May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About The CC Fix At TSR

I know that this tool fixes both simpack and package files but I was wondering if it will also work on merged package files?

I read on a thread that someone attempted to convert a merged package file but hadn't yet play-tested it in game. I'd like to know since I have several merged files and would like to avoid having to re-merge them if I can.

So has anyone attempted this and had it work?
14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm on my way to work--ugh--but I'll check back later.

If anyone has tried this, please let me know. :-)
  • Options
    CloudwalkerNZCloudwalkerNZ Posts: 1,343 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Darkling wrote:

Sorry just got the EP yesterday and have been installing it so I haven't try this myself. But from the threads on MTS and TSR, the fix does work on combined package but you need to be careful regarding the size of the file. I try it later with my collection of FP cars later and let you know how it goes. Unless someone bet me to it :mrgreen:
  • Options
    nedswifenedswife Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi Darkling :) Yes it works. I have about 20 mods packaged into one and the ones I used so far are working, I have elevatorvery fast, toddlersstandincas, mods to speed up inventing etc, and I haven't tried all of them, but about 5 that I do use I know have worked and they are all merged into the one package. I have about 5 pose packages merged into one file and they all work too.
  • Options
    CloudwalkerNZCloudwalkerNZ Posts: 1,343 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Darkling wrote:

Sorry just got the EP yesterday and have been installing it so I haven't try this myself. But from the threads on MTS and TSR, the fix does work on combined package but you need to be careful regarding the size of the file. I try it later with my collection of FP cars later and let you know how it goes. Unless someone bet me to it :mrgreen:

LOL just tested it with my collections of FP cars about 32 of them in one big package. They all seems to work. The animation is ok as well. So TSR did a good job. :thumbup:

PS the fix also fixes ccs in a lot as well. But I have yet to try that. I would save a lot of time if you have furniture and build objects in your download folders. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited October 2011
    can some1 make a link to the fix, please
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Had a crazy day at work and am finally getting a chance to check this.

Thank you Cloudwalker and nedswife for the replies! This is such good news! I have several merged files so knowing this works makes things much easier for me. I've had this EP since Tuesday but have waited to install. I'll do it tomorrow after I fix my CC. Hopefully, my simmie Dru will be in kitty-heaven in no time!

GOTH-1-1.jpg

@kristenwoods: If you're still there, here is the link to the Fix:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/index/
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yay! And there you have it. :mrgreen:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    Yay! And there you have it. :mrgreen:

Yeah! A little Forum S.O.S. never hurts! :thumbup: