The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Manor De Wynter - A hilltop haunted house by jisgr8

jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
Hey everyone,

To celebrate the upcoming holiday I've built an old, spooky mansion called Manor De Wynter. It's for the Halloween Showcase and comes at just under $300K.

Click to download

Features:

3 bedrooms (includes nursery)
2 bathrooms
2-story library
Secret laboratory with research "swimming" pool
Small cemetery

The door to the basement laboratory is hidden behind a bookcase that is actually placed on the floor below, but raised up to look like it covers the basement access door. This way the door is still hidden and your Sims can just walk right through the bookcase. Make sure that you don't grab it in build/buy mode or you'll have to reposition it using the acro-stacking method.

I have included custom patterns from TSR in this upload to better capture the dilapidated look for the house. I have also used custom recolored stairs & railings as well and the last pic below provides the download links if you want them in your game.

ManorCoverLarge-2.jpg

Manor-De-Wynter.gif

9-3.jpg

10-3.jpg

Feedback is welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

J :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited October 2009
    Wow J another fantastic build! Soooo creeepy...is it haunted? lol

Luv Bre
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    BrennaW wrote:

Luv Bre

Thanks Bre :mrgreen:. It's not haunted because no Sim has died on the lot...yet :twisted:, though there may be a poltergeist or 2 in the nursery with all the floating teddies.
  • Options
    The_Blue_MaidenThe_Blue_Maiden Posts: 774 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I love it! It reminds me a little of Count Olaf's house...you know, from Lemony Snicket?
  • Options
    Sambeau2Sambeau2 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited October 2009
    WOW! that is incredible! I can definatly tell you put some serious time and effort into that! great job!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I love it! It reminds me a little of Count Olaf's house...you know, from Lemony Snicket?

You read my mind...that was totally the look I was going for. I was even thinking of naming the place Baudelaire Manor. Thanks for the feedback.
    Sambeau2 wrote:
    WOW! that is incredible! I can definatly tell you put some serious time and effort into that! great job!

Thanks Sambeau2. The place took me about a week from start 2 finish, but it was a lot of fun to build. Haunted houses are 2nd only to castles with my favorite kind of lots to build.
  • Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited October 2009
    jisgr8 wrote:
    BrennaW wrote:

Luv Bre

Thanks Bre :mrgreen:. It's not haunted because no Sim has died on the lot...yet :twisted:, though there may be a poltergeist or 2 in the nursery with all the floating teddies.

Poltergeist tee hee!
    :D
  • Options
    Francis123PFrancis123P Posts: 1,034 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Spookily beautiful j! :mrgreen:
    It looks so impressive! :-o Especially on that amazing night shot! :shock:
    All those details, those patterns you chose, it all blends so well together! :D

Great job, my friend! :mrgreen:
    Fav', rec' and download! :wink:
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited October 2009
    I wrote a haiku to express my <3 for this lot.

Thought I would share with everyone.

a horrible sight
    beautifully carried out
    with J's underwear
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2009
    Rolf Anju! Nice avi pic! :wink:

I love it J! Very spooky. I haven't seen a lab that disturbing since ChannelFadge left the forums... :twisted: Perfect for movies and stories. You know there will be some machinimas made in that house. Make sure to credit J machinimists!(Is that a real word??) A definite rec. and dl! I don't think there will be any trick-or-treaters coming to that door... :shock:
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Spookily beautiful j! :mrgreen:
    It looks so impressive! :-o Especially on that amazing night shot! :shock:
    All those details, those patterns you chose, it all blends so well together! :D

Great job, my friend! :mrgreen:
    Fav', rec' and download! :wink:

TY Francis. The place wouldn't have been nearly as good w/out the custom patterns especially the peeling paint one from cyclonesue. I used it for rust, mossy stone, and old wood. Great pattern.
    Anjubee wrote:
    I wrote a haiku to express my <3 for this lot.

Thought I would share with everyone.

a horrible sight
    beautifully carried out
    with J's underwear

My very own Anju haiku :mrgreen:...I'm speechless

PS: love the new avi...yowza
    SimEve wrote:
    Rolf Anju! Nice avi pic!

I love it J! Very spooky. I haven't seen a lab that disturbing since ChannelFadge left the forums... Perfect for movies and stories. You know there will be some machinimas made in that house. Make sure to credit J machinimists!(Is that a real word??) A definite rec. and dl! I don't think there will be any trick-or-treaters coming to that door...

