Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I found the maximum value of compendium

I couldn't find anything about this already on the forum. (If anyone else has, please give me the link!)

My Sim has collected a lot of metal, both as ingots and as raw ore. He made a bar of compendium and kept adding metals to it. When the bar reached a value of about a hundred and fifty million simoleons, he sold it. That's when I found out that a Sim's "bank account" has a limit of 99,999,999 simoleons. I was very sad. It made selling anything else sort of pointless. Then, having noted that the value of the compendium bar exceeded the bank limit, I decided to find out just how valuable a bar I could make. It's pretty pricey: over 2 billion simoleons. Nifty, but all I can do with it is put it on display. Or in a treasure chest.

Comments

• Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited December 2010
    2 BILLION! You mean 2,000,000,000!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, at least it is priceless.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited December 2010
    Cool! I want to try that!

My sim made a "large spire cut" pink diamond by mixing four large spire cut tiberiums with four emerald-cut pink diamonds, and that gem ended up at about $250,000 simoleons or so. And it was very pretty. But the compendium sounds like the ultimate item.
  • Options
    BlazedSpawnBlazedSpawn Posts: 13
    edited December 2010
    2,147,483,647, to be exact.
    My sim made a "large spire cut" pink diamond by mixing four large spire cut tiberiums with four emerald-cut pink diamonds

Neat! Maybe I'll try that. All I have to do is track down the tiberium and pink diamond ... :)
  • Options
    baby_gurl17baby_gurl17 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited December 2010
    How do you combine metals and gems? I have had WA since it came out but I never tried to combine them before.
    Can someone explane it to me?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    How do you combine metals and gems? I have had WA since it came out but I never tried to combine them before.
    Can someone explane it to me?

See, http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Transfiguration
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    My sim made a "large spire cut" pink diamond by mixing four large spire cut tiberiums with four emerald-cut pink diamonds

I tracked down (or got from Space Rock Blocks) the four pink diamonds and the four pieces of tiberium. After a couple of tries, I came up with the large spire cut pink diamond.

With the tiberium all on the top shelf and the pink diamonds all on the bottom, I got a large spire cut tiberium. Swapped that, pink diamond on top, tiberium on the bottom, and got a large emerald cut pink diamond. Alternating pink diamond and tiberium, starting with a pink diamond in the upper left spot, I got a large emerald cut tiberium. Reversing the alternating pattern--spire cut tiberium in the upper left spot, then emerald cut pink diamond next to it--gave me the lovely spire cut pink diamond, which is now displayed on its own pedestal. Yay!

I need to do some more experimentation, but my current hypothesis is that the upper left spot shows the cut and the spot next to it shows the gem. I don't know if it's necessary to alternate the component items. But it might be amusing to find out.

Thanks for the idea. The spire cut pink diamond is really pretty.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the idea. The spire cut pink diamond is really pretty.

That's great, I'm glad it worked for you! They ARE really pretty. Was it worth tons of cash, too? I about choked when I saw the price tag for it, lol. But that was before I heard about your two billion dollars. :shock:

Also, I'm going to try out your hypothesis. That would be so cool if it works! I'd love to know the exact gem I'm getting on the first try. :-)

EDIT: Oops, this is a comment within a quote box. I wonder how that happened..?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That's great, I'm glad it worked for you! They ARE really pretty. Was it worth tons of cash, too? I about choked when I saw the price tag for it, lol. But that was before I heard about your two billion dollars.

The pink diamond spire I made was worth 188,784 simoleons. The final value might be more or less, depending on the value of the component gems. Bigger gems might increase the value, but probably not significantly.
  • Options
    burnoutPERTHburnoutPERTH Posts: 239 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This thread has virtually all the information you need about "Irreversible Transfigurification"- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/132219.page