The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update question..

Okay so I FINALLY got the launcher update message and I'm debating whether or not to update. I've heard mixed answers about the update with people who have Generations or do not have Generations. I don't have generations and is it not a good idea to patch? I really don't want to loose all of my famililes, etc. That would stink badly haha.

Comments

• Options
    mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm updating my game now, actually, and I don't have generations yet. If you back up your saved games, you should be ok.
  • Options
    softballgirly22softballgirly22 Posts: 424 New Member
    edited June 2011
    mdmwhite wrote:
    I'm updating my game now, actually, and I don't have generations yet. If you back up your saved games, you should be ok.

Okay I'll have to do that.. do you mind maybe checking back here, if you have the chance, to tell me how the update went?
  • Options
    avidon3avidon3 Posts: 419 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm worried about this too. I don't have Generations yet either but I hear that you can't play the game at all after the patch. Is this true?
    B)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    softballgirly22 ---Sure, I can check back.

avidon3---Some people have been having that issue, but it could be for several reasons that are under their control, such as CC and mods. Some have stated that after reinstalling everything the game is fine. Some people have had no problems at all. Some people have had problems and didn't have any CC or mods at all. It's just a risk we have to take, unfortunately.

• Options
    StroganoffOfBeefStroganoffOfBeef Posts: 743 Member
    edited June 2011
    I am one of the unfortunate ones suffering. Just bought Generations a couple of hours ago,patched up my game (said it was required for the expansion), and now it won't run due to the "Start Up Error". Yes, I've tried to go through Programs.

I'm irritated, why can't they fix it already? D:
  • Options
    singgoutloudxsinggoutloudx Posts: 3,424 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Infant - 1 day
    Toddler - 3 days
    Child - 6 days
    Teen - 15 days
    Young Adult - 17 days (maybe, can't remember)
    Adult - 25 days
    Elder - over 25 days, can't really remember.
  • Options
    Simsgirl1707Simsgirl1707 Posts: 163 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Is it possible to undo the update? I'm wondering if that's why my town and family disappeared...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sorry for the late reply! I had to go to bed early, and I've been at work all day.

I installed the patch, and everything was fine. My game lagged a little more than usual, but nothing to the point of being super annoying.

Simsgirl1707--The only way you can undo the patch is to uninstall your game and patch up individually to the patch you want your game to be at.
  • Options
    TheeclipsedheartTheeclipsedheart Posts: 158 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Okay so I FINALLY got the launcher update message and I'm debating whether or not to update. I've heard mixed answers about the update with people who have Generations or do not have Generations. I don't have generations and is it not a good idea to patch? I really don't want to loose all of my famililes, etc. That would stink badly haha.

I updated and am SO happy! You get memories and the romance changes with it!
  • Options
    StarTHEdoGStarTHEdoG Posts: 6
    edited June 2011
    I am one of the unfortunate ones suffering. Just bought Generations a couple of hours ago,patched up my game (said it was required for the expansion), and now it won't run due to the "Start Up Error". Yes, I've tried to go through Programs.

I'm irritated, why can't they fix it already? D:

I had this same problem too and I've had to have a livechat with customer service about this issue 3 times in the past couple of days! So far, nothing has changed. I agree with you, very frusterating.
  • Options
    IshkibibalBaby18IshkibibalBaby18 Posts: 1,080 New Member
    edited June 2011
    My game crashes everytime i get my sim to load. Im so sick of these problems.. urgh!!!! I had to reinstall everything back when OLS came out and im not gonna go through all of that everytime a game comes out.