Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidler's Epic Building Challenge (Due Date:03/15/11)

Comments

• Options
    RutschgagaRutschgaga Posts: 875 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh what a nice challenge! I would love to take part in the New Orleans Challenge. Unfortunalety it isn't possible for me for some reason. So I'm really looking forward to see all the entries.

@ Smoky:
    Meanwhile I've seen your entry for the challenge at tss. This house is exactly the New Orleans style I imagine. I already rec.ed it. You did really a great work on it. Good luck in the competition!

@ kimjo:
    I freak out. :lol: What an impressive work! Rec. and fav. from me :thumbup: Good luck for you, too.

Greetings,
    Ruts
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2010
    Thank you socalkdl, my ain't kimjos build something else tho!

Its a shame we don't get vampires till the autumn!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ruts why aren't you doing one? Ah well, thanks for the rec tho!
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited July 2010
    Rutschgaga & Smoky Topaz,
    Thank you both for the enthusiastic remarks(and the rec's). I had fun doing this and yes, I wish we had the vamps now also!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited July 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Ruts why aren't you doing one? Ah well, thanks for the rec tho!

Unfortunalety I have not enough time for this Challenge. And I still have another two houses which I would like to build first ready. This can last for years^^

• Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey Everyone!

For those of you who do not follow my Workshop thread much, I just did another review on my 'Still New' blog. This one is about garbuckle3000, our medal designer and our guest judge this month.

I'd appreciate if all of you would go over there and post a comment, follow me and check it out.

Also, I posted all the results of last month's challenge of "Fidler's Modern Dream Challenge". Next month I'd like to do something extra special with the results of this challenge by uploading a covershot of the winners entries. I also posted the links to both the entries and media which I'll do next month too.

So go check it out and sign up to follow me; make a comment and help me get that blog going.

Here's the link:

http://fidlerten.blogspot.com/

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi, Fidlerten! I like your new blog. You probably already know this, but I just thought I would tell you in case you don't that you can display cover shots of items on the Exchange- right click on the cover shot, then choose "View image". This gives you a link that you can copy and paste into your blog or forum post as an image. These images are always accessible because they are the ones that the Exchange uses to display the uploads. This image may be too small for what you're wanting to do, though. I have used mine as an example.

Here is the link for my example: http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/thumb/shard000/000/024/838/93/roof_up_large.jpg

roof_up_large.jpg
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This is an announcement to Stw402, that I have not received contact from you. I suggest you try, as you still have a medal to collect! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tfbob wrote:
    Hi, Fidlerten! I like your new blog. You probably already know this, but I just thought I would tell you in case you don't that you can display cover shots of items on the Exchange- right click on the cover shot, then choose "View image". This gives you a link that you can copy and paste into your blog or forum post as an image. These images are always accessible because they are the ones that the Exchange uses to display the uploads. This image may be too small for what you're wanting to do, though. I have used mine as an example.

Here is the link for my example: http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/thumb/shard000/000/024/838/93/roof_up_large.jpg

roof_up_large.jpg

Yes Tfbob,

I knew that but since allot of builders have houses uploaded to mediafire or 4share, I couldn't include every builder. I'd also rather have a better photo provided by the builder. Next month I'm going to ask the winners to provide a shot like that for my blog.

Thanks for the help though.

fidlerten
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hey Fid,

I have just finished my New Orleans build that I made for TSS, can I enter it into your challenge?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Jasnik82 wrote:
    Hey Fid,

I have just finished my New Orleans build that I made for TSS, can I enter it into your challenge?

Jasik,

You're ProEntrant 8.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you. :-)
  • Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited August 2010
    What a beautiful house Jasnik ! The outdoor is really well done and the indoor looks really warmy with its peach wall colour :D !
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited August 2010
    Jasnik82 wrote:
    Hey Fid,

Wow Jasnik, nice Raised Center Hall Cottage. Very New Orleans. I like the twin stair cases off the center hall a lot. The raised foundation is very accurate of this style. I'm using the same arches on my Double Gallery as you, lol. I like the use of wrought iron on the balcony, also very New Orleans. Great job. Left a well deserved rec.
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks so much for the great comments guys, looking forward to seeing how your builds turn out :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    W o n d e r f u l!!!!
    I love the colors on that house also the patterns you used on the gabel and basis- very clever :-) Your mo work inside is fascinating. I love what you did with the mirrors. I did the same in my current build with two simpel mirrors- however, it doesn't look so beautyful in mine. A very well deserved rec. from me :thumbup: Good luck!

Greetings,
    Ruts
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wow thanks Ruts, you made my day. :D

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited August 2010
    Thinking alot about New Orleans lately...puts me in perfect mindset to judge the contest. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thinking alot about New Orleans lately...puts me in perfect mindset to judge the contest. :)

Ruth, that's one of the reasons I chose it too; and the fact that I'm currently keeping up with the Real World cast which is in New Orleans.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey Everyone!

Next month I'm thinking; Arabian architecture.

I do know that this is quite popular with allot of builders; myself included so it might be interesting to see what you builders can come up with.

If I do, I'm hoping to have a special guest judge that would be an expert in that kind of architecture. You guys can play guessing games on who that is. Of course, this person hasn't agreed to do it yet but we'll see.

fidlerten
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hmmm......I wonder if I can shed some...light....on the matter? LOL :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Could you shed a little more Light on that Fidler? Someone from Dubai maybe?
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Subtle.

:D lol

Oh, and I still need to get in touch with the other judges to see what's required of me :)