Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sensation Magazine - Issue 20 Released!

2u7wpqt.jpg

This fun and exciting Sims Magazine was originally created to bring all the latest fashion and modeling information to you, the lovely community. It has evolved into something much more! It is now a fashion, beauty, modeling, and Sim life magazine that entertains as well as informs. We are a vibrant, imaginative, and fun-loving staff and we enjoy every minute that goes into making you a wonderful Sims magazine! We are constantly trying to get the community involved in magazine competitions, photo contests, and much more. Check us out, it's truly Sensational.

We are also on Facebook! Like Us!
FB20.png

wk33he.jpg
dm9qo7.jpg
We are in desperate need of a very talented ad executive. This person needs to have amazing graphics, well thought out advertising skills (knowing how to place text, take photos, EDIT) and will need to meet with the 2 week and 1 month deadlines. I emphasize that this person MUST HAVE GREAT GRAPHICS & EDITING SKILLS. We do not allow average-quality ads in our magazine. You will also need to stay in constant communication with me via email. We need to fill this position ASAP!

muammr.jpg
We are looking for one more Expert Designer. The Expert Designer would make about 5 custom content designs per issue. These designs/Fashions would then be released with the current issue of the magazine. The Expert Designer would be responsible for the creation of the CC, photographing the CC, and a small (less than 150 word) description of the design. Please apply at our website if you are interested!

33bmss6.jpg

2ms0sbd.jpg

2061xdj.jpg
10duvqp.jpg

2f0akxe.jpg
2j5zxhe.jpg1pfh5l.jpg

inrihl.jpg
2ikxi5y.jpg21b21lf.jpg

301zo7s.jpg
t4v8kj.jpgv8h6vp.jpg

35d8410.jpg
mkauye.jpg2v1w3ep.jpgt5rhba.jpg

2gy5czk.jpg
29ni4bm.jpga9mxc.jpg

24kz81h.jpg
mlmvip.jpg

2nv72hw.jpg
33osn52.jpg24ngo06.jpg14wy2w0.jpg
hvxgex.jpg10gxx0j.jpg11k8vfo.jpg
6rj4Q13.png

Comments

• Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited September 2012
    1i21e1.jpg

1dzhnp.jpg
    257hurp.jpg
    Cover Photo Taken by Bliss

x27a4l.jpg250o1te.jpgjkb0xh.jpg
    10fdgy1.jpg15cg383.jpg6r4taw.jpg
    Issue 4 Mother's Day Special
    2cf3bn.jpgeq4f9k.jpgivd24l.jpg
    155jk8m.jpg15zmp6s.jpg24eyzpu.jpg
    160or9z.jpg55ZMD.pngvwXWh.png
    mq02Y.pngzjj8o.pngqy9wud.jpg
    5d7x3b.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have to admit, I haven't ever really looked at a Sims mag before, but I enjoyed that!

I didn't make it all the way through, because I'm trying to work on comps right now, but I will be back to look through the rest of it. It's really cool! You guys have done a fantastic job!
  • Options
    themelonicthemelonic Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:
    I have to admit, I haven't ever really looked at a Sims mag before, but I enjoyed that!

I didn't make it all the way through, because I'm trying to work on comps right now, but I will be back to look through the rest of it. It's really cool! You guys have done a fantastic job!

yes its a juicey colorful one... The way I like it :p
    My mom now reads it.. and she doesnt play sims lol
    but she does have a bias opinion since I am on the staff..
    She actually helped me with the quizzes this round and my Bf always likes to look at the ads lol
  • Options
    starlightkcstarlightkc Posts: 3,186 Member
    edited February 2011
    Wow, I love how you laid this thread out! Very organised, a lot nicer than the old thread :D
  • Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited February 2011
    Beech can i post the link to the thread i made, trying to get people to apply to be interveiwed wanna know whos wants to be :P
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thank you everyone!

