The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims 3 Pets expansion pack worth it?

I'm considering buying the new expansion pack since I only have the base game, and if I'm going to spend an extra $40 on a game I might as well enjoy it. Is it worth it, or is there some other expansion pack I should buy instead?

Comments

• Options
    ClarkFamilySimsClarkFamilySims Posts: 830 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I think Pets is by far my favorite so far! (and I own them all) Now is that because it is new? Could be, but I don't think so! I love the horses they are worth the $40 alone in my option.

My husband has not played for quite some time is playing again just from watching me play from the side lines. He is a basic player and not much on using any of the features from the expansion however he is playing the Pets and loving! :)

I give it a FULL 5 stars! And would RUN and buy it again if I didn't already have it! :)

So get it and start having LOTS of fun with Pets!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2011
    Definitely - plays great and is tons of fun. Like the other poster said - the horses are the best.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PrettyChemicalPrettyChemical Posts: 203
    edited November 2011
    Mmm atm no i would wait till the patch has been released so you dont accur any problems...
  • Options
    KenMoKenMo Posts: 240
    edited November 2011
    The expansion it a lot of fun, if you can run it. Before buying I highly suggest you look through the supported graphics cards and make sure yours works. Also do some looking around and make sure you have good enough specs to run it well.
  • Options
    Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited November 2011
    As KenMo said, please make sure that your computer will run the EP.

If, however, it can't, other great EP's are NightLife and Generations. I mean, they all add a great deal to the game, but those are the players choice as it would appear.
    259g3le.gif
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited November 2011
    Since you have no other expansion packs, I'd say yes, go for it. It's my favorite so far. I have them all and I will honestly say I don't use any of them but pets. IF it weren't for some of the furniture items and such, I'd uninstall all the other packs and only use pets.

Pets does have some issues right now, but if your graphics card is supported, I'd definitely say get it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, I should add I have a great gaming computer - with a high end video card and 8 gigs of high speed gaming ram. So it may be why it is so much fun for me as most of the problems people do complain of having with Pets i don't have at all. I don't have anything that doesn't work. My pets have fluffy fur and do not get turned into aliens. At least that is what some pets look like in pics here from people using chipset and low end graphics card or pcs with slow processors and not enough ram.

Pets uses the most resources of any of the Sims 3 games, even more than the base game, so if you don't have a really good pc and video card, like the others say let Pets wait and any of the others are great.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Bailey01Bailey01 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I also pre-ordered on line -- Sims 3 Pets, but couldn't download it when it came out. Desperate to play, I bought the CD from Target, installed it, and tried to play Pets. In create, can't change the pet's head, just the color of the fur. Frustrating. Have spent almost 80 dollars on Sims 3 Pets, and still can't use it. Can someone help here? Where can I find the right patch to download, not one that will mess up my game even further?
  • Options
    Silverwing9Silverwing9 Posts: 21
    edited November 2011
    I agree with PrettyChemical, wait for the patch maybe. If you want to know if you can even run the game, use this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
    it works like a charm. Make sure to run both Pets and the Basegame since EA changed the basegame requirements.