Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this graphics card be alright?

I have an:

ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card in my PC...

It's been running fine with Sims 3, generations and ambitions on it... But I am concerned about pets after seeing all the problems people are having?

Are there any pros out there that could tell me... I've got it pre-ordered so I'm praying it will be alright..
Gallery name: Anna-Banna

Comments

• Options
    shboogiesshboogies Posts: 231 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the ATI RADEON HD5570 and it runs beautifully. I don't imagine your model is too far off from mine.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2011
    shboogies wrote:
    I have the ATI RADEON HD5570 and it runs beautifully. I don't imagine your model is too far off from mine.

Thanks. No it doesn't sound a lot different.. My game should arrive any day now and I'm getting a little concerned... Hope it's alright... I was just wondering if anyone else has the same... :/
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    shboogies wrote:

Thanks. No it doesn't sound a lot different.. My game should arrive any day now and I'm getting a little concerned... Hope it's alright... I was just wondering if anyone else has the same... :/

Just also make sure any of your CC that are objects.(Like paintings, couches, etc) are uninstalled as well as that CC is not compatible at all and could cause problems too. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    shboogies wrote:
    shboogies wrote:

Just also make sure any of your CC that are objects.(Like paintings, couches, etc) are uninstalled as well as that CC is not compatible at all and could cause problems too. :)

Is that even if it is from the store? That's the only CC I have.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited October 2011
    Ive been running the game on a ATI Radeon HD3200 Integrated chipset with all the expansions and stuff packs to date but I haven't got pets yet so I dunno.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have an:

ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card in my PC...

It's been running fine with Sims 3, generations and ambitions on it... But I am concerned about pets after seeing all the problems people are having?

Are there any pros out there that could tell me... I've got it pre-ordered so I'm praying it will be alright..

Should be ok!
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    shboogies wrote:
    shboogies wrote:

Is that even if it is from the store? That's the only CC I have.

Then you're good to go! All store items work fine. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Thanks everyone. I can't wait. It's not released here until Friday. But it was shipped monday so could be here as of tomorrow. :)

Enjoy your games!
  • Options
    Mike_BannaMike_Banna Posts: 413 New Member
    edited October 2011
    ^^This

Yes, your card should be fine. When I see people experiencing graphics problems with cards that are capable of running the game, it's usually because they have never updated their graphics card drivers. I update mine when a new one comes out every month, I would suggest to everyone else to do it atleast every 3-4 months.

Update your cards!!!

• Options
    louie2000girllouie2000girl Posts: 36
    edited October 2011
    I have a ATI radeon same as everyone else here i think and BTW what laptop does everyone have here? i have a sony vaio. :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Mike_Banna wrote:
    ^^This

Yes, your card should be fine. When I see people experiencing graphics problems with cards that are capable of running the game, it's usually because they have never updated their graphics card drivers. I update mine when a new one comes out every month, I would suggest to everyone else to do it atleast every 3-4 months.

Update your cards!!!

By update you mean rip it out and replace it, right? Or wrong? :?

I can't afford to do that...
  • Options
    SymbologySymbology Posts: 1,074
    edited October 2011

No, go to Ati's website, go to Download Drivers, and search for your card. Drivers are basically software updates.
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Mike_Banna wrote:
    ^^This

Update your cards!!!

He means downloading new drivers from the manufacturer's site, not buying a new card. Updating drivers are free and tend to solve some graphics problems. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I did not know that! :)

Thanks Symbology and CuddlyBun! I shall have a look now in preperation!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Mike_Banna wrote:
    ^^This

Update your cards!!!

No, I mean you should go to ATI's website to download and install newly released drivers for your card. You know about windows updates? Well, your card needs updates too, and it's not going to do it by itself.

So go here.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

In the upper right corner you will see download drivers, go to component category and select desktop, notebook, etc, whatever you have. Then on the next tab select auto detect and install.

This is only for you and other people who have ATI cards, if you have a nvidia card you need to go to nvidias website and download new drivers from them.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Mike_Banna wrote:
    Mike_Banna wrote:
    ^^This

Update your cards!!!

No, I mean you should go to ATI's website to download and install newly released drivers for your card. You know about windows updates? Well, your card needs updates too, and it's not going to do it by itself.

So go here.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

In the upper right corner you will see download drivers, go to component category and select desktop, notebook, etc, whatever you have. Then on the next tab select auto detect and install.

This is only for you and other people who have ATI cards, if you have a nvidia card you need to go to nvidias website and download new drivers from them.

Thanks a lot! :) I had no idea you could do this! And it won't harm my PC in any way? Only improve it? I'm a bit cautious at that..
  • Options
    fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    edited October 2011
    Wow thanks for that... updating mine now! I have an ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics card... I have no major problems but I haven't updated it since I got my desktop at the beginning of the yr!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Your screen might flicker and shrink while the updates are installing, but that's perfectly fine. It will only improve your graphics card with updates that weren't around when your card was released.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Mike_Banna wrote:
    Your screen might flicker and shrink while the updates are installing, but that's perfectly fine. It will only improve your graphics card with updates that weren't around when your card was released.

Thank you! I've discovered something very useful from you tonight. :)
  • Options
    fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    edited October 2011
    Mike_Banna wrote:

Thank you! I am so glad I learned that... updating mine right now... it flickered and I freaked for a min. but all is good again haha...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    No problem, just don't forget to do the auto detect and install. Because if you try and do it manually and choose the wrong ones, that could cause problems and you would have to uninstall them and get the correct ones. By auto detecting you will eliminate that possibility.

And again, that site is for people who have ATI cards only!!
  • Options
    Sam6284Sam6284 Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2011
    See, now, I did this just this morning, but my pets are still all funny looking. :P I have no CC (that I'm aware of at least) and my comp runs Sims 3, Ambitions, and Generations with no problems, I also have Town Life Stuff, but I had uninstalled it awhile back. I've updated everything I can think to update, so either my computer is just so old it doesn't feel like running the game right (and it's only the pets, my Sims and the minor pets look fine)or I've done something wrong here. :shock:
  • Options
    mewsistermewsister Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2011
    I updated mine using the auto detect and it caused my computer to crash. My screen resolution was really big and now the sims launcher wont work pls help!
    what-doth-love-be.gif
  • Options
    mrteal1123mrteal1123 Posts: 43
    edited October 2011
    i have a Dell studio 15 will it work im worried as well
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We would need to see your dxdiag, and that info can be found here.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/291.page

Is your card capable of running the game? Do you know what manufacturer makes your card? It will most likely be ati, nvidia or intel. If you don't have an ati card and tried to install their drivers, it's going to pose a problem.