Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Old Simmies have wills? - Like when they die..

I had two great sims, they were both at the top end of their careers and they had a family of a set of twin girls and a boy and all was great. So, I didn't want my sims to retire cause I wanted them to make as much money as possible.

However, after they died (of natural causes) there was no will, like in the sims 2.

Or did I just not do something? hmm, I appreciate any feedback relevant or not.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2009
    HeleBoos wrote:
    I had two great sims, they were both at the top end of their careers and they had a family of a set of twin girls and a boy and all was great. So, I didn't want my sims to retire cause I wanted them to make as much money as possible.

However, after they died (of natural causes) there was no will, like in the sims 2.

Or did I just not do something? hmm, I appreciate any feedback relevant or not.

Thank you

No, no wills. The sims inventory goes to the "next of kin" when they die. If they are married, it's their spouse, if no spouse, then to 1 of their children, or grandchildren, or whomever is living in the house with them. I don't know what happens to their inventory if they are living alone.

edited to clarify.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    Jaclyn43Jaclyn43 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Good question well personally I haven't played with elders in sims 3 yet. But from what I've heard no wills
  • Options
    sim_jpsim_jp Posts: 583 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nope, the "insurance company" doesn't give you money to support you when an old sim dies anymore, they only give you small amounts of money if an objects gets burnt.
  • Options
    HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited June 2009
    wull that's stupid.
  • Options
    HeleBoosHeleBoos Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the feedback!

It's as I thought :(
  • Options
    HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited June 2009
    May I just point out, that I'm enjoying your location quite a lot. And that MY location, although set as "everyhwere" is really "your mom's face". (The usual come back after "your face" is "your mom's face". At least in the circles I run in. I don't really run in circles.)
  • Options
    YoshermonYoshermon Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If the last sim in your household dies, then you basically restart the save. By that I mean you can pick a new family to play as or create one of your own.