Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loss of faith in EA and the Sims

Basically, EA, you have officially ruined Sims 3 with your endless glitches and failure to fix them.

Since buying Ambitions and the new updates I have been inundated with game ruining glitches.

The one prompting me to write this being the fact that my control panel just 'disappears' and there is no way of me playing the family that I adore. I have deleted my save file and the backup is exactly the same!

Along with this I have had an ongoing battle with my sims disappearing, from what I have concluded is the fact that they aren't on the lot when I save and switch off?! That in itself is ridiculous!

EA, I have been playing Sims since, well, Sims! The first one! And I have been desperately waiting for Pets to be released. But I now will not be buying any of your games, unless you can sort it out!

If you can find a solution to my missing control panel that will make me feel a little better. But if it comes down to me having to restart my family that is not satisfactory. Glitches and bugs shouldn't lead to that! A good game shouldn't have so many problems!

So my feedback: Not good...
Gallery name: Anna-Banna

Comments

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi: I always keep a copy of my favourite Sim in the library (bin) so I can start a new game with them when the one I'm playing goes to crap - and it will eventually, ever since that update prior to LateNight, or LateNight.

Lots of people have the disappearing Sim issue - check out the thread started by Crinrict under Technical (disappearing, lagging,
    freezing, etc...)

You are not alone but unfortunately, as of now, EA hasn't fixed or can't fix it or simply isn't listening.

• Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi: I always keep a copy of my favourite Sim in the library (bin) so I can start a new game with them when the one I'm playing goes to crap - and it will eventually, ever since that update prior to LateNight, or LateNight.

Lots of people have the disappearing Sim issue - check out the thread started by Crinrict under Technical (disappearing, lagging,
    freezing, etc...)

You are not alone but unfortunately, as of now, EA hasn't fixed or can't fix it or simply isn't listening.

I have a copy of them when I first made them. But since then I have a lot of children, two of which are a day away from adulthood. They've had and made ambrosia and just generally got massively far in their little Sims lives.

We shouldn't have to have back up because things like this shouldn't happen! This isn't the first time, but last time deleting it and using the backup worked. Now it hasn't

To be honest little problems are going to slip through but not these major ones, think EA should consider getting some new QA (Quality Assurance) testers.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi Cherry, I'm so sorry you are having so many problems, I know exactly how you feel since my game did the same thing.

I had quit playing ts3 for months but continued to come here to the ts3 bbs to rant, talk and research how, if at all possible, to find a way to fix my game.

I'm sure you have seen the many posts that extol Twallan's mods for this game. I wasn't really interested in using them or any others b/c I wanted to keep my game clear just in case b/c I use lots of cc clothes, skin, eyes etc. I was just afraid that having too many forign objects in the game would ruin it altogether.

But it got to the point, that just having the cc & tons of store items, ep's and sp's ruined it anyway, so I bit the bullet and pulled my cc but the game was still a mess and unplayable.

So, I found Twallan's mods, put them in and used his "reset everything" which fixed the entire game and I've been having fun with it ever since.

Now I understand that it's EA's job to fix it, but they apparently can't or won't, so why pour money down the drain? Use the mod and get your money's worth and really have a good time as well.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    windweaver wrote:
    Hi Cherry, I'm so sorry you are having so many problems, I know exactly how you feel since my game did the same thing.

I had quit playing ts3 for months but continued to come here to the ts3 bbs to rant, talk and research how, if at all possible, to find a way to fix my game.

I'm sure you have seen the many posts that extol Twallan's mods for this game. I wasn't really interested in using them or any others b/c I wanted to keep my game clear just in case b/c I use lots of cc clothes, skin, eyes etc. I was just afraid that having too many forign objects in the game would ruin it altogether.

But it got to the point, that just having the cc & tons of store items, ep's and sp's ruined it anyway, so I bit the bullet and pulled my cc but the game was still a mess and unplayable.

So, I found Twallan's mods, put them in and used his "reset everything" which fixed the entire game and I've been having fun with it ever since.

Now I understand that it's EA's job to fix it, but they apparently can't or won't, so why pour money down the drain? Use the mod and get your money's worth and really have a good time as well.

I'm not a fan of Mods, the only thing I download is off of the exchange or store. Just to be safe, but if this works I'm willing to try.

However, It isn't other people's jobs to fix these problems, it is EA's, but they are too interested in their money to care about problems we have. (Or so it seems.) Well, they have lost me as a customer for the rest of their games. Why buy games they refuse to make work?
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited May 2011
    I know how you feel, I had a few glitches here and there that were fixed by downloading a mod or two, or three.

I agree, it shouldn't be down to a third party to fix it it should be the people who created the game. It SHOULD be EA but no. It seems that once they have your money they could care less.

I often find myself not being bothered to play Sims 3, which I never had with Sims 2 or 1. I would play those games whenever I could and I would play for hours. Now I get bored after 30 mins, and that's if I build up enough motivation to start the game in the first place.

So thanks EA
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I know how you feel, I had a few glitches here and there that were fixed by downloading a mod or two, or three.

I agree, it shouldn't be down to a third party to fix it it should be the people who created the game. It SHOULD be EA but no. It seems that once they have your money they could care less.

I often find myself not being bothered to play Sims 3, which I never had with Sims 2 or 1. I would play those games whenever I could and I would play for hours. Now I get bored after 30 mins, and that's if I build up enough motivation to start the game in the first place.

So thanks EA

The sooner more people realise that they aren't going to fix things they are risking losing more customers than just me. Then they won't be getting as much money anyway. It's in their selfish interests as well as ours to make their games playable for the public.

I've been late buying expansions for sims 3 due to money issues, but I was considering getting them all before, catching up. But now I shan't even waste my money.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2011

freezing, etc...)

I have a copy of them when I first made them. But since then I have a lot of children, two of which are a day away from adulthood. They've had and made ambrosia and just generally got massively far in their little Sims lives.

We shouldn't have to have back up because things like this shouldn't happen! This isn't the first time, but last time deleting it and using the backup worked. Now it hasn't

To be honest little problems are going to slip through but not these major ones, think EA should consider getting some new QA (Quality Assurance) testers.

Hi Cherry: I always update my copy as well, since I have about eight families and switch households between them, everytime I max out a skill or they get a bunch of gems or whatever, I save a new copy and delete the old one from the bin.
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi there. Read my sig. Lots of us on the board are ready to storm EA headquarters with torches and pitchforks for their crappy customer service and lack of effective patches.

Here is what it will take for me to even consider buying any more EA products in the future.

1. FIX THE FREAKING CARS BUG. No more zillion cars in townie inventories. THAT's what is causing MOST of the lag in my game. Thank you Twallen's Overwatch for being a stop gap measure.

2. FIX THE FREAKING BAD MOOD BUG - and by extension the slow as molasses skilling bug.

3. FIX THE DISAPPEARING SIMS ON VACATION, ON LOAD UP AND UPON AGING UP BUG. This one has ruined 3 legacies for me, personally.

If EA will at least address THOSE THREE issues, I'll consider being a paying customer again. Until then, I vote with my wallet.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2011
    I too suffered the fate of the disappearing/stuck Sims. And also, was told Twallan would fix it. I was dead scared of mods and what they would do to my game so I perservered with resetsim and switching between my various saves until one day, something catastophically horrible happened. I was at my wits end and figured my game was as good as ruined anyway, so why not install this Master Controller and Overwatch that everyone had raved about.

I did some research, read all the info provided by Twallan and installed the mods. It couldn't have been easier. Now, 3 months later, I am still happily playing my beloved Sims families and it is only thanks to Twallan that I am doing so. Had he not been a magical Mod God then I would have given up and not bought anymore EA products.

So, if you really are about to give up then I urge you, make back up copies of your game, read A LOT about NRaas/Twallan and all the mods provided by them, then install them. Believe me, you won't even think about looking back at EA once you have them, nor will you ever have to rely on them to fix your game again.
  • Options
    kinusia2000kinusia2000 Posts: 1,924 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Yes, it's better with them to have a final "fix" update and then stop. My first amibition family broke down. And I had 4 simbots!
  • Options
    DirenKeiDirenKei Posts: 177 New Member
    edited May 2011
    i have never really had any glitches witch i think is weird i only have had the food truck not work from late night and the cars adding to the ivnory but other that that no glitch i have been bothered by i still have faith
  • Options
    YourFavoriteAriesYourFavoriteAries Posts: 20 New Member
    edited May 2011
    windweaver wrote:

I'm not a fan of Mods, the only thing I download is off of the exchange or store. Just to be safe, but if this works I'm willing to try.

However, It isn't other people's jobs to fix these problems, it is EA's, but they are too interested in their money to care about problems we have. (Or so it seems.) Well, they have lost me as a customer for the rest of their games. Why buy games they refuse to make work?

I could only play the Sims (1, 2, and 3) for like a day without mods/outside CC. Not only do they fix the glitches that ship with the games but they generally make them better by removing other annoyances and making the game run smoother. Crashes, controls and sims disappearing, and other various glitches shouldn't happen but sometimes the design of the game is just plain odd as well. I mean seriously sims, wait your turn to get food or walk down the stairs when another sim is in the way don't whine at me and cancel the action from your cue. Of course EA should deal with these problems but when has that every happened?

It can be scary at first but just back up your game and make sure you are using the right versions (easy for the Sims 3 since all the expansions get updated when the new ones come out) and you should have no problems.

