Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photography Bug?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    zeefritzzeefritz Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2011
    I was able to fix this problem by:

- Deleting all opportunities from the household.
    - Deleting all of the cache files, including the World cache files.

Accepting an opportunity and then traveling will cause the bug to recur. It doesn't happen if I delete all opportunities prior to traveling.

Opportunities like taking a photo of a pyramid will not work at all. Bummer.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited July 2011
    Why doesn't our Game Launcher update our (deleted) game anymore?

Is this too hard a thing for EA to handle? Seems like some heads need to roll there before Sims 4 comes out. This is totally unacceptable that we have to do so much just to get these games to work.
  • Options
    lindochka1rglindochka1rg Posts: 9
    edited September 2011
    I REALLY HOPE EA WILL FIX THIS BUG! I REALLY LIKE TAKING PHOTOS IN SIMS 3 AND THIS BUG SCREWED MY GAME&MY LIFE. I THINK THIS BUG CAMED FROM NEW UPDATE BECAUSE FEW MONTHS AGO I UPDATED MY GAME AND I COULDN'T OPEN IT,I TRIED RE INSTALLING AND EVERY **** JUST TO MAKE IT WORK AND THEN NEW UPDATE CAMED,I INSTALLED IT AND THE GAME STARTED WORKING. IF EA DOESN'T FIX THIS SOON,IMMA GOONA CONTACT THEM AND TELL EM' THAT THEY SUCK!
  • Options
    lgswindallgswindal Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    I've just noticed the problem with camera the phone one works fine . Any news on a fix for that I can't do lifetime goal if camera don't work :cry:
  • Options
    shanarellashanarella Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I had the freezing issues and I decided to just sell all photos :cry: Well it worked I was in China and it registered a photo I was taking and did not freeze.. then i looked at my skills journal and all photos are still in credit not sure of the outcome for completion but I feel I have hope... so I am thinking it is a memory hog issue..... Hope this helps. :wink:
  • Options
    oklahoma05oklahoma05 Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2011
    I was playing the other day and the photography was fine but then I played again yesterday and had the issue has everyone else. I don't have the Generations EP yet and so that's not causing my issue. I did just install the latest patch so we'll see.
  • Options
    MarybasqueMarybasque Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2013
    I am up to date and still no luck. I do not have Gens installed and never did.

Taking a photo opportunity doesn't work. No matter what I am told take a picture of and testing on many different Sims and towns. I took many photos and even tried putting them in my Inventory. Took the photos out of the camera and put them into my inventory. I can't complete the opportunity and have attempted over ten times.

Can't find an answer? Contact Customer Support. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/207.page I did. And they sent me back to you with all my bugs/glitches. Case: 06870645

I understand that you are reporting taking a photo opportunity is not working within the game.

I appreciate your interest to enlighten the bug. Please post this onto the forum so that our developers can investigate it and provide the fix in upcoming patches.

Please visit the Games Forum as they serve the best platform to reach the Game Developers who welcome any suggestions towards the design of the game. Also, since these Developers and experts regularly monitor the Posts, Games Forum offer an effective medium to communicate with the Developers. Moreover, not only can you post your comments on our official Forum but also interact with the fellow gamers.

I am sure you would find Games Forum very interesting. Please visit the link:

Photography Bug?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/381488.page

I truly appreciate your understanding and co-operation regarding the matter.

I believe all your questions have been answered and hopefully resolved. Should you require further assistance on this issue please feel free to open a new ticket and please quote the reference number (06870645) or browse our extensive knowledge base online at http://help.ea.com. This will help us get back to you as soon as possible to help troubleshoot further.

Sincerely,
    Arup
    Electronic Arts- World Wide Customer Experience