Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone else come across this weird music?

I had my Sims at home and all of a sudden, this music popped up in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12EULUv5yIo

The stereo and TV were both off. And it seemed to get louder when I scrolled left of their house.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Comments

• Options
    kwizardkwizard Posts: 816 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Ghosties .
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited February 2011
    yeah that plays when you're ghost hunting from ambitions
  • Options
    bucsfankhris05bucsfankhris05 Posts: 1,020 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I thought that at first, too, but there's no tombstones/urns on their lot and it sounds different from the usual ghost music.

EDIT TO ADD: No one in the house is a ghost hunter - maybe a glitch?
  • Options
    scenegothgirlscenegothgirl Posts: 6,985 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Thats so cool :mrgreen:
    It sounds like a vintage scary ghost movie
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's kinda cool at first, but it gets really annoying because it doesn't stop! :lol:
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited February 2011
    if no one's a ghost hunter then yes it's probably a glitch, that's definitely what that music is. Since latenight patch there have been a few users reporting sound gliches, where video/gameplay don't always match up, perhaps that is what you're experiencing.
  • Options
    MeronaCovemanMeronaCoveman Posts: 161
    edited February 2011
    It plays when you have a ghost come out. 1. search the entire house if u have no graves/urns. There could be a hidden one. 2. If you live near the graveyard 3. Sometimes a glitch when you're not near the g-yard but it plays around midnight.

Ghosts comin out and ghost hunting sounds are the same (I think) just the ghost coming out is shorter. Maybe you have #3 and another glitch is it doesn't stop. Is the graveyard to the left of your house?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It plays when you have a ghost come out. 1. search the entire house if u have no graves/urns. There could be a hidden one. 2. If you live near the graveyard 3. Sometimes a glitch when you're not near the g-yard but it plays around midnight.

Ghosts comin out and ghost hunting sounds are the same (I think) just the ghost coming out is shorter. Maybe you have #3 and another glitch is it doesn't stop. Is the graveyard to the left of your house?

I built the house myself and no one has died on the lot. And my Sims aren't even close to the graveyard. I'll hop back on there and see if it's coming around midnight, but this has NEVER happened before. It's the strangest thing.
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2011
    i made this weird music post a while back

it is soo werid lol atleast i wasnt the only 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCUWHpaqMo
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2011

I built the house myself and no one has died on the lot. And my Sims aren't even close to the graveyard. I'll hop back on there and see if it's coming around midnight, but this has NEVER happened before. It's the strangest thing.

yeah this ghost would leave the graveyard in a taxi and drive past my house is when i get the music

you dont have to have any1 dead on ur lot they just ghost there selves around sometimes
  • Options
    PMSAwsumPantzPMSAwsumPantz Posts: 8
    edited February 2011
    i hear that often at first i was excited thinking something awesome was happening then nothing did :(
  • Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, that's DEFINITELY the music from the Ghost Hunting tasks from Ambitions. :shock: I have no idea why it'd be looping in your game when the situation doesn't call for it, however. :?