Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't place community lots...need help!!

So I installed Sims 3 Ambitions, got it loaded and it went straight into Edit Town mode...So I go to community lots, I see all the new buildings (firehouse, salon, etc...), I click on "Place Copy" and then all the empty lots disappear and there's nowhere to place my new stuff....wth? Please help!

Comments

• Options
    WarpsterWarpster Posts: 40
    edited January 2011
    I think you have to set the empty lots you want to place the buildings on to community lots first

Click on the tag of on empty lot in edit town mode and select change lot type (make sure its the right size too!)
    And select community and from the drop down box select anything

then try to place the lots
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2011
    ncm2f wrote:
    So I installed Sims 3 Ambitions, got it loaded and it went straight into Edit Town mode...So I go to community lots, I see all the new buildings (firehouse, salon, etc...), I click on "Place Copy" and then all the empty lots disappear and there's nowhere to place my new stuff....wth? Please help!

Hi: the game might also place the lots for you - I've had that happen, so make sure they aren't already there. You can always move them or delete them and place the ones in the community lots bin if you don't like their location.

And you do have to change an empty lot to Community Lot and then to the correct lot type, i.e. junkyard, laundromat, firestation before you can place the new lots.
  • Options
    HosfacHosfac Posts: 292 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Edit: answered. :oops:
  • Options
    Twilight33Twilight33 Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    I'm having the exact same problem except when I go to change it to a communithy lot theres nothing. I cant even select the empty lot. I'm only getting lots from the World Editor, am I doing this wrong? Because thats the only place I can get them. Please help me!!! :!:
  • Options
    Kitty_to_KarenKitty_to_Karen Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I am having trouble placing any lounge type lots.

Other lots work fine, but even if I change it to the right type (e.g. exclusive lounge), it won't let me place the lounge.
  • Options
    LeafyJusticeLeafyJustice Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Not sure if this'll help you but it worked for me. When you have an emtpy lot whos Icon is an outline of a house (not colored in if that make sense)and you try to convert it to a comunity lot you will be unable to place a pre-made building there. But if you bulldoze the lot THEN change it to a community lot you'll be able to place pre-made businesses. Of course you'll still need to make sure you have the minimum amount of squares on the lot (example a pre-made house with 30x30 needs a lot with that amount or more). Hope this helps everyone.
  • Options
    simsfan4957simsfan4957 Posts: 6
    edited March 2012
    im having trouble with placing lounges as well, i did everything like set it to a community lot and changed it to an exclusive lounge but it still didn't let me put it down. plz help!
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited March 2012
    Edit: Ugh, someone wrote the exact same thing as me :(
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    K_LoopK_Loop Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I figured it out.. At least how it works for me.. I put and empty lot where i wanted it (where it let me put it) and you have to change it from a resident lot to a community lot, if it doesn't show you which community lot you want on your list, choose "no visitors allowed" and go back to community lots and choose what one you want, click place copy and put your copy where you put your empty lot (which is now a community lot)... the lot has to be the right size or bigger.. hope this helped and didn't confuse the crap outta anyone :D
  • Options
    QiuyueQiuyue Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Twilight33 wrote:
    I'm having the exact same problem except when I go to change it to a communithy lot theres nothing. I cant even select the empty lot. I'm only getting lots from the World Editor, am I doing this wrong? Because thats the only place I can get them. Please help me!!! :!:

Same here! I can place lots, but there is no option to change them to community lots, even if i bulldoze and try again. Someone help please!
  • Options
    SimcousinSimcousin Posts: 957 Member
    edited September 2012
    Not sure if this'll help you but it worked for me. When you have an emtpy lot whos Icon is an outline of a house (not colored in if that make sense)and you try to convert it to a comunity lot you will be unable to place a pre-made building there. But if you bulldoze the lot THEN change it to a community lot you'll be able to place pre-made businesses. Of course you'll still need to make sure you have the minimum amount of squares on the lot (example a pre-made house with 30x30 needs a lot with that amount or more). Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks Leafy Justice. Been a while since I played and was having that same problem. Your answer solved it for me.
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited February 2013

THANK YOU !!! This worked for me! it was driving me nuts
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    ClodaghxxClodaghxx Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I am trying to place a big show venue but there are no spaces for me to put it so i can't put it down,even though i deleted a park and now theres an empty lot there? help???
  • Options
    SFindley91SFindley91 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 2013
    K_Loop wrote:
    I figured it out.. At least how it works for me.. I put and empty lot where i wanted it (where it let me put it) and you have to change it from a resident lot to a community lot, if it doesn't show you which community lot you want on your list, choose "no visitors allowed" and go back to community lots and choose what one you want, click place copy and put your copy where you put your empty lot (which is now a community lot)... the lot has to be the right size or bigger.. hope this helped and didn't confuse the crap outta anyone :D

WORKED for me! thank you!!! :D
  • Options
    nikkishaenikkishae Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I finally figured it out!
    First you go to any lot and if it is an empty residential lot then click the icon with the house/bench on it and then change it to community. Next go to the box that says "Choose a lot type" and scroll down to "Visitors Allowed". Now you should be able to place your desired building on the property by clicking on the building, choosing "Place Copy" and dragging it to the lot and it shall begin building.(:
  • Options
    espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    K_Loop wrote:

Lol, its not really fun times when you can't place your lots. This suggestion worked for me. Thank you!