Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can you add a subway to sunset valley?

i have been reading about this..but there are no subways in the edit mode in sunset valley, does this work?

Comments

• Options
    CloudwalkerNZCloudwalkerNZ Posts: 1,343 New Member
    edited November 2010
    You will find subway station in the community bin in build mode. I have not idea whether they function or how to set them up. I haven't really try them myself. If you like you can experiment with them and come back and let us how you get on. :wink:
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited November 2010
    You can add a whole host of subways to any of the towns. The easiest way to do it is to save one of the sub stops from Bridgeport to your library and then clone it into Sunset Valley. There are also several subway stops available on the exchange. Last, as Cloudwalker said, you can use the buydebug cheat to purchase the subway item and build your own stop (or put the stop on other community lots or, I suppose, on your home lot, though I haven't tried that one yet.)

The only problem I've found with that is that my sims won't use the subways automatically in those towns. Instead I have to click on the subway I want them to enter and then use the menu that appears to choose the stop they should get off at. Not sure if there's a way to fix that... Someone else will probably know.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Find them in build mode under the miscellaneous section. Also get the subway grating from the buy mode under the miscellaneous section.

plunk these down on lots with rabbit holes, community lots, or on a small vacant community lot (a 10x15 will do fine here) throughout your hood. Also set the zoning to "no visitors". This will stop NPC sims from trying to visit and hang around the lot with nothing to do. A nice, small ready made subway lot is the one just across the bridge with the food truck parking space. Wait until a food truck occupies it and then upload it to the libarary. If you place this lot in your hood, set the zoning to "allow visitors" so your sims can use the food truck.

goto live mode and travel.

the subways work, but only your active sim family members will use them. The best use for the subways is making your muscian sim play for tips when inside them. Your sims also run the risk of being mugged when they emerge at their destination. So proceed with caution... :lol:

Edit: trithone beat me to it. sorry for the unnecessary post :-)
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2010
    I think the easiest way to do it is to add the subway entrances to the already existing community lots in build mode. You don't have to add separate lots that may not fit in the map that way. For example, in Sunset Valley you can add one behind the grocery, at the Science Lab, at the airbase, at the stadium, and so on.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2010
    I put one at Stoney Falls. The one I put there had a food truck. I downloaded it off the exchange. You can also put subways on your home lot.
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited November 2010
    yeah you can just go to edit town and place an empty lot then go and set it as a community lot then plot down a subway station and do it for other areas too. if you want to put one down at your house, type in testingcheatsenabled true and then open up the cheat box again and do Buydebug on. be sure to turn off the cheats after you are done.

(i wish i had my own subway station in my backyard :(:(:( )
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I put one at Stoney Falls. The one I put there had a food truck. I downloaded it off the exchange. You can also put subways on your home lot.
    lol yeah. That's the best feature yet. In Sunset Valley, I finally got tired of watching my 5 star sim get in his limo, then drive exactly 0.5 block to Old Pier beach. Just so he could get on the subway and travel to the other side of town! :lol:
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited November 2010
    easiest way is to just go into edit town mode and then place a subway station on any community lot you want in build/buy

i have placed them all round my towns at the city hall and various places
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited November 2010
    I have placed them all around Sunset Valley as well. Mainly on existing Community lots, then the station is automatically named after the lot.
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    SapphireCSapphireC Posts: 18 New Member
    edited February 2014
    trithone wrote:
    The only problem I've found with that is that my sims won't use the subways automatically in those towns. Instead I have to click on the subway I want them to enter and then use the menu that appears to choose the stop they should get off at. Not sure if there's a way to fix that... Someone else will probably know.

I still haven't found a solution to this :(