ETA: Yes, EA needs to fire whoever is testing the Sims games. There is literally NO WAY they don't realize issues like the millions of cars or bad mood bug are present. You can't play the game for a whole sim day (24 freaking minuets!) without encountering this. And these are not unfix-able bugs since others have managed to fix them so there is really no excuse.

I typically wait a bit to by the Expansions because after a few months a patch and/or a mod will be out to fix the problems.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    windweaver wrote:

I could only play the Sims (1, 2, and 3) for like a day without mods/outside CC. Not only do they fix the glitches that ship with the games but they generally make them better by removing other annoyances and making the game run smoother. Crashes, controls and sims disappearing, and other various glitches shouldn't happen but sometimes the design of the game is just plain odd as well. I mean seriously sims, wait your turn to get food or walk down the stairs when another sim is in the way don't whine at me and cancel the action from your cue. Of course EA should deal with these problems but when has that every happened?

It can be scary at first but just back up your game and make sure you are using the right versions (easy for the Sims 3 since all the expansions get updated when the new ones come out) and you should have no problems.

ETA: Yes, EA needs to fire whoever is testing the Sims games. There is literally NO WAY they don't realize issues like the millions of cars or bad mood bug are present. You can't play the game for a whole sim day (24 freaking minuets!) without encountering this. And these are not unfix-able bugs since others have managed to fix them so there is really no excuse.

I typically wait a bit to by the Expansions because after a few months a patch and/or a mod will be out to fix the problems.

Yea, I have only recently brought ambitions, but I now shan't be buying any others, despite the fact I am dyeing for pets... But I'm not giving EA my money if they can't have the decency to fix things for us.

I have no need to back it up. I can't play it without a control panel anyway. I may as well just restart if it goes wrong.

How do I download this Twallon's mod then? I read that I need to download something else first in order to get it to work? I've never done anything like this before so need a little help... :/ Sorry to be a pain.
  • Options
    huntxrhuntxr Posts: 43
    edited May 2011
    Hey you also have to take into consideration that the Sims 3 is using a whole new different game engine from that of the Sims 2 or the Sims 1. It isn't that easy fixing a small glitch you know.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    huntxr wrote:
    Hey you also have to take into consideration that the Sims 3 is using a whole new different game engine from that of the Sims 2 or the Sims 1. It isn't that easy fixing a small glitch you know.

I understnad that. However, I do not call a missing control panel a small glitch. It's a serious problem that just shouldn't happen.
  • Options
    YourFavoriteAriesYourFavoriteAries Posts: 20 New Member
    edited May 2011
    How do I download this Twallon's mod then? I read that I need to download something else first in order to get it to work? I've never done anything like this before so need a little help... :/ Sorry to be a pain.

You're not a pain! We all have to ask questions.
    :D

If you google "twallan's master controller" it's the very first link that comes up. Installing is pretty simple. You do need one additional file for mods to work but once you have it all mods and custom content that aren't sims 3 packs will work. If you go to the NRaas Mods forum page from where Master Controller is you'll see a pinned thread at the top called "What you need to run my Mods" that has the info you need to install it and other package files.

The read me can tell you all the details of what it does and how you can customize it.

I also Recommend downloading Overwatch which will keep your game from being flooded with cars and other things that cause slow downs.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

If you google "twallan's master controller" it's the very first link that comes up. Installing is pretty simple. You do need one additional file for mods to work but once you have it all mods and custom content that aren't sims 3 packs will work. If you go to the NRaas Mods forum page from where Master Controller is you'll see a pinned thread at the top called "What you need to run my Mods" that has the info you need to install it and other package files.

The read me can tell you all the details of what it does and how you can customize it.

I also Recommend downloading Overwatch which will keep your game from being flooded with cars and other things that cause slow downs.

Thank you very much. I shall see what I can do. :)
  • Options
    2troublesome2troublesome Posts: 118 New Member
    edited May 2011

Hi, I tried that, and I got totally lost. I couldn't find ANY of the things you are supposed to download. I hate to ask, but could you please put links?
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    Completely agree :thumbup: That is why there are several groups out there trying to Boycott EA. The sad thing is that the game itself is great it's the bugs and lack of support for them that makes EA terrible. They don't just do this to The Sims either. Battlefield 2 and 3 is also having issues similar to this.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    Completely agree :thumbup: That is why there are several groups out there trying to Boycott EA. The sad thing is that the game itself is great it's the bugs and lack of support for them that makes EA terrible. They don't just do this to The Sims either. Battlefield 2 and 3 is also having issues similar to this.
  • Options
    Guber4everGuber4ever Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Wow Everyone is having the same issues as I am on here. I have a Mac so my issues are even worse.. These post are from last year and we are still having the same issues
  • Options
    wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited March 2012
    Maybe it's just your computer.