Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I change my avatar?

I have recently uploaded an updated version of my avatar, but can't get it loaded on here. I uploaded the Sim from my game, and it is on here, but I can't make it my avatar! How do I accomplish this?

Comments

• Options
    Wolf10kFireWolf10kFire Posts: 416 Member
    edited November 2010

Hi,

If you click on your sim in your studio there should be a link under the "Recommend it" which says "Make This My Avatar". Clicking that should sort it.
    Alternatively you can go to your page, and under where your current avatar is click on "Edit Avatar", then in the next page your sim should be selectable in the side panel if you click on the "Uploaded" Sims tab. :-)

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    edited November 2010
    It didn't work. Nothing came up when I recommend it, and it is still not in my list of custom avatars!
  • Options
    Wolf10kFireWolf10kFire Posts: 416 Member
    edited November 2010
    EDIT:
    :D I've realised what the problem is, you've uploaded her as a household instead of as a sim. You need to upload her from create a sim, rather than the world view. If you haven't saved her to your sim bin then you can still do this when changing her appearance via a mirror.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, I've been away from the computer for quite a bit. :-)

---
    Do you get the link for "set as avatar" on any of the other sims you have uploaded?

The only other thing I can think to suggest is to try re-uploading your sim. Hope somebody more helpful comes along soon. :(

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mcgranormcgranor Posts: 1,682 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Wolf10k is right. You recently uploaded households not Sims. You can only change your avatar from an uploaded Sim. Your Sim "Kati" is set as your current avatar. If you want one of the peeps from the households you uploaded to be your avatar, go into game as that person. Click on mirror or dresser to plan outfit. When in semiCAS (Create A Sim) mode, click on tab to save to bin &share then upload your Sim. You'll have to upload your Sim from launcher. Once your Sim is uploaded, you can change your avatar by clicking "edit avatar" below your current avatar on your page. You should see Sim avatars to choose from on the right side of the page. Select your new uploaded Sim to choose as avatar. Good luck! :wink:

[Edit: how to upload avatar tutorial link]
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=473
    [Edit: how to upload custom avatar tutorial link]
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/112017.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on