Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Generations Glitch List

You just bought Generations, and you have installed the game.
No mods, no CC, no downloads, just an EP or two and maybe a SP.
So WHY isn't it the game working!?

Post your problems and glitches, bugs and nuisances, here in the Sims 3 Generations Glitch List! Have an animation glitch? Tell us, so cautious buyers can know before buying!

Remember to list the mods you have (if any), say if you have CC, and describe your glitches!

Don't give away any personal info, like registration codes! DON'T!!!

Enjoy, and hope you get your bugs fixed right away!

Comments

• Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2011
    There's already a thread set up for this.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/377927.page
  • Options
    SCDS1997SCDS1997 Posts: 2,687
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:

Course there is.. :roll:
  • Options
    StaceyKukkStaceyKukk Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2011
    So I scoured the posts but I didn't come across this issue (sorry if it was already posted).

My sims moved from one house to another and now I can't save the game. It keeps saying "Error 12: see readme file."

I just installed Generations yesterday without any problems.
    I don't have any custom content and the only items I have downloaded are from the official store. I also don't use cheat codes.

Anyone else have these problems?
  • Options
    RubarbCustardRubarbCustard Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    Hiya :)
    After installing generations I cant talk to any of my sims whenever I click on a sim to interact with nothing happens :S See my forum that I made about this issue for more detail :)
    And yes guilty! I do use custom content :S ...and cheats :D
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited June 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:

Yep :thumbup:
  • Options
    SHELLYLSWSHELLYLSW Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    I've had the game for about a week and have had it quit on me several times and also I have not been able to see any of the new lots that are supposedly in the EP. I dont have any CC
  • Options
    yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:

uh huh
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    yoashmo wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:

uh huh

Yup, yup.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hiya :)
    After installing generations I cant talk to any of my sims whenever I click on a sim to interact with nothing happens :S See my forum that I made about this issue for more detail :)
    And yes guilty! I do use custom content :S ...and cheats :D

Not being able to click on Sims is almost always due to mods and sometimes CC. Take out your Mods folder, try the game again, and see if the problem persists.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,203 Member
    edited June 2011
    Just a little bump because I feel we could use a thread that is for those that run their games mod free.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Melonika16Melonika16 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2011
    HELP!!!
    I got the The Sims 3 Generations yesterday, and when i started playing everything was going well until the girl i control got pregnant. when she was giving birth it asked me for choosing a name and traits, but then the baby didn't appear on the control bar and she gave birth over and over again and i did the same thing but the baby just doesn't appear and she continues giving birth!!! :shock: It's like deja-vu after I choose the baby's traits and click the check button, she is pregnant again and gives birth but there is no baby seen! Is this a bug? I think not because I updated my game and the same thing happens again. Please help! :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    Just a little bump because I feel we could use a thread that is for those that run their games mod free.

There's no need for two (or more) threads. The thread listed above isn't just for people with mods (just that some of the problems are caused by mods and therefore NOT listed on the first page as glitches/bugs) and it's 60 some odd pages long with some of the issues people have reported here already reported all in one place.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    sweetlittlecherrysweetlittlecherry Posts: 477 New Member
    edited June 2011
    EIisabetta wrote:
    bluegayle_ wrote:

There's no need for two (or more) threads. The thread listed above isn't just for people with mods (just that some of the problems are caused by mods and therefore NOT listed on the first page as glitches/bugs) and it's 60 some odd pages long with some of the issues people have reported here already reported all in one place.

I agree, Elisabetta. I've been using the other thread to report and I have no CC or mods. At least it's all in one place. :-)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,203 Member
    edited June 2011
    Why is it not okay for two threads? I don't have a problem and as the first one is very long and somewhat full of nonbug problems as well then another thread can be good.

A lot of people who have mods do not state that and post their glitches anyways. Makes it a little more difficult to sort out the real and the self inflicted.

We are all members of this foum and there is no rule against putting up this thread. Its like saying you can't have more than one picture thread or having two threads talking about your sim day.

It's a Sims forum. We post about our game.

update: And I do agree crinrict's thread should be stickied.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    KerryDav76KerryDav76 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2011
    My butler has disappeared. He showed up to start with and left. I had assigned him a bed. He shows up on the relationship tab, when my sim calls him he is busy at work.
    When I host a party all the guests arrive and leave right away. they don't stay unless I interact with them but as soon as I stop they leave.
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited June 2011
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    Why is it not okay for two threads? I don't have a problem and as the first one is very long and somewhat full of nonbug problems as well then another thread can be good.