Staff Members: Check your emails!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I'll give it a read now! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited February 2011
    My name's in the magazine, I'm flattered. :wink::mrgreen:
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Bah I totally commented in the other thread...

I fail ._.
  • Options
    Sweetpuff_78Sweetpuff_78 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I just downloaded both of your issues and from a quick glance they are beautiful! congrats to all of your hard work I have seen that you have accessories and such with the members names next to them. How can i search and find these the easiest way? i would love to download some of this stuff from the exchange asap. thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    @Pixel: Yes! I'll add it to the list! I was going to ask you about that!

@Gembrett: :)

@PK: You don't fail :)

@Sweetpuff: Well, the staff usually gets their CC from websites, not from the exchange :) There are links on the credits page, but I am working on making them easier and more organized. If you have one in specific to ask for go ahead and ask here and I'll get it to whoever created the page :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited February 2011
    It feels kinda weird, I think I might be the only super active member of the modeling community that isn't affiliated with a magazine.

I'm like one of those woman that goes out and buys all the titles and then sits in the bath and reads them all with a glass of wine lulz
  • Options
    ashpie88ashpie88 Posts: 3,163 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I loved this! I thought it was very beautifully done. I enjoyed the eyeshadow tips by Bliss, they were very helpful. I can't wait to read the next issue!

Great magazine! :D
  • Options
    Sweetpuff_78Sweetpuff_78 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited February 2011
    The crocheted one piece/ shorts and combo with the wedges is great and i really like the jumpsuit outfit on the next page also. i haven't gotten all the way through the magazine which i am really looking forward to. as far as the links are concerned on the credit pages how do i make them clickable? I went to your website the magazine is published at and downloaded it and they aren't clickable on there or directly from website. I would love to be able to utilize the outfits that your mag highlights.
  • Options
    SsjdbzvegSsjdbzveg Posts: 852 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Fantastic issue! Really good. I enjoyed reading it and the long length was awesome in my opinion. I always hate when a good mag ends too soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It feels kinda weird, I think I might be the only super active member of the modeling community that isn't affiliated with a magazine.

I'm like one of those woman that goes out and buys all the titles and then sits in the bath and reads them all with a glass of wine lulz

lol but I believe you are in some of them :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ssjdbzveg wrote:
    Fantastic issue! Really good. I enjoyed reading it and the long length was awesome in my opinion. I always hate when a good mag ends too soon.

200 PAGES! LETS GO! only 40 more BEECH!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    @PK: It's all good, I still love ya :)

@Ashpie: Thanks!

@ Ssjd: Thank you, I've come to the realization that our magazine is just going to be longer than most and I'm fine with that hehe

@Sweetpuff: I'll take a look for you and see if I can figure it out. I am working on figuring out how to make them clickable!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Simz3luvrSimz3luvr Posts: 1,660 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I congratulate the team! It is wonderful. I personally flipped when i saw my name, lol. I'm going to go read it again
  • Options
    feakincatnomilkfeakincatnomilk Posts: 684
    edited February 2011
    I've missed so much D:
    But here I am, glad to see a fresh new thread!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sweetpucc_78

Sorry the links aren't clickable, I'm working on that!

here's where you can find what you looked for!

The crocheted one piece is found Here
    *You have to pay to have this one

The bracelets Here

Sunglasses Here

Wedges found Here

and the Jumpsuit is Here
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks Simz3luvr!

Hey Juezy hehe
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited February 2011
    im really havin fun being a photographer for this magazine, i think beech does a great job and should be respected as a fellow simmer like ourselves

its all about showing our unique creativity, and sharing it :D
    715478.gif

hippy hugs!!
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited February 2011
    ok heres the thread i made: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/348155.page#4785409

Read if ya want to be interveiwed for issue 3 of Sensation Magazine
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Awe thank you Ninja :)

Great Pixie! I'll add it to the link post on page 1 as well!
    6rj4Q13.png