Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 World Adventures Errors, Bugs & Problems

From what I have found reading different posts on this Forum is that there are a bunch of problems with The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack. I have read about people having missing houses, sims, lifetime points, clothes and many other items and essential game play objects. I've also read about people getting error messages. I'm curious about all of the problems everyone has had and would love to hear about them here. Maybe this post will help with people in the future when they have issues within the game. Feel free to post problems you have run across with The Sims 3 World Adventures and how you got around to fixing those problems, if you have, or maybe someone else will post how to fix it. I think being prepared is the best way to start out playing a new game so bring on all the Bugs, Errors and other Problems you have encountered with The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited November 2009
    If I had to guess, I bet most of those bugs come from things that are in the game update that is available without WA. So far with the update here are my issues: Goth house has disappeared, all items in the fridge, personal inventory, family inventory, and bookshelves, and I cannot save the game at all.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited November 2009
    I knew I was going to be glad I waited.
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I always wait. I'm still on v1.27 I think WA is has had a couple of issues and the Update has some aswell. Nothing seems to work well for everyone. PC Gaming can be such a headache sometimes.
  • Options
    darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited November 2009
    looks like they are patching the patch. my mac can't even access the patch and my windows pc had the option to last night but now doesnt. someone in another form said they most likely took down the patch as so many ppl are having problems right now.
  • Options
    SeaMonsterDylanSeaMonsterDylan Posts: 216 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I just moved my CC to desktop and am not installing the patch. I'm off to buy WA when Target opens in a few minutes. I'll let you know if I have any problems playing/saving. And if I don't reply again to this thread, then you can assume that the game is running fine and I'm having a blast!
  • Options
    knightflower3knightflower3 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Not sure if it's from WA or the updates but we couldn't use the cell phone, 2 sims disappeared, unable to change active household and CAS didn't load even after half an hour of "loading". I'm cleaning up some stuff and running a few scanners to see if that helps any . . .
  • Options
    Porcelain21Porcelain21 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm waiting to get WA from digital download so I'm not sure what problems it causes. I never had problems getting game updates before, but this update has made my game slow...very...very...slow. I was contemplating murder while waiting for my game to load. Does anyone know if there is any way to uninstall game updates?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    they must be doing something because the update page on the main website is now blank... guess i just wait n see now. :(
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited November 2009
    I regret downloading it last night.
    ;/

I haven't played yet, but god only knows what issues I'll have...
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    Hagfish07Hagfish07 Posts: 430 Member
    edited November 2009
    i wondered if there would have been problems with the new patch and the expansion, i'd rather have the patch cuz it sounds like it did alot of good things
  • Options
    TimBitTimBit Posts: 281 Member
    edited November 2009
    My error: My code is 'invalid', yet I have the physical copy right here in front of me. I can't register it to install, or for the Store.
  • Options
    Midnight23Midnight23 Posts: 655 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I can't install my game, it gets to the end and then it just loads the same files over and over again :cry:, nvm i just had to wait lol
  • Options
    etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited November 2009
    TimBit wrote:
    My error: My code is 'invalid', yet I have the physical copy right here in front of me. I can't register it to install, or for the Store.

That could mean someone stole your code and used it to register. You get to call or email EA help now and explain it to them. Enjoy!! :?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    yay finally got the patch to install, now to see if there are any problems. i wont have WA till the end of this week, but hopefully i wont have any bugs with the patch,,,, fingers crossed
  • Options
    SeaMonsterDylanSeaMonsterDylan Posts: 216 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I wasn't able to install the game without first installing the patch. That took forever! Installing game now... crossing fingers.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ohno...... so far when starting a new game i do not have the ability to pick any traits, the whole trait area is blank! so essentially i cant start a new game...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hmm other than not being able to make a new game.... grr.. its working fine all the tools are working. everything except my traits.
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited November 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    I knew I was going to be glad I waited.

WA isn't the only problem-- it's the patch that is causing trouble with my comp. :P
    I always wait. I'm still on v1.27 I think WA is has had a couple of issues and the Update has some aswell. Nothing seems to work well for everyone. PC Gaming can be such a headache sometimes.
    Yeah, here's what I got after I installed the new patch:
    Unable to Start Game
    Service Initialization Failed (0x6224dd27)
  • Options
    knightflower3knightflower3 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Is it just me or does it seem like people are having very different game issues? That's kind of weird, isn't it?
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Is it just me or does it seem like people are having very different game issues? That's kind of weird, isn't it?

it IS weird :shock: I don't have WA yet, but with that dumb patch my game wont even run now. :?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    so i took out the mods/pkg folder and the resource file and now it works????? i wonder what it was. but at least everything is working now.
  • Options
    parksmomparksmom Posts: 80 New Member
    edited November 2009
    After installing lastest update this morning my game will not save. Just got my DD code for WA and it keeps saying that it has already been used. :x :x
  • Options
    Minimelo649Minimelo649 Posts: 373 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I bought World Adventures this morning....still trying to install!

I cant install without the patch... everytime i try to download the patch, (either through WA or the base game launcher) it just tells me that it failed, doesnt tell me why, doesnt give me an error code, nothing.

And it took me atleast 3 hours to get onto the forums, the page just wouldnt load, on all 5 computers in my house! Dont know if that was cuz people were flooding the forums with there WA problems...

Im seriously starting to doubt EAs ability to give us a game that works straight outta the box... same thing with the base game! I know its gonna have problems....but a problem that makes the game completely unplayable is a little redicously! something needs to change over at EA!
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited November 2009
    My problem is that whenever I start the game, it's just a black screen and then it closes. It might be because I left it on Window mode last time I played, but IDK. I tried installing the patch but that didn't seem to help. I'll try it again. I also can't install the Adventures Loot set either.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    wow two hours to get back into the forum for me.. what is going on EA. anyway I tried to check most of my game. all is working now except the new roofs. hopefully...... EA will come up with a fix to all the problems soon. sry to all the ppls whoes games are unplayable at the moment. i really hope this all gets resolved quickly.