Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js Error

Every day, starting 15:00 CET, which is when the Daily Deal is supposed to go live my time, I cannot access the store. In the morning, the store loads fine. But by 15:00 the store will not load and I get the error: This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js Error

If the error does not pop up, the store is not properly formatted and there are no images. During this time I cannot see my purchase history, nor am I able to make any purchases. I don't have a problem with any other website.

Details about my system:
Browser: Google Chrome 15 (beta)
Installed media plugins: Adobe Flashplayer, Adobe AIR, Adobe Shockwave, Java 6

What I've done already to try to fix the problem:
- Clearing Browsing Data (including cache of course, several times)
- Disabling Anti-virus (I'm only using Microsoft Security Essentials)
- Diasbling Firewall (using Windows Firewall)
- Adding Chrome to the Firewall exception list
- Disabling all extensions (in fact, I had no extension installed yet when I first got the problem)
- Uninstalling/Re-installing Java and all Web Browsers.

- I've tried opening the page in: IE9, Firefox, and Opera. I can open the Store in Opera if I use Opera Turbo

- I contacted Live Help Chat about this issue and they had me: delete my temporary files and do a clean boot (twice). None of this helped.

- I ran a traceroute to store.thesims3.com and there doesn't seem to be any problems but I can post it if someone wants to see it.

Comments

• Options
    SillySelaSillySela Posts: 941 Member
    edited September 2011
    Isn't there a moderator or SimGuru that can help with this? I'm not alone in the problem. This thread is alive and well on the German forums: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/437738.page

It seems a number of people in Germany are affected by this.

Right now the store is working perfectly for me. Everything loads, there are no errors, the site is super fast. But I'm expecting to start getting problems at 15:00 when the Daily Deal updates. They will last until around 23:30-00:00. This has been going on since the 20 September for me and it is extremely inconvenient.
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited September 2011
    What browser are you using? IE, Firefox, Google, Chrome, etc.
    Have you updated the browser?
    Have you installed adobe flash player?
    If you have, have you updated it?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    gr1zzly wrote:
    What browser are you using? IE, Firefox, Google, Chrome, etc.
    Have you updated the browser?
    Have you installed adobe flash player?
    If you have, have you updated it?

Thanks for responding. My OP does answer all your questions but I will gladly answer again, if there is even a tiny, minute chance that it will help.

I'm using Google Chrome 15 (beta) a the moment. However, this problem occurs with Chrome 14, Firefox, IE9 and Opera. It also occurs on my husband's PC and my mother in law's laptop.

The browsers are all up to date.
    Chrome automatically updates flash player, but I have installed Flash player for the other browsers, and it is up to date. I have uninstalled and re-installed Flash player, Shockwave, AIR and Java multiple times.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I did a Google search and every thing pointed to adobe flash.
    Did some additional checking. It may be a problem in the java script.
    How to fix that is beyond me, as I am software illiterate.
    Are you going to the German store or the US store?
    There may be a difference.
    Outside of this I can't think of anything else.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    gr1zzly wrote:
    I did a Google search and every thing pointed to adobe flash.
    Did some additional checking. It may be a problem in the java script.
    How to fix that is beyond me, as I am software illiterate.
    Are you going to the German store or the US store?
    There may be a difference.
    Outside of this I can't think of anything else.

Yep, I've spent long hours Googling this and actually, it all points to an error in the coding, and not to something I can fix on my own. But I keep looking and asking because I really want to be able to use the store. I actually started a thread like this in Store Technical Discussion last week, but somebody told me to try posting it here because this section gets more attention. I don't like to post twice about the same issue but I waited a week and I didn't get any help so I thought it was worth a try :(

I do get the error on both the German and US store.

I don't want to jinx myself but the problem has not yet started today. Maybe they've fixed it? KNOCK ON WOOD!!

Thanks so much for your response and for searching on your own though. I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    It has to be on EA's end.
    There has been no DD for three days now.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    gr1zzly wrote:
    It has to be on EA's end.
    There has been no DD for three days now.

Yeah. Actually, the Store is still working fine for me. So here's hoping that they fixed this issue when they fixed DD. Some people on the German forums thought this issue could also be related to the DD. Now let's just hope that it keeps working!