humorous, that Evil_One says she does not support the game, won't play it, etc. but still has every EP and SP. What, did it take you 9 games to realize you disliked it? :lol:

TheMiktiger, if you like TS3 and the open neighborhood so much, try telling us what you like about it and why. Usually when I see people just say "it's awesome" it's because they can't give any in-depth reasons why. It makes me think they are just blinded by the superficial graphics of the environment and the open world concept, but they've never really looked too closely at the Sims or the actual gameplay.

If all you can do is blast others for their opinions, grammatical mistakes, and which games they own, it just makes you look like a troll.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited January 2012

Have you ever taken the time to notice that EvilOne had created a very productive petition regarding changes in the game?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/50930.page

This isn't some unintelligible "ranting" - these issues that so many are bringing up are because of the money and time spent with this series.

There are mods out there that actually fix issues - by those not employed by EA and they are definitely not making money off of the game (though they should be) - you want to talk about it not being a "glitchy" game - if it wasn't, there would be no need for these things.

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2012
    I have all TS3 EP's and SP's to date. Since TS I have played the game the way it is as well as TS2. All games have glitches so that is never an issue with me, however all I expect is for the game to run as intended for the most part.

So far I am not having any major issues with the game where I cannot play or save correctly, etc. Not to say that will not happen but as of now the game for me is running rather smoothly besides some minor glitches that are not game breaking but nonetheless annoying.

Even if I ever run into a problem in the future where my game is not working and it is on EA's behalf, as a customer I and others will help see to it that there will be a fix. I am sure in time, there will be fixes because EA, like any other company have an obligation to fix their products that they release that are not working correctly as they advertise. At least if they still want to stay in business that is. Believe me, there would not be much of a fanbase if they never fixed any of their broken content.

Those who use MODS/CC, some issues may relate to the 3rd party content they use. Some issues deal with having an insufficient computer to run the game. Some issues are solely glitches from the developers part. And I do not know if this is true or false but I hear that some computers are just not compatible with some games regardless if it is the best and exceeds minimum requirements.

Since 2000, I have been running a decent game that works as it should for the most part.

Some play TS3 only using MODS/CC.
    Some play TS3 only using Official Items.

It does not matter how you play, if it satisfies you than good.

My point being, I am fine with the way I play. No MODS/CC, just official items. I do not expect things to be perfect in a game because I know for a fact that it never will be. All I expect is the game to run as smooth as possible. I am also very patient, sometimes there are no instant fix for some of the glitches. Whether that be because they are still working on it and need more time or they are not yet aware of the issue.

I understand that sometimes animating and creating a game can be complicated, however I am sure very fun and rewarding too.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,378 Member
    edited January 2012

/anger

Well, Mr. Tiger, it seems to me that you are the one shoving your opinion down our throats, not Evil.

I see you are a relative noob, from the date of you joining, so wait a while.
    See how you feel later.

Many of us have been playing the sims for years and years. We have a lot of simming to compare this game with the past ones and find this game to be lacking in many ways. Yet, in some ways, it is great! So that's why we are on this section of the forum, to let EA know that if they change or add some of things we have become accustomed to in past games, then perhaps we would enjoy it more and in turn, they would make more money, as it might bring back many of the simmers who have moved on. If not for ts3, than we are hoping for a better 4.

Yes, I too am playing ts2, but do pick up 3 now and again, and yes, I too am a collector and have each and every game thus far.

Please tell us what it is you love so much about the game, as Darkraven said. Give yourself some credibility, rather than act like a troll.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It seems that miktiger got a thorough round of opinions, lol.
    And rightfully so. Miktiger, you came into Evil's thread, she didn't come into yours.
    Also, as a grammar freak you should probably know to capitalize your 'I' as well as the first word of every sentence. I don't think you can begin a sentence with 'and' either.
    I'm pretty sure I could find some more mistakes, but I'm not much interested other than a casual comb over one post. I can imagine the others are just as shabby.
    Anyway, were you gonna say something about the topic or did you just come in to badger Evil?

