Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant Springs - A base game or ambitions world

doublemedion694doublemedion694 Posts: 159 New Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
After 5 months of work and an awkward release, I am now able to present CONSTANT SPRINGS.

The world is based on the typical Pacific North Western country town, with notable features such as a custom made Dam, a mining area, a national park and plenty of isolated farmland properties.

It has been done to the best standards as are possible, including spawners and many hidden areas. It will need riverview to work but no expansions, and other than that I have refrained from putting in any needless custom content. All lots and features are made by myself - with the exception of a few modified lot bin EA houses. Thanks should, however, go to Regina at bogsims.com for the extracted dirt road textures.

EDIT I've just spotted the recoloured grocery Rabbit hole!! Thanks to Alopex at modthesims.info for that. It is removed in the save file. See below for more.

In total, there are 51 residential lots (5 unoccupied) and 43 community lots. Many of the community lots are decorational, made to give the world a more unique feel.

screenshot_original.jpg"height=400width=300"

TECH & INFO

- As stated, this world does not require any third party custom content or expansion packs, only Riverview. It does accidentally contain a custom rabbit hole, but I've removed it in the savegame file - or the lot can be replaced by the base game version I uploaded:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3116218

- All rabbit hole community buildings are included, with the exception of the stadium, although there are empty lots which it can be placed on if desired.

- For Ambitions users, I have made space for the creation/manipulation of Ambitions lots (see page 5 of this post). I have also now uploaded new versions of lots to better integrate ambitions into the town - see page 8.

- Note: This could possibly be a fairly taxing world to run on a PC, due to the large number of trees and small detailing.

- This is the final version of Constant Springs, allowing for the gnomehunt and regular play. A save file with a specially made population to get the best out of Constant Springs is availible here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/278313.page

Finally, here's the exchange link to the improved, fixed version:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3110253
(I dont normally like putting my name blatantly in a creation but I needed to change the name to make it work on the exchange.)

CONSTANT SPRINGS GNOME HUNT

Constant Springs is designed specifically with the gnomehunt in mind. For more info on the event, or to comment on anything related to the gnomehunt, please visit:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/257834.page#3359668

THANKS VERY MUCH AND ENJOY THE WORLD :P
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Wow, I love this! It reminds me a bit of the UP in Michigan. It's adorable!
  • Options
    RobsimsplayerRobsimsplayer Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Looks really good! :D
  • Options
    LuckieoneLuckieone Posts: 478 Member
    edited June 2010

Wow looks really nice, a great looking world. :D:D:D
  • Options
    GlosoliGlosoli Posts: 94 Member
    edited June 2010
    Looks gorgeous so far, I love the small town/wilderness feel. Excited to see more : )
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hi doublemedion694, that's a really nice looking world. I look forward to seeing the completed world. Book marked your thread to keep watching progress.

Your pictures are to big for the thread you might want to resize them as they have broken the page. If you dont know how to do this you just need to add this...

"height=400width=300" between .jpg and (/img)
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited June 2010
    AMAZING!!!! but by the way. you broke the thered.. you need to make the picts smaller..
  • Options
    KittycattylionKittycattylion Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited June 2010
    this is wonderful! :shock:
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
  • Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2010
    i like it, looks really idyllic.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2010
    Doublemedion694,

Your Town looks nice, at least the old pictures. However, I can't say anything about how it looks now, because that link you posted doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thought I'd add a few more interesting pics of Constant Springs. I'd upload more but with the exchange down I don't want to cause problems.

Here's a detailed view within the town:

As well as a view of the local castle ruins:

And lastly, a look at the first duck to participate in...
    THE CONSTANT SPRINGS DUCK HUNT.

[/b]Edit: The duck hunt has now become the gnome hunt!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited June 2010
    nice work!
  • Options
    robbyamrobbyam Posts: 607 New Member
    edited June 2010
    This is great looking. It reminds me of the museum pictures depicting manifest destiny from earlier america. except with buildings.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2010
    Thought I'd add a few more interesting pics of Constant Springs. I'd upload more but with the exchange down I don't want to cause problems.

Here's a detailed view within the town:

As well as a view of the local castle ruins:

And lastly, a look at the first duck to participate in...
    THE CONSTANT SPRINGS DUCK HUNT.

More on this later :-)

Looks nice :mrgreen: ~ These remind me of Broken Heart Island. :lol:
  • Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited June 2010
    doublemedion, your world looks absolutly amazgin ! I mean, everything is perfect :D : the word itself is not too big, the houses are just pretty enough and the modelling/landscaping is very well done !
  • Options
    MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm very excited to download once your down! I love the quaint feel of it. Nice work! :D
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm just lovin this!

It does remind me of some of the small towns I've driven through in the Columbia River Gorge. All of the fir trees and rock formations are spot on. Your Mtn sculpting is excellent. :mrgreen:

• Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2010
    I am liking what I've seen so far. Hopefully the OP keeps up with the excellent work.
  • Options
    SimcousinSimcousin Posts: 957 Member
    edited June 2010
    WOW!!! Great job on this! Very nice world. Hope that you upload it! :D
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2010
    Your pics of Constant Springs are quite enticing. Duck hunt...will look forward to more info on it, lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Now for some added fun :lol: :P

As a way of making Constant Springs a little more interesting, I have decided to create the first ever CONSTANT SPRINGS GNOME HUNT

'Mysterious Mr Gnome' and his pals will have hidden themselves in both community and residential lots, at more than 20 locations within the map. And They're not afraid to squeeze into hard to get places - including under objects!!

The challenge is therefore to find and capture the michevous gnomes for a reward. This will most likely be a gift from the store.

Here's some teasing pics.

More details, such as rules, will be revealed closer to the world's release.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    girlybgirlyb Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I love this! It looks so quaint and reminds me of Idaho Springs, Colorado. I loved the old feel to that town.
  • Options
    TristanrulesCSITristanrulesCSI Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    i love the world, it has the quiant feel, any idea when the world will be up for download and will it accomadate the new ambitions lots such as the bar. Thanks great work :)
  • Options
    WackieAttackieWackieAttackie Posts: 21
    edited June 2010
    Gorgeous, reminds me of Ireland.
    Can't wait for the finished product. 8D
  • Options
    siimoneeeesiimoneeee Posts: 33
    edited July 2010
    Great idea with the gnomes!!!! your landscapeing techniques are excellent!
  • Options
    audge2041audge2041 Posts: 649 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This is beautiful! Bookmarked and can't wait for when it's finished :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top