Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mighty Beach Modern by Anjubee (Please help me report my stolen lot!)

AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
Hello!

It's been awhile since I did a modern lot, so I decided to pick a modern beach lot for the Build-n-Share NYC neighborhood. It was kinda difficult as you don't really imagine a beach house when you think of NYC, so I decided to do the interiors very luxurious/trendy... something you might see in a city loft, but with a beachier feel.

I named this "Mighty Beach Modern" because after I added the decorative slants to the roof, it felt like my house had slipped on a superhero costume! :)

I do have to apologize for one thing though. There are premium store items in this build. I have been so tempted to use the Ultra Lounge set just once and I finally caved. I figured those who are fans of modern will probably have the set. I apologize to any of you who don't.

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1366853

mighty.png

mighty_03.jpg

mighty_05.jpg

mighty_07.jpg

mighty_08.jpg

mighty_09.jpg

mighty_10.jpg

mighty_12.jpg

mighty_13.jpg

mighty_14.jpg

mighty_16.jpg

More pictures can be found here or by clicking my siggy.

Thank you for viewing. :)

Comments

• Options
    RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited October 2009
    good job anju!! R&D&F.... I'm moving in asap.....
    Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg
  • Options
    ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited October 2009
    hey anju,
    great job there! i love every bit of it, your deco-skill is - at least - lvl 10 :-)

good opportunity to pop in and say hello, as i don´t come often to the creative corner any more - with all my uploading troubles i feel a bit "cut off" actually ;-) have much fun using your talent!

greetings,
    archi :-)
  • Options
    valennealvvalennealv Posts: 641 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Stunning house Anjubee, as usual.. :mrgreen: Your creativity and talent never ceases to amaze me. Its such an amzing lot with so many beautiful, creative ideas. Nice job.

valennealv
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited October 2009
    Absolutely stunning...
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Anju...:mrgreen:

This maybe modern, buts its beautiful and modern. I love the fins on the roof!Fabulous landscaping around the house, I want to be on that sun loungers watching the waves crashing in!

I love the blues with the Orange highlights, The open plan area is lovely. I love the bedroom with the witches kitty keeping an eye down below lol. I laos would love to be in that office right now lol!

Superb! Rec, rec rec! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Alli: <333

Tamlyn: Thank ya! <3

Vale: :oops: :oops: :oops: <-- blushies

Archi: Thank you for always being so supportive, Archi! I do miss seeing you around these forums, but I hear ya. If you ever feel inclined to, come visit some of us over at www.buildersboulevard.com! It's less hectic than the forums here and we'd love to see you about.

Ralphie: *coughs!*
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited October 2009
    So awesome, Anju.
    Big hugs for making something that will fit into my neighborhood. *hugs* Supremely awesome, inside and out. Definitely going in my favorites collection.

=D

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Very nicely done Anju, I also love the way you used the little touches of orange againt the blue. Very chic and modern. I had not thought of using myself to playtest what a fun idea, may have to borrow that :mrgreen:

Rec's and all.

Jasnik :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2009
    Anjubee, your lots are special as always! This one looks gorgeous just like the rest. You are so talented in landscaping, building and interior design! The pool area outside, the balcony and pretty much everything just blew me away! The kitchen, the dinning room, living room, bathroom and the bedroom is very tastefully decorated! I love the shades of blue! It goes well with the white and black! Recommended of course! :-)
  • Options
    FatalTemptressFatalTemptress Posts: 757 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Anjubee, I'm loving this lot. Makes me want to create an amazing house for myself, just one problem.. I'm lacking in the construction skill.

I adore the kitchen in particular, beautifully decorated, and the view of the ocean from the bedroom is simply stunning. (: +Rec'd!
  • Options
    KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited October 2009
    This is a lovely home. I especially like the color scheme. Your avatar looks so perfect on this lot. Rec'd. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2009
    Wow Anju! That turned out so beautifully. There are so many details and yet it's not too busy. Just perfect in my opinion. The colors are great and the layout is very nice as well. I think my favorite detail is the crawlspace above the bed. I love it! DL & R.
  • Options
    lmsmbulfroglmsmbulfrog Posts: 793 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Very Trendy!

