Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can pets not use stairs?

Mine won't go up the stairs so now I don't know how to give them a bath. The tub is upstairs. :hunf:

Comments

• Options
    midnighteclipse41midnighteclipse41 Posts: 110 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Kittens and puppies cannot go up the stairs/ be given a bath. If you have fully grown pets, it might be a glitch.
  • Options
    hyperdaughterhyperdaughter Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    kitten and puppies can't but they should be able to after they grow up just like in the sims 2
  • Options
    lisaj23432lisaj23432 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Just pick them up and bring it up the stairs.
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Mine are grown and they are large dogs. Whenever I try to get them up the stairs at all the action cancels itself out. It might be a glitch even though sims can go up there...
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Nevermind... now it happens. Must be glitchy somewhere else. :P
  • Options
    hotMatya680hotMatya680 Posts: 26
    edited March 2012
    Pet's can't go upstairs. I even tried with my adult puppies. Sims even can't bring them upstairs, they put them down and walk upstairs. I have to use TestingCheatsEnabled to teleport them.
    Thanks a lot, EA. Another bad expansion pack. :evil:
  • Options
    PixelSmilePixelSmile Posts: 471 Member
    edited March 2012
    What on earth!
    How silly >:O
    logo_studio-ghibli.jpg
  • Options
    princesspdtprincesspdt Posts: 4,691 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pet's can't go upstairs. I even tried with my adult puppies. Sims even can't bring them upstairs, they put them down and walk upstairs. I have to use TestingCheatsEnabled to teleport them.
    Thanks a lot, EA. Another bad expansion pack. :evil:

Adult pets can too go upstairs.
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2012
    Adult pets can definitely go up and down the stairs. The issue you guys might be having may lie in narrow spacing. I noticed that pets often glitch out/backpeddle in 1 tile wide hallways and can't use 1 tile wide foundation porches.
  • Options
    princesspdtprincesspdt Posts: 4,691 Member
    edited March 2012
    They also can't use spiral staircases so I've heard!
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited March 2012
    Adult dogs and cats can go up any kind of stairs, even the spiral. At least they can in my game. It is only the puppies/kittens who has to be carried be a sim up them.

Try reset the pets might fix it.
  • Options
    Phil51660Phil51660 Posts: 288
    edited March 2012
    I've never had problems with dogs or cats going up and down the stairs. The big dogs have some problems getting around in any narrow space, but they figure it out. Only the puppies and kittens can't use the stairs.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2012
    Lets just be clear, NO puppies and kittens CAN'T get up stairs or down. YES adult/elder animals CAN go up or down the stairs. Sometimes the placing of stairs may work for Sims, but not for the pets. I've had this issue and i just moved my stair case and made sure up and down stairs around it was clear. It is just a matter of placement because for some reason, it will glitch out for pets and not the Sims.

I had a spiral staircase and my cats could get up it, but not down it. Mean while my Sims were perfectly fine using it. Turned out it was because i had the stairs going diagonal and curtains surrounding it on windows in a square like tight room. I removed the curtains and made the staircase face straight. Worked ok for everyone in the house after.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/