Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT am I missing?!?

So I havent played TS3 in MONTHS. Recently got Late Night and reinstalled my game. (I couldn't stay away for long... lol) So, yeah, I LOVE Late Night and everything but I noticed all the special effects werent working and found out it's because I have to move my CC and Mods folder to the Documents location. I did this. Nothing shows up. Heres a pic. Help me out. Im desperate!

a6x6r.jpg

thanks in advance xo :)

Comments

• Options
    SareBear123SareBear123 Posts: 1,703 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Um i have know idea, just popped in to say HEY CHLOE havent seen you in ag-es
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited January 2011
    Chloesays wrote:
    So I havent played TS3 in MONTHS. Recently got Late Night and reinstalled my game. (I couldn't stay away for long... lol) So, yeah, I LOVE Late Night and everything but I noticed all the special effects werent working and found out it's because I have to move my CC and Mods folder to the Documents location. I did this. Nothing shows up. Heres a pic. Help me out. Im desperate!

a6x6r.jpg

thanks in advance xo :)

Make sure that it's in your Documents that you find in Libraries. It's not under C://User/[yourname]/Documents/The Sims 3

Just hit start and go to Documents and then it should say Libraries/Documents

The Sims 3 folder you want the Mods folder in, is the same one that has Screenshots, Exports, Downloads, etc. etc. If you're putting the Mods folder in The Sims 3 folder that just has Downloads, then it's the wrong one.

OH and that reminds me, it depends on which OS you're using. Is Windows 7 your operating system? Your screenshot looks like Vista, but I can't remember for sure.

The destination for Vista is C:/Documents and Settings/User Name/[your name]/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3
  • Options
    paco1200paco1200 Posts: 8,648 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Chloesays! :D
    Nice to see you again!
  • Options
    ChloesaysChloesays Posts: 448
    edited January 2011
    SARE! im good! good to be back! =]

@Angelic ooh let me check it out... im pretty sure its in the right documents folder. No I dont have 7 i think I have Vista?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Paco! =]
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited January 2011
    um i think the resource file needs to be in the mods folder not packages.
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited January 2011
    You are doing something wrong, but this will help you, better then me explaining.

READ THIS: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217955.page
    Toblie wrote:
    um i think the resource file needs to be in the mods folder not packages.

Yes she does, but she also said she moved her mods to the Documents Folder, I'm assuming she may not have gotten the NEW Resource.cfg file that is needed as-well. Then again she may have... :lol:
  • Options
    Garnet_AlexandriaGarnet_Alexandria Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited January 2011
    That is definitely not Windows XP unless you styled/skinned/themed it to have the appearance of Windows Vista. Otherwise, Windows Vista is what that is.
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited January 2011
    I edited my post showing where the destination should be for Vista, Chloe. Toblie is also correct about where the resource file goes. You just stick it in the Mods folder.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited January 2011
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217955.page
    You have Vista so your setup will look the same as the screenshots in the guide.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    thanks guys =]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    hey chloe, do you rememember that photo you did for model fever where Skylar waslying in leaves and there were autumn leaves across her, how did you get the autumn leaves like that aross her body, if you remember i will use it for an assignment
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sorry kinda hijacked your thread with that Q
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    72vzmf.jpg
    that pic? i used the Clone Stamp tool in photoshop and copied the leaves over her body. it was really easy. try testing it out with different opacities for more realistic resaults.

to elaborate, I used a separate picture and used the Clone Stamp on the pic. You press CTRL and click on the part of that picture you want to use as a brush and use it on the actual picture youre editing. Let me know if that made any sense.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, i will have a look, will probably get back to you tomorrow if you are on, will send you a comment if that is back up and working, otherwise i will post on here is that ok?
  • Options
    XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited January 2011
    OP....you said the special effects weren't working. Do you have the "no mosaic"?
    If you do, you will need the new one that is updated for Late Night. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yes of course, sare =]

@hippie i got all the problems fixed. thanks!
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited January 2011
    Woah, you got some saucy Sims there girl! ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i like my sims saucy lol