Rec from me (I'll DL tonight!)
  • Options
    Francis123PFrancis123P Posts: 1,034 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I just love it Anju. :mrgreen:

The exterior is a bit wacky, but it feels so revolutionary and original that I fell in love with it. The interiors are just exquisite, yet so simple... :-o

I HAVE to fav' this one.
    Rec' and download. 8)

Great job! :wink:
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited October 2009
    i love it anju. the blue really works well for beach lots and the use throughout the home carries the theme through well. i am glad you finally got to use the ultra lounge set for an upload too. it is so good but i do wish that it was a base game set.

i will fave and rec.
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2009
    I forgot to say how much I love the square skylights! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited October 2009
    Heya Anju I posted on Siminteriordesigns about this but it really is a gorgeous house. I love the landscaping too :) gave u a rec.
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited October 2009
    Definitely going to download and rec. Beautiful modern. Also really like your use of blues. Blues are very easy to put variations together that clash, but your uses work so well together. Like all the little MO and CFE tricks that don't really show up right off too: the crawl space SimEve mentioned, the L-shaped stairs up to one of the decks, the hot tub, etc.

This is also the first build that makes me want to get some store items. I am boycotting the store until their prices make sense compared to the game. You use here though is giving me serious twinges towards giving in. That says a lot.
  • Options
    RichrealmenRichrealmen Posts: 828 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Hi Anjubee

Wow!Great work!I like it!I love modern houses!And I like color.
    Anjubee your all houses is very beautiful! :P
    Rec'd and add to favorite! :D
    Good Luck! :mrgreen:

RRM :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    RRM: Wow, a favorite. Thank you, sir!

MeestorMark: Your comments about the subtle CFE really mean a lot as that is what I strive for! I always try to build as seamlessly as possible and it is hard to hide obvious CFE work sometimes, so thank you for noticing that! And I totally hear ya about store items. I think they are way too expensive too. It's why I typically won't use them in my uploads, but it is soooo hard to resist when they are there in game screaming how perfect they would look if you used them... ahhh! :shock:

Benny: Thanks, babe!

Evie: <3 I kinda miss the tiger chairs. :twisted:

Peacy: =O A fav?!

Francis: A fav from you too? =O Thank ya, sir! "A bit wacky"... almost feels like you are talking about me instead of the lot. :lol:

bulfrog: <3

Kayllisti: Haha, she does match the house pretty well. Thank ya so much!

FatalTemptress: Thanks! The kitchen started out with a hello kitty backsplash. I decided to go with the mirror backsplash at the end. Hee!

yanti68: :oops: :oops: :oops: I have to give huge props to jisgr8 for helping me come up with landscaping ideas! I think that's my weakest point. After I had the initial shell, I had no idea how to landscape it. He suggested some huge planters and an interesting water feature that went underneath the house and it was the perfect idea!

Jasnik82: Thank you! I was afraid people might not like the orange. That tends to be a color people typically say they do not want around in the house, but I figured little pops of it really makes it more modern and chic. And my poor avatar has been through a lot testing my houses. She is a trooper though. *pets avi*

Mmookie: Let me know if you have any issues downloading. I will gladly upload a mediafire version for ya. <3

Whew.. Thanks guys, for all of your lovely comments!
  • Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited October 2009
    Wow Anju my modern pales in comparison! I love the blue kitchen and you have such a knack for making it look lived in. Rec form me.

Luv Bre
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Brenna: Your modern is lovely too! Thank you. It's tough to do that with moderns since I like to keep things very minimal, but it should still feel a little bit comfortable!
  • Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited October 2009
    :shock: Googly eyes for you and this fantastic modern build. I love it inside and out. I might just have to cave and dl the ultra lounge set now...Rec
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    J,

If it weren't for your suggestions on how to landscape, I'd still be trying to figure out what to do with it on the outside, so thank you so much for your suggestions! <3
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Anju, this house is stunning! Lindissima! Formidavel!!!! It looks so real, that I want to move in. I’m downloading for sure It is one of my favorites.