Back to topic:

My opinion is that the open neighborhood is pretty worthless unless your town is full of nectarholics. Drinking is pretty much all they can do.
    I also prefer loading time to time spent staring at the outside of a restaurant.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    lol, I like how if I speak my mind I am automatically deemed a troll. Ouh internet, you so crazy.

@christine400
    Not trolling, and not trying to start drama. Honestly, I can't even find a way respond to that post. Also, searched your posts, I see you have a very large number of posts involving badmouthing, so yeah. ^-^

@Anavastia
    You make very valid points, I applaud you on that. *golf clap*
    But please, I know what those stars are supposed to mean and that is very offensive as a person in a Jewish family, though I myself am not (Atheism FTW!). Meaning, it is reported for vulgar language. That is honestly a word worse than the 'C' word to me. Adding to that, how would you not care that you used the wrong 'manor'? Homonyms can be confusing at times though, so you know, makes sense.

@darkraven1753
    I can give MANY reasons why this game, and the open town are awesome. I can't be bothered to list them, as it would be VERY, VERY long. I also never 'blasted' anyone darlin'. :wink:

@windweaver
    Just because I have a semi newish account doesn't mean I'm new to the series. I've played Sims 1 with all EP's and SP's, same for Sims 2, TSM + P&N, and played a decent amount of console port games. So, no. I am not new.

@MiloBean
    OH SWEET UNBORN BABY JESUS, SOME COMEDY.
    Wow, great points. You're very level-headed and such. You're probably the only poster who didn't roid-rage back at me stating something. *gives full applause*
    Yeah, I probably should not have posted that comment. Although, it was a very interesting social experiment I found myself in.
    Adding to that, I had a post earlier on my opinion on this thread somewhere earlier. I just posted for the second time because I noticed more things worth stating.
    About the starting sentences with 'and', I've always been awful at run-on sentences, so I tend to do that a decent amount. It's just easy, even though it's horribly wrong. And(AGHHH) my shift key is wonky, and I usually don't read over my post for capitalization, but I should add that to the list.
    Adding even more, I like how you said it was her thread, for some reason it reminded me of West Side Story, oh what an amazing movie.
    It was like stepping on someone's home turf, all their followers ready to attack, and that's exactly what happened.

But if it makes Evil and his followers feel better, I apologize for jumping to conclusions on you, and I am sorry for that. Also, you're avi is hauntingly beautiful. She's very pretty. If the exchange wasn't being screwy for me right now, I would rec it, but I will when it works again. :wink:
    And with that, I bid you all farewell. Sorry again Evil, hope you all don't hate me now for a tiny post.

SWEET DEAD GOD THIS WAS A LONG POST.
    I now leave you all with a gif describing my emotions.
    34j6614.gif
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited January 2012
    lol, I like how if I speak my mind I am automatically deemed a troll. Ouh internet, you so crazy.

You started your opening salvo off by acting just like I do when I go in armed for a heavy argument... only, you went in without justification and completely unarmed to actually properly respond to challenges. People put up with it from me to a degree because, usually, I have some logical basis for my arguments and opening posts, even if my logic is wrong. In your case, you really haven't shown a single bit of logical basis for how you entered.

Evil was not shoving her opinion down the throats of others, and people were accusing you of acting like a troll because, frankly, you're kinda acting a bit like Innuendo does on one of his good days. Innuendo could become a productive member of these forums if he just made the effort, so it's not like I'm comparing you to someone who is just a complete and utter disruption. But, meh.
    @christine400
    Not trolling, and not trying to start drama. Honestly, I can't even find a way respond to that post. Also, searched your posts, I see you have a very large number of posts involving badmouthing, so yeah. ^-^

And yet, you actively started drama, and here you are admitting you can't reply to her post in any logical manner. Yet, you're using an ad hominem attack against her as your only defense. You're not doing very well in proving you're not a troll.
    @Anavastia
    You make very valid points, I applaud you on that. *golf clap*
    But please, I know what those stars are supposed to mean and that is very offensive as a person in a Jewish family, though I myself am not (Atheism FTW!). Meaning, it is reported for vulgar language. That is honestly a word worse than the 'C' word to me. Adding to that, how would you not care that you used the wrong 'manor'? Homonyms can be confusing at times though, so you know, makes sense.