Thanks SimEve. It would be great for stories. All we need is the return of the occult Sims. It doesn't seem like the best place for a mummy.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2009
    Holy crap! :shock: That things is absolutely amazing....insert at least 5 superlatives here:________________. Seriously, J...it really hits all the marks..outside and in, and I am just SO impressed with your work...way to go! (((Big hugs)))
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited October 2009
    j this is amazing. you did an outstanding job again. i love how you made it all dank and dreary which helps with the atmosphere. my favourite part is the floating teddys :shock:

you gotta love acrostacking. it works so well
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Holy crap! :shock: That things is absolutely amazing....insert at least 5 superlatives here:________________. Seriously, J...it really hits all the marks..outside and in, and I am just SO impressed with your work...way to go! (((Big hugs)))

Aw thanks Ruth :oops:. Hugs right back. It means a lot. I started the place a few days before the announcment of the Halloween showcase and I was floored when I saw the thread. When are we gonna get to see your entry? :wink:
    j this is amazing. you did an outstanding job again. i love how you made it all dank and dreary which helps with the atmosphere. my favourite part is the floating teddys

you gotta love acrostacking. it works so well

TY PC...a whole sentence with just 4 letters :wink:. I'm actually kinda sad that I'm done with the place b/c it was so much fun to make. This was my first lot where I used more acrostacking than usual. It's a cool technique, but can be a pain when you're trying to do it on the third story of a house :x.
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited October 2009
    Hallo :) That house looks awesome the cover pic of it looks real Lol at the floating teddies :D The decor looks amazing such great colours and furniture really nice. Why is acrostacking a pain on the third story its just the same all through the house isnt it :o
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bennjoon wrote:
    Hallo :) That house looks awesome the cover pic of it looks real Lol at the floating teddies :D The decor looks amazing such great colours and furniture really nice. Why is acrostacking a pain on the third story its just the same all through the house isnt it :o

Thanks Bennjoon. I was having some weird troubles with the teddies that were on third floor. Some of them just liked to fall to the floor when others stayed in place. I doubt it has anything to do with the floor it was on because I also had a mirror on the floor below return to it's normal position after reloading the lot. I gave up on that one after like the 4th time repositioning it.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2009
    [quote=jisgr8
    Aw thanks Ruth :oops:. Hugs right back. It means a lot. I started the place a few days before the announcment of the Halloween showcase and I was floored when I saw the thread. When are we gonna get to see your entry? :wink:

[/quote]

Started it a couple days ago but have not had time to build much lately...pesky ole real life and all... :D Gonna try to have it in the next few days...nothing special, tho.
  • Options
    aimeeyoung14aimeeyoung14 Posts: 497 Member
    edited October 2009
    WOW that is the best haunted house I've ever seen. haha amazing work!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited October 2009
    J it's almost ridiculous how brilliant this is!
    The pics are amazing but it's only in game you can truely appreciate all the design and hard work.
    The landscaping on the entrance and the tombs is so clever.
    The FLOATING teddies is inspired lol. The aero stacking in the loft I love! So many little touches that make this one of you best builds imho. The textures used look amazing.

LOVE it!I don't think I need to say rec'd lol? :mrgreen:

Perhaps you can treat us all to a grungy J in his grungy manties to live in it? :P
  • Options
    startspringstartspring Posts: 639 Member
    edited October 2009
    Amazing! I have been looking for a house like this for my `hood invain, but you hit it spot on *worships* :thumbup:
  • Options
    ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited October 2009
    most awsome work there! it´s an eye-catcher, great job :-)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2009
    Wow! My jaws just dropped when I saw your haunted house! It looks so perfect - both from outside and inside! I think your lot will definitely win the Halloween Showcase! Recommended! :D
  • Options
    fattygirl218fattygirl218 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I think its great!!! Good Job! :D
  • Options
    Bubby189Bubby189 Posts: 1,999 New Member
    edited October 2009
    OOHHH!!! Love it. It's big,dark,ominous. The perfect house for my dead orphan girl. You are one talented Simmer! :D:D:D quite an imagination. I've dl'd,rec'd and put in faves.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ruthless_kk: We all know it'll be awesome. Can't wait to see it.

aimeeyoung14: Thanks for the compliment aimeeyoung. I'm happy it turned out so well.

Allium: TY Alli. Tester J wouldn't be caught dead in manties :roll:.

ZombieJ.jpg

See, "dead" and still not wearing them though you can't tell what Zombie J is wearing underneath those stained clothes. That's strawberry jam if you would like to know ;).

startspring: Glad to be of service ;). I hope u enjoy it in your hood.

Architektin: Thanks Architektin. It does stand out in a creepy, run for your life kinda way :mrgreen:

yanti68: I appreciate the vote of confidence yanti. This is the first time I got to enter a Halloween showcase and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

fattygirl218: Thanks fattygirl.

Bubby189: TY for the DRF. There are plenty of levitating teddy bears for her to play with.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 321 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Wow :shock: that house is amazing, has a really great feel and look about the place, i get the feeling it will be used in some horro machimas/stories.

i especially like the outside look of the place with all the balconies and towering roof work.

The patterns are really good, im joiniong TSR now, as some of those patterns etc are really inventive.

How did u come up with the idea for the layout of the place, its inspired me to wnat to build a mnasion/manor style lot lol. i usually look up house plans so if you could recomend any it would be much appreciated :D

Download and rec'd