Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help and Opinions please....

Right, do I get pets or not? Random I know, pointless even, but I want some opinions on the game, problems and what you all think too.

I have had a lot of trouble with EA and sims 3. (the usual glitches and worse such as losing the whole control panel and therefore that game.)Before pets was announced I said I was buying no more expansion packs because they weren't worth the money. They just caused too many problems that they never seemed to fix...

However, I absolutely adored pets in Sims 2 and I am desperate to get it again now. I have seen the problems the demo has caused let alone the main game and it has worried me back to the point above. I have it pre-ordered although I'm thinking of cancelling.

Basically, do you think I should go with my head and first thought of 'no because EA are useless...' or go with 'But i love pets and can't resist...'?
Gallery name: Anna-Banna

Comments

• Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited September 2011
    Well the actual game isn't out yet so we don't know how that is. Only the CAP demo is out and I wouldn't recommend installing that unless you take every step possible to protect your game and downloads because there are some problems with it.

Now as for the game....that'll have to be your choice. :) I for one already pre-ordered it because it looks awesome.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited September 2011
    the only way to download the Demo and play around with it safely, is to rename your sims 3 folder. It will create a new one and leave your basic game folder alone. So whenever you want to play your game rename the game folder back to sims 3, and when you want to play with the demo rename the game folder to something else.
    If you liked sims 2 pets , this one is going to blow your mind away. There is a massive amount of breeds in there, most of them are accurate, the pets look amazing,horses actually look almost real, and the customisation options are beyond any imagination.
    As for the game itself, as it's not out yet, we habve no idea what glitches it might bring, but from all the previews i've seen so far i'm extremely happy. the interactions, the pets themselfs, the unicorns...Everything in this pack is way above my expectations. The only things similar with the sims 2 pets is the pets as an aspect and a few basic interactions. Everything else is completely polished an new.
    I'd say give your game another chance. The only thing you are doing by not buying it is mostly punishing yourself with not playing what you love.
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited September 2011
    geminiagre wrote:
    I'd say give your game another chance. The only thing you are doing by not buying it is mostly punishing yourself with not playing what you love.

I'm buying pets because I already have it preordered but after the problems I had with generations if I have any serious problems with pets that's it. I'm not buying any more sims games and will just play what is out so far.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    edited September 2011
    I had some serious issues after ambitions, one of my games, my favourite is unplayable because my control panel vanished and nothing I tried would bring it back.

I would be punishing myself by not buying pets, I have it pre-ordered because it does look brilliant I am just having doubts and wondering if it is worth risking the rest of my game.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna