The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

La Maison du Roi - A luxurious Parisian townhouse by jisgr8

jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
Hey everyone,

It’s been ages since I’ve added anything to my studio, but after a long hiatus I’ve finally managed to complete that one project that seemed to be a permanent WIP. My latest is a Parisian townhouse going by the name La Maison du Roi or “The House of the King” due to interior spaces inspired by Versailles and Gatchina Palace so very opulent.

CoverLarge-2.jpg

TownhouseSlideshow.gif

Features:
6 bedrooms
8 baths
4-car accessible drive
Formal and vegetable gardens
Library
Gym
Nectar cellar
Rooftop patio
Ballroom

This is my first upload with store items and it uses a bunch. I usually try my best to keep my lots store item free, but I don’t feel I could have made this lot as it should be without them so forgive me this once.

Just to note, the main stairwell spanning the entire 5 floors uses stacked stairs and an annoying game glitch makes them unusable if the lot is not placed in a North-South direction (no idea why). If you absolutely have to have the lot facing a different direction I made sure there is plenty of space in the stairwell to remodel the stair placement. It just won’t look as nice.

A download link and a link to a tour with more interior pictures can be found below. Feel free to leave any comments or questions you might have.

Download Link
Picture Tour

J :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited October 2010
    WOW!

J truly fit for a king! Do I need to bow now?

Luv Bre
  • Options
    LeebeejeebeeLeebeejeebee Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2010
    I absolutely love this! I wish I could build like that. I love how rich and luxurious it looks - it really is fit for a king :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2010
    Oooooh my! This is a STUNNER! WOW! :shock: :shock: Can I pick my jaws from the floor? You are back J and what a comeback! LOVE that architecture! LOVE the interiors! It is PERFECT! This is definitely going in my favourite! I will happily recommend this! :thumbup:
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited October 2010
    Absolutely perfect! I can understand why it has been a WIP for so long - the details are incredible! The ceilings look beautiful too - everything has been designed to perfection. It really is fit for a king!

Love it. This is definitely going in my favourites, I only wish I could give you more than 1 rec!
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited October 2010
    :shock: ................................................... :shock: !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Talk about a comback and a half...holy moly J this is by far the most elaborate and grand lot I have ever seen....where do I begin here? The details are unbelievable and my gosh those ceilings must have taken a month alone :shock: Do I dare ask how long this lot took to complete? This is definitely royalty inside and out, so when can we all move in eh? I hope you saved enough simoleons to buy us all ball gowns and suits not to mention a ribeye and lobster dinner lol...rec'd, faved and dldd bud... :wink:

hugs
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey Jisgr, welcome back. Another phenomenal build with the La Maison Du Roi Palace. I really like the overall authentic architecture, structure, and design including the smooth roof lines, incorporated balconies, and the slanted front entrance. Great usage of the different combination's of windows, doors, white bricks, gray roof tiles, and marble archway which I think adds character to the authentic French architecture. The landscaping especially the placement of trees and the organic garden really flows naturally with the overall Palace. Incredible job with the interiors including the incorporated stairways, bedrooms, bathrooms, nursery, family room, kitchen, entertainment room, formal dining room, library, ballroom, and office. The excellent color schemes compliment perfectly with each room especially the decorative rich wood floors, wallpaper, fabric composition, decorative ceilings, and furniture. Therefore, the overall interiors provide the Palace with an authentic elegant French/traditional setting. My favorite areas of the Palace would include the overall design/structure, rooftop patio, wine cellar, bedrooms, bathrooms, family room, kitchen, formal dining room, library, ballroom, and the office. Recs for the tour/Palace and dl/fav from me. :D
  • Options
    TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited October 2010
    Opulent is an understatement. This is a stunning build. The realism is incredible and every detail looks perfect. Can't wait to take a look at it in the game. Fantastic job, jsgr8! A dl, fav and rec from me, of course.
  • Options
    stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited October 2010
    amazing!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Edit: - just been through the tour! Did I say amazing?! :shock:

Such attention to detail! Brilliant work, J! :D
  • Options
    ChicagoStormChicagoStorm Posts: 1,019 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Its beautiful. I would have never guessed the interiors would have been so extravagant by the exterior. Wonderful job.
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited October 2010
    WOWOWOWOW!

The details, the realism, the luxury... The word perfection comes to mind here... I'm just stunned. This one moved straight into my fav folder. What a way to come back!
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited October 2010
    Uh...WOW!

Stunning lot! I think this has to be the most luxurious lot I have ever seen! Awesome comeback! Left you a very well deserved dl rec and fav!
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited October 2010
    amazing
    I love the green and gold hallway and the very gold bedroom! I must download this!! and rec'd of course. :)
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited October 2010
    J you have outdone yourself again. you definitely have an eye for realism and thats hard to pull off in a game like TS3. so happy you finally got around to uploading it. if this doesn't get a feature i don't know what will.

rec, dl and fave for me :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2010
    I just uploaded La Maison du Roi, and it's unbelievable. The attention to detail is out of this world! It's quite a creative feat--every single room is beautiful and a piece of art. And it looks just like Paris--you captured that architecture and style so well. You did such cool things with the moveobjects function--like creating more elaborate chandeliers, for example. I love the rugs and patterns. The ceilings are perfect. Even the cellar is stunning! I could go on and on and on. This is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing! -Bill
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2010
    Oh J, to say rec dl and fav, just isn't enough. To say it is beautiful isn't enough either.

This build is so beautifully done, with huge attention to detail and style. It is a vertitable tour de force, congratulations on just finishing it.

I am off to download it, and place in in game so I can wander round and drink in all the tiny details!

Thank you for showing us!
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hiya J - just stopping by to say that I adore this lot, your attention to detail is just amazing. I love all your creative uses of MOO, incredible :) A definite RDF from me.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    paogaepaogae Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited October 2010
    :shock: OMG! You did an amazing job!
    It's really beautiful, in every small detail!
    I'm breathless! Many compliments!
    Rec'd, dl'd and fav! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Mythago68Mythago68 Posts: 690
    edited October 2010
    It is a piece of art! Rec`d and fav`d.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited October 2010
    What a beautiful build! Looks so real. I love the bedrooms! You color and design palate are perfect! Hard to pick a fav......maybe the rusty pink colored one or maybe the gold........they are so gorgeous!Such a grand palace! Napoleon is a cute touchh Leaving a rec and fav and a hope your are featured as this is a more than worthy build!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited October 2010
    BrennaW: No you don’t have to bow unless you really want to. Maybe just a nod or two…lol. Thanks for the comments Bre

Leebeejeebee: Thank you Leebeejee. I’m happy you think so about the king thing. For once I wanted to pull out all the stops and go for super luxurious.

Yanti68: You’re too kind Yanti. It’s definitely far from perfect. When I look at the place there are still changes I probably would have made and that’s from just looking at the cover pic. I guess that’s a result of working on it for so long….never satisfied. Thanks for commenting and I really appreciate the rec

spartan1: Thanks spartan1. I’m happy with any amount of recs, but thank you for the thought. I’m just thankful I get to share this lot with everyone and I hope people get enjoyment out of it.

TnT_Terry: Hey Terry :D hope you’ve been well and taking care of TJ. I started this at the beginning of last September hoping to get it out for WA. So it’s an old baby of mine. Don’t get me started on the ceiling tiles…hard to place and they never behave. And you’re making me hungry with your talk of ribeye and lobster...I’m starting to drool on my keyboard. It’s great to hear from you and thanks for the rec

Pistons:
    Thank you for taking the time to go through the place pistons and share your thoughts on the design. I’ve never made a build like this before so your words mean a lot. I’m pleasantly surprised it turn out so well. Thanks again

Tfbob: I appreciate the comments Tfbob, and I hope you enjoy playing the lot though it can be a memory hog with all the objects. Just placing the lot took me 5 minutes of load time so there might be a long wait for slower pc’s. Thanks for the drf
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2010
    WOW!! Incredible. I have dibs on the gold bedroom (unless Elton John has already claimed it). Rec'd and added to my favs. What a thoroughly decadant home. Love the architecture. :-)
    Kirk
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited October 2010
    HOLY --- !

jisgr8, this house(sorry, i mean, this ESTATE) is absolutly amazing ! You paid su much attention on details that make the house so luxurious and unique ! You know, i watched the slideshow like 3 times and my favorites rooms are defenetly the Pink room and the yellow one because of their amazing roofs and details. Even the wine cellar is magnificent !

Sorry for my bad english, but i really wanted to tell you all my mind about your house, howerver much time it could take me :P !

Oh and, just to correct a lil' thing : at the end your wrote "Au revior", but if you wanted to write it in french, you should have written "Au revoir", hehe. Anyway, sorry for that french class, but it kinda ticked me :oops:

Estyle
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow, an absolutely amazing estate, it is truly gorgeous. The attention to detail is perfect, colours and patterns fir perfectly together. I love the ceiling detail in every room, how it matches the interiors. I have rec'd, favourite'd and downloaded :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    edited October 2010
    So beautiful, couldn't pass it throe without downloading.
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2010
    I downloaded it, I put it in game.

Wow. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Beautiful!