History class must have utterly sucked for you when they hit World War 2 then. Or when they pointed out that, for all of his faults, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is actually someone who should be studied closely; his ability to manipulate a crowd and the combination of charisma and propaganda he used is near-genius in its application. Thus, we have to study what he said and how he said it in detail if we ever wish to prevent another like him from rising.

Also, noting the only thing you could argue with Anavastia on is her use of a common term that, by itself, is not actually offensive (sorry, your playing of the offense card is, itself, a logical fallacy in this case) and the issue over whether or not she spelled something correctly.

Another tick for the troll column.
    @darkraven1753
    I can give MANY reasons why this game, and the open town are awesome. I can't be bothered to list them, as it would be VERY, VERY long. I also never 'blasted' anyone darlin'. :wink:

And here you outright lie. You blasted Evil in your first post of the current convo on this thread, which you deleted but can easily be seen quoted in full in other posts, and you say you have reasons... which you apparently can't list, leading to the obvious conclusion that you're lying about that as well.

Another tick for the troll column.
    @windweaver
    Just because I have a semi newish account doesn't mean I'm new to the series. I've played Sims 1 with all EP's and SP's, same for Sims 2, TSM + P&N, and played a decent amount of console port games. So, no. I am not new.

Prove it. It should be easy enough.
    @MiloBean
    OH SWEET UNBORN BABY JESUS, SOME COMEDY.
    Wow, great points. You're very level-headed and such. You're probably the only poster who didn't roid-rage back at me stating something. *gives full applause*
    Yeah, I probably should not have posted that comment. Although, it was a very interesting social experiment I found myself in.
    Adding to that, I had a post earlier on my opinion on this thread somewhere earlier. I just posted for the second time because I noticed more things worth stating.
    About the starting sentences with 'and', I've always been awful at run-on sentences, so I tend to do that a decent amount. It's just easy, even though it's horribly wrong. And(AGHHH) my shift key is wonky, and I usually don't read over my post for capitalization, but I should add that to the list.
    Adding even more, I like how you said it was her thread, for some reason it reminded me of West Side Story, oh what an amazing movie.
    It was like stepping on someone's home turf, all their followers ready to attack, and that's exactly what happened.

And you post flame-bait with the roid-rage comment. Yet another tick in the troll column.

Also, it's not actually improper English to start a sentence with "and" as long as the sentence is not obviously a continuation of a previous sentence or is breaking up a very long sentence for issues of readability.
    But if it makes Evil and his followers feel better, I apologize for jumping to conclusions on you, and I am sorry for that. Also, you're avi is hauntingly beautiful. She's very pretty. If the exchange wasn't being screwy for me right now, I would rec it, but I will when it works again. :wink:
    And with that, I bid you all farewell. Sorry again Evil, hope you all don't hate me now for a tiny post.

Last I knew, Evil was a she. I might be wrong; I don't ask on these matters, as it's none of my business unless I accidentally offend.

So, overall...

4 ticks in the troll column. Enough to say you're trolling, but not enough to say you were actually a full troll based on just your posting on here alone. And since regular posters can troll without being trolls, it's not evidence to convict you of being a troll. Conclusion: Not a troll.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

I've played Sims 1 with all EP's and SP's...

I'm still looking for those Sims 1 sp's. :lol:
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2012
    TanyaRubirose, you were doing great until that last bit. If it acts like a troll, and quacks like a troll, then it's a troll! Even if it does think it is a comedienne instead. :wink:

And now, can the grown-ups please get back to this very intesting discussion? I pretty much check this thread every day because a lot of people are saying some very perceptive things, and in general putting words to my general disatisfaction with TS3. Even if I still prefer it over TS2. :-)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!