A lot of people who have mods do not state that and post their glitches anyways. Makes it a little more difficult to sort out the real and the self inflicted.

We are all members of this foum and there is no rule against putting up this thread. Its like saying you can't have more than one picture thread or having two threads talking about your sim day.

It's a Sims forum. We post about our game.
    For these simple reasons:

Probability SimGurus will not review this thread for bug feedback = 0.001%

Probability SimGurus will review this thread for bug feedback = 0%

Probability SimGurus will review Crincit's thread for bug feedback = 99.999% :lol:
  • Options
    lhspommerlhspommer Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2011
    SHELLYLSW wrote:
    I've had the game for about a week and have had it quit on me several times and also I have not been able to see any of the new lots that are supposedly in the EP. I dont have any CC

The whole quitting thing might be because your graphics are too high. I also ran across this problem. Not sure or not but this might be the problem! Hope to help!
  • Options
    katekris101katekris101 Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    This ****** me off! My teen guy keeps on walking like he is sneeking out when really he isn't even in trouble! He walked like that to prom! HOW 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :shock:! I don't want him to do that when he gets married!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

♥ -katekris101 :thumbup:
    P.S. download,recommend, and friend request
    COMING SOON-Jersey Shore household *realistic & CC*
  • Options
    Boopie1000Boopie1000 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2011
    1. Are you using any CC or mods ? NO
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the ‘big ones’ like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you’re not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) N/A
    4. What EPs do you own AMBITIONS, LATE NIGHT, GENERATIONS, OUTDOOR LIVING
    5. What patch level (game version) are you currently at. I need the version of your base game. You find it in your launcher when you hover over the basegame icon. I need the one that starts with 1.xx

6. Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can’t read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) AMD ATHLON II X2 220 PROCESSOR 2.80 GHz; 3.00 GB RAM; NVIDIA Geforce GT 220; Windows 7 HOME PREMIUM
    7. Did you start a new game for Generations or are you playing an existing ones DID A FRESH REINSTALL OF MY GAMES + GENERATIONS; STARTED A BRAND NEW GAME
    8. What town are you playing ? EA or Custom ? EA (RIVERVIEW)

MY GLITCH: MY SIM HAS A FLIPPING BOWL OF MAC AND CHEESE STUCK TO HER HAND AND I CAN'T GET IT OFF - TRIED RESTARTING, TRIED CLEANING MY CACHE, WHAT ELSE?!??!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH GENERATIONS? I HAD NO PROBLEMS BEFORE I INSTALLED IT. I'VE HAD THE GAME FREEZE ON ME SO MANY TIMES. I FINALLY UNINSTALLED EVERYTHING AND THEN DID A FRESH INSTALL AND NOW THIS STUPID BOWL THING.
  • Options
    aprilbrotheraprilbrother Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    :shock: Okay, so my teenage couple that lives together with the girls parents went on vacation to France, when they came back, they were married...?
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited July 2011
    It keeps saying "Error 12: see readme file

i get this off and on, but i can never find the readme file . lol.. as for other glitches ya i put them in the other thread.
  • Options
    Claire093Claire093 Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    My game just does not work at all on my Mac! tried installing/reinstalling the entire game various times!
    The initial game and expansion packs install perfectly, then when attempting to start playing,
    'an unknown error' message comes up with the sims 3 generations.

Have no idea what to do, i'm at a loss! :?

• Options
    LozbeanLozbean Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    I need help.
    One i go on CC, and when i click the hair icon it loads then it doesnt show up, im wondering if i can download something to make it re-appear again. Help? :cry:
  • Options
    LibraSimsLoverLibraSimsLover Posts: 154 New Member
    edited September 2011
    This ****** me off! My teen guy keeps on walking like he is sneeking out when really he isn't even in trouble! He walked like that to prom! HOW 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :shock:! I don't want him to do that when he gets married!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

♥ -katekris101 :thumbup:
    P.S. download,recommend, and friend request
    COMING SOON-Jersey Shore household *realistic & CC*

Might be because he was in trouble,and the parents hadn't let him off? Do that before the parents die!
  • Options
    Ashmatt0816Ashmatt0816 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    i use cheats sometimes, but the last game i played first she couldnt go steady with the guy she liked.. i did everything went on dates, it ever turned up... n then when i started a new game.. she got a boyfriend... n then when i would ask him to come over he would say yes.. but never show up.. has this happened to anyone else... its really annoying coz she cant marry anyone else then, n cant break